Skip to main content
Main Content

Discussion: Clans

Posted 2021-09-11 04:08:41 (edited)
My favorite thing with clans is a shared territory or goal, give us levels or smthbg for the clan that we can level up via donating food etc. maybe along with snake quests we could have clan quests that progress your clans level

It would also be nice to have a sort of prey pile mechanic where wolves in the clan can take and or donate x amount of food per day

I'll admit tho I don't really like the idea of a warrior role or boss fights, I'd rather just an extra scouting role. Like others have said I don't want to feel like I need to join a (big) lodge just to defeat an opponent, and would you be battling alone or with others, if with others
I'm not sure how that would work ?? Also the main appeal of alliances for me is the social team work aspect I don't really care about boss battles or the idea of mandatory lodge battling.
An exception could be that rarely maybe the lodge gets threatened by a stronger animal and everyone gets to rng attack it once, no battle screen just an 'attack' button because who wants o burn healing salves on a group boss. Only thing is if you don't defeat it within a certain time
I imagine there's be penalties abd idk what those could be, abd you still run into the issue of smaller groups being at a disadvantage 

Or if anything a courier role for a wolf to ferry messages between packs in a clan, maybe it's like herbalist foraging where you don't have to pick a territory you just send them out, give them an uncommon chance to bring back an item from their travel but otherwise clan exp and wolf exp is a good reward too

Also agreed alliances as a name sounds  better than "clans" , just seems more fitting, and lodges is really good too + it gives the impression of more of a get together area as well

As far as clan territories go I kinda feel like it'd be odd to have a clan specifically set in x biome, you get ten clans in the desert and I imagine it's a bit over populated. Maybe instead an undesignated clan meeting place but otherwise allied packs rely on the above couriers to communicate aside from meeting times ?

Edit: after seeing the lodge comment I think that having that your lodge is in x place would be good, and the courier could still be an added role for wolves who don't live in the lodge territory

🔮 Divineclaws 🔮

Posted 2021-09-11 06:27:01
I do like the term 'lodge' for a purely social clan/alliance/whathever the term. I envision purely social lodges as a space, similar to a board in Chatter, which is HTML/CSS editable. Moderators and owners of the lodge can set up topics and chats, and members can post in these. That way the lodges would function similarly to the current social groups of Wolvden which are Discord-based right now. (I suppose this is exactly what was presented in the thread description, but I didn't see it the same way before the clarification from Michael.)
Scar(R)ed [they/them]

Posted 2021-09-11 11:24:02 (edited)
Perhaps different clan categories?

I feel like it'd be super limiting if you're only allowed to join a single clan due to the battle aspects of the game, so why not make it so "Clan Owners" can set what their clan is (Giveaway, Chill&Vibe, Battle, etc) Now depending on what the clan is they'll have certain features removed from them (Giveaways not being allowed to set up raids, Chill&Vibe not allowed to do giveaways or raids, while Battle isn't allowed to do giveaways) This is purely me spit-balling here so If someone can think of this in a better way go for it

Anyway I do feel like Clans as a whole should be granted bonuses, what's the point of joining a clan and wasting currency/resources if it's the same as playing before only except you have to pay a monthly fee now, now this could range from a variety of things

-Leads gaining energy every 6 minutes as opposed to 7
-Doing extra damage in battle
-Having extra health in battle
-Having an extra slot (Scouts, Herbalist)
-Ability to do "massive" hunts where each member can temporarily throw 1-3 wolves in, and in return, after a full 24 hours everyone gets a reward from the hunt and members get bonuses on how many wolves they throw in/how good the wolf is
-Secondary clan currency shop
-Ability to advertise custom decor (It should probably be a secondary tab above the clans called "merchandise" where both members and outsiders can purchase if they want to support the clan)
-Weekly raid boss battles that could drop neat goodies, perhaps they could be in goodie bags and those in clans can sell them to those who aren't interested in being a part of a clan
-Boosts in running into a specific enemy/encounter (Bears, Wolves, Reptiles, Befriending Wolves, perhaps even Tala)

