Skip to main content
Main Content

Discussion: Clans

Posted 2021-09-10 15:46:32 (edited)
I like the sound of a lot of these ideas (battles, scavenger hunts, pair bonds, etc), but I do worry about the clan (or alliance) concept in practice. I know in previous games I have played the smaller groups ('clans' so to speak) could sometimes get very... cliquish and that could lead to speaking poorly of other groups or players that weren't a part of that group. Such things make it very hard for me to stay a part of groups for long. I tend to be more of a solo player anyway. I would like to participate in some of the features being discussed if they are implemented, but having to find a group is really daunting.
If there are preventative measures taken to prevent potential toxicity, that would be nice.

Maybe, instead of the battles and some of the other big group things being limited to solely clans, there could be an option for people that are not in a group already to either join a group with others that also aren't in a clan to participate in such events? (and who knows, maybe find other people to make a clan with).
Or there could be trial periods for clans where people could try them out for a time before potentially having to pay a fee? This would have to be limited, so someone couldn't run through trial periods with clan after clan and never have to settle on one, so maybe a cooldown between trial periods?

Sepulchre

Posted 2021-09-10 15:51:28
I agree with @Sepulchre

🦊Trolljan

Posted 2021-09-10 16:32:39
Something like a clan reservoir maybe? Each player can take 1 free gift each day, and donate any items they don't need/want?
This all looks super cool though! Allowing for extra customization, like for clan events, definitely would be good!

Starling 🏳️‍🌈

Posted 2021-09-10 16:35:58
That is what they mean by a hoard, which is an implement in Lioden and planned implement for here
🦌Antlers🦌

Posted 2021-09-10 16:45:36
I love this! I also support the Clan Boss Fight mechanic and the Alliance name change (Posted by Naike #21019 and Laafelora #652 respectively)

Izzy Ca'tuil

Posted 2021-09-10 16:59:27
I'm actually one of the folk who isn't really excited about clans and... all this entails. I like participating in threads for the social aspect but the second this becomes some kind of obligation (pay a fee, contributing to hoards, mandated activity in clan threads, mandatory participation in boss battles/raids), it becomes a chore. Personally, I feel like this would end up turning some threads that have thus far had a relaxed and friendly environment into one of obligation, rules, and a whole lot of work that I don't feel like investing. I think this addition would just end up isolating some of the playerbase like me because suddenly those relaxed spaces we enjoyed are full-blown projects that not everyone has the time or patience for. From what I read in this thread, it doesn't look like I'm the only one.

My experience with clans on Lioden was that they were largely frustrating to deal with,  had a whole lot of expectations that I don't care to meet,  and inevitably every single one of them went inactive because "join our discord!" (You can't see it but my eyes are rolling to the very back of my head.)

If clans do come to exist here, then I hope they would be opening doors for players instead of just saddling them with invented obligation. Maybe allow pairbonding between wolves from the same clan (with permission of both players, of course.) Maybe give them a way to host give-aways or have some flavour text appear on your den page like your lead wolf was visited by another one. I don't know, I think people will give better examples but honestly, clans as they were on Lioden are not a thing I'll join here. I desperately hope there won't be a quest demanding you join a clan because suddenly you can't complete 100% of them if you dislike one feature.

Flower

Posted 2021-09-10 17:34:07
I love this idea!! I think it would be really cool!!

𓍊𓆏𓋼TOadStoOl𓋼𓆏𓍊

Posted 2021-09-10 17:38:26
Would we be able to join multiple alliances? There are a lot of mini communities on Wolvden (raise & chase, Lore Clan, cotton candy wolves, various soup kitchen-type groups) and it wouldn't make sense to restrict someone to just joining one. On the other hand, if they all cost a fee it could get expensive.

Lionel

Posted 2021-09-10 17:41:37
With what @Lionel just listed (I'm including pastel wolves) would be so amazing to join, though I hope those clans won't end up having a pricey fee for members....

🦊Trolljan

Posted 2021-09-10 17:43:31 (edited)
Can I ask what would the point of the fee be? Does it actually go to something? I honestly don't have an idea

Dre