Skip to main content
Main Content

Community Update #32

Posted 2022-02-25 23:41:54
Wohoo new.
FeralDire

Posted 2022-02-26 00:48:22
A lead wolf has the helm for nearly a full generation. It's a long time in dog years. It's reasonable that, even if the pack scouted the rainforest a literal generation ago, they might want to check it out again, see the lay of the land and whether anything has changed.  Lionel  #34199

It's never made sense to me that the entire pack suddenly has retrograde amnesia because a new Lead is chosen.
I would love for my Scouts to keep their knowledge, but, a new Lead is usually a young wolf & wouldn't know all of the areas. They could learn the areas as they explore & gain exp as usual, while the Scouts keep the pack's knowledge from being lost.

Celtic Ravens

Posted 2022-02-26 02:42:27
I think the poll is related to this thread.

Dżanek

Posted 2022-02-26 05:18:13
Disappointed with the lack of new raffle marks, raffle eyes, and honestly just lack of updates in general. I think we as a player base have been so patient for new updates. And I think saying "If you're unhappy with the raffle studs you don't have to enter" is unfair. I love this game. But as someone who has been playing consistently every day since EA..I am just wishing for more to keep me invested in the game.

Kay 🦄

Posted 2022-02-26 07:09:52
I must agree with what was said about the lack of updates.... Even though I'm a patient person and an avid player, I would love to see new content more often to have more to do within the game. I still love this game and will continue to play it but I don't want it to stagnate

Eri

Posted 2022-02-26 07:41:19
would you stop it with the news?!?!
Bug489

Posted 2022-02-26 08:32:42
Yeah news!!!
Viper Rat

Posted 2022-02-26 08:48:26
I don't mind re-discovering biomes for every new lead wolf, though I'd admit it's a tedious monotone task. Lore-wise, it makes no sense the scouts suddenly forget how to navigate a zone just because the pack has a new leader.

Maybe a compromise could be the answer? A new system where, for example, all biomes remain discovered. But, the more you re-scout them, you unlock better reward drops, higher level enemies, and so forth. And that's what gets reset with every new lead wolf. That way, the leader has the chance to get experience in all biomes regardless of their level, and the difficulty/rewards depends on the scouts work.

Nei 🦀✨

Posted 2022-02-26 09:02:48 (edited)
We have no plans to release T3 or T* raffle studs at this time—bases are being kept exclusively to T1 and T2.  If you're not a fan of a raffle stud, you aren't obligated to enter—the option is there for any player that is interested in raffle eyes or a raffle marking, whether it be a brand new marking or a marking that already exists, just in a new marking slot.

This comment was bothering me all last night and I've been struggling with words to express it.

The thing is, new traits are the main thing that raffle studs have going for them! They have low stats. They don't have rare bases, as you pointed out. They're gorgeous (props to the designers), but you can find any number of player-owned studs who are equally gorgeous with 5x the stats and probably rare bases as well. So why would anyone want to use a heat on a raffle stud? New marks and eyes! It's exciting to be one of the very first players to breed a mark and bring it to market and/or use it in one's own breeding programs. I think the raffle stud system is a really neat way to introduce new traits among the playerbase.

But without new marks, the excitement is gone. Black wings heavy has become a reasonably common mark by now. And yeah, I could just choose not to enter the weekly raffle, but it's a bit sad that a big source of excitement among the playerbase ("did I win raffle stud?" "omg I won raffle stud!!!") has become non-exciting due to lack of content.

Lionel

Posted 2022-02-26 09:46:22

The New Raffle Doesn't Have That Much Good Stuff Anymore :/. But Yay News! I Guess

𝚂𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚢𝚁𝚘𝚋𝚘𝚝