Main Content

Discussion: Clans

Posted 2021-09-10 17:45:30
As long as fees don't go past 1GC or 2GC then I won't have a problem with it

🦊Trolljan

Posted 2021-09-10 17:46:14
@trolljan + @Lionel

hi! admin of Lore Clan here~

I'm pretty sure if they do end up including membership fees, it'll be toggleable and adjustable by Clan Admins. I can't speak for any other clans, but I can't see myself putting a fee above 10sc, if I have a fee at all. I wouldn't worry *too* much about membership fees. (I'm a friend of the R&C admin too! I can't speak for them, so don't take my word as law, but I wouldn't worry too much about their membership fees either. <3)

If they do follow the Lioden Model, I can't see them restricting you to one clan alone, either. I'm sure it'll be a 'join as many as you'd like' type of thing.

EasyPlesi

Posted 2021-09-10 18:06:17
I imagine the reason they'd include fees is that, from what I've seen on Lioden, some clans use a small monthly fee from their members to raise funds for the clan. This seems to be the most common in clans whose main purpose is creating fun raffles or giveaways of expensive items so they can afford to buy those, or clans surrounding breeding projects to help get supplies that members need for their projects. A lot of the "just for fun" type of clans on lioden often don't have a fee.

BlueFox

Posted 2021-09-10 19:01:32
@Ghostie + @Bluefox That makes sense! I've never played Lioden so I don't have as much frame of reference. If fees are optional and can be toggled based on the purpose of the clan then I have no objections.

Lionel

Posted 2021-09-10 19:38:46
I see, Thank you BlueFox!

Dre

Posted 2021-09-10 22:10:47 (edited)
I would also prefer the clans to be called Alliances. It just feels fitting for several packs coming together.

Remmie

Posted 2021-09-11 00:29:12
All the ideas seems super nice !

I'd love to be able to pairbond with wolves from other people in the clan !

Also as someone mentionned boss fight, like boss hunt, creating a hunt team for the clan to hunt special things that everyone could hunt on !

N4nn

Posted 2021-09-11 01:40:23
Hi all! I just wanted to jump in here to say that we appreciate all of these ideas that have been presented so far. The prospect of having group-based events and activities is definitely interesting and offers a lot of potential.

We did want to clarify though that this does fall a bit out of line with what we were envisioning for these types of groups. When proposing this topic, it was more in line with "social groups" or communities. This would allow you to join multiple groups with a focus on different activities, interests, or subjects. For example: art/artists, breeding projects, roleplaying, specific play styles, or just a place for a group of friends to hang out together on the site.

Hopefully this gives a bit of guidance and insight into this particular feature.

Also, as a side note, I personally thought something like "Lodges" could be a nice term for these groups ("The Wolf Lodge", "Join our Lodge!", etc.). The term "Alliance" definitely seems like it would fit better with the other type of group I think a lot of people were going for.

So please, definitely keep discussing the topic with this new bit of information in mind!

Thank you!

This member is an Admin. Michael

Posted 2021-09-11 03:36:25 (edited)
Any ideas how clan alliance related activities would look like if a player can join multiple alliances, such as boss fights? It might feel unfair to join (and create) as many alliances as possible to get the most activities, bonuses and rewards.

Dżanek

Posted 2021-09-11 03:53:55
@Dżanek: I don't believe players would be able to join multiple alliance-type clans, for those very reasons. It would need to be restricted to a single membership. Which is also the reason why the types of social groups in this discussion (where players can join multiple different ones) wouldn't be able to have those types of events and activities.

This member is an Admin. Michael