Now these boosts should definitely be worked towards as a clan, you won't get any of these automatically as the clan should be able to work towards these passive perks/abilities either by donating SC/Items, and there should be a choice of perks that the clans have to pick and choose as they shouldn't be able to get every single passive perk

Edit: Dre's idea is actually pretty good, call giveaway/whatever clans "Lodges", while clans that are battle orientated can be called "Alliances" I'd be down with that

🐸AngyFrog🐸

Posted 2021-09-11 11:49:26
Or you can have a purely social clan( a lodge) where players can join as many as they want, and a battle one ( an alliance) where players can join only one.

The creator of the clan can set it to be a Lodge or an Alliance. Lodges could have no fee and Whereas an Alliance could have a small one.

Also the bonus that AngryFrog mention could be for an Alliance, since you are playing for it.

Dre

Posted 2021-09-11 19:47:30
I would prefer if Alliances could preform both battle and social aspects, since some people may not want to juggle multiple groups, but would like to participate in both. 

If there is a battle mechanic introduced eventually, maybe cap the number of Alliance members who could participate each day? That could keep the larger groups from overwhelming the smaller ones.

Finsfall

Posted 2021-09-12 05:17:07
Still confused on how a battle mechanic would work with the lack of multiplayer battles, I don't really see the point in joining a battle clan just so I can encounter bosses I have to fight alone

I suppose the boss encounters could be on the clan page and everyone in the clan can attack once per hour or something, and defeating the boss gives everyone in the clan a prize… maybe varying based on how many attacks you personally got in. But it would possibly  put smaller clans or ppl who can't check on constantly through the day at a disadvantage

I do love the idea of a perk/talent tree for clans that is unlocked via donating etc. perhaps if we go with the lodge concept it could be phrased as if clan wolves are building things for the lodge. Like we donate x amount of corpses and large branches to build a food bonus hut or smthbg

🔮 Divineclaws 🔮

Posted 2021-09-12 05:17:16
I'd like to offer my idea of being able to upload a custom badge/icon for your clan.  Basically, a small user-made image that members of the clan could choose to display on their profile, and could appear on their forum posts too (maybe under the user id number?).  I'm thinking small, like emote sized or slightly larger than that.

Additional thoughts on this:
- A clan leader would need to submit it for approval by WD staff
- Since it looks like we'll be able to join multiple clans, the player can choose which badge to display, or display multiple badges?

Fran

Posted 2021-09-12 09:05:15
I love the badge idea! It could be displayed next to the message and user posts icons and link to the lodge's home page. I would of course propose a single badge per player in this setup, as more of them would likely not look good.
Scar(R)ed [they/them]

Posted 2021-09-13 04:22:46
I can see clans becoming a very popular thing and I personally would love to make one with all the listed ways to customise them. It helps make every clan unique and helps refine what exactly the clan may stand for or be about.

The personal touches that can be added to clans with those listed features would be amazing. Gives to me xD

Zachawakka

Posted 2021-09-14 08:58:48
Disclaimer: I haven't played Lioden (or at least I didn't play for long enough that I remember playing) so if this is already assumed, my apologies.

My primary concern would be regarding the private forums, if there isn't a guest/visitor sort of forum (ie a public forum sorta thing, where anybody can see/potentially respond to posts without being a member - maybe a tag when creating a post to decide whether a topic'll be visible to the public or to clan members only?). For Raise & Chase, I've seen people who don't raise and chase check/post in the thread when they find a wolf to see if they can find the chaser or to thank the chaser. I would miss that.
I'm not active in any other groups right now, but I'm by no means a social person. I would be very hesitant to join another without being able to glance through a thread or two to get an idea of the vibe and rules of the group.

I do however love the idea of being able to have custom roles and sending out clan messages/news. Clan discounts would be super helpful too (as long as [stud wise] they can go below the set limits), I'm always worried I'll accidentally miss a player when I'm doing stud discounts. Overall very curious o see how this will work out~

ChildOfTheDoes