Skip to main content
Main Content

Tweak Trophy Hunting Quest - new suggestions

Posted 2021-08-29 19:37:17
@Dżanek #24018

People who spend all their time battling are pretty uncommon, it takes a bunch of healing salves and sometimes lucky feet which isn't accessable for a number of players. There's a heavy reliance on RNG for the trophies to drop too- I've had the 2x trophy quest twice now, and while it only took 4 active hours the first time, it took 16 hours and a lot more battling today.

I've got trophies from enemies ranging between lv 5-25, but the drop rate is much lower for the lower levels. I think its pretty balanced! You just have to take a look at the canine claw/fang market before & after the update. Theyre still worth some SC and GC, but far more affordable due to them being in higher supply now.

This still doesn't change the fact that these quests are far more difficult to the other ones on their level. Sure, 2 days ago and today I got the 2x trophy quest. But do you know what I got yesterday? Submit 4 fish. Whats harder? A super lucky 4 hour grind for trophies? Or checking back every 10 minutes for half an hour to click a screen once? XD

I feel like I need to keep saying this every time I mention it, but i actually like the trophy quest and think it should be kept in the game. It just needs the difficulty tweaked as theres such a high reliance on lead level, battle luck, and drop rng that the player never knows if they're going to be able to finish it without the hours of grinding no other hard/medium quest requires.

Embers

Posted 2021-08-30 07:28:01 (edited)
I honestly think wolvden's system is too heavily rng based right now. However, in all fairness, I will say it does feels like with most quests whether you finish them or not does depend on if you are willing to put in the work or not, like crafting medicines or scouting 3 times, those and more are in the players hands and that allows US to decide if we finish the quests or not. But the trophy quests, well, it all depends on if the dice roll in your favor or not, and majority of the time it doesn't. It's honestly kind of ridiculous that the result of these quests finishing or not is completely up to wolvdens random ass rng system, and not to the player themselves. We all know this game tends to make things harder through rng, but not in a good way, it feels like artificial struggles rather than a challenge that you can and need to overcome. It just feels so unnecessary most of the time.

I will say this has gotten better, mostly for hunting. So long as you put in the time and effort to send them out whenever you can your hunting parties will get better and better, I think that's a fair and fun mechanic, it forces you to think carefully about your hunting party, but without feeling like it's completely out of your hands. The battling system and drop rates does not have this at all. Even higher level wolves get their teeth kicked in daily by enemies way lower levels then themselves. It feels unfair that whether we get to finish a quest or not is completely up to rng that, most of the time, isn't in ANYONES favor. My lead is already lvl 17 at 3 almost 4 years of age, I'd say that's pretty good. Yet I've gotten the med trophy quest twice in the past week and only found a trophy drop once, and I have done plenty of battles since then, it's honestly ridiculous.

I'd say make this change AND bump up the drop rates. Im not saying to make it every single won battle gets you a trophy, but I think the rates could be boosted a bit for everyone, and not JUST those lucky enough with enough free time to get to lvl 20.

Gringe

Posted 2021-08-30 07:54:17 (edited)
I fully support.

I have received two collect 2x trophy quests so far. The first I completed easily, while my current one I've been stuck on for 2 days -- I have battled endlessly all day yesterday and all morning today, and have had no luck getting any to drop. Some days, I have luck similar to Dzanek's experience posted above. However, since it relies on sheer RNG and cannot be completed in any way except forcing trophy drops (which doesn't count salves, sc, meat chunk drops... all of which I've found at least 2 of), I concur that the medium one should be removed and the hard version reduced to one -- or changed to something along the lines of receiving a reward for a battle, which would include SC, chunks, salves, etc.
☆ amethyst ☆

Posted 2021-08-30 08:23:56
I've fought like 15+ different animals and no trophy, my lead is not max level and has trouble with battles.
*♫Lunafenrir♫*

Posted 2021-08-30 09:31:15
No support. I have received the 2 battle trophy quest 3 days in a row now so I am certainly feeling the pain on that one. I'm not sure I'm going to make it today, but that's ok. You dont have to complete every quest every day. For those that do spend the time as some do it's probably easier to get these. They shouldn't have to adjust because some cant do it every day. It's supposed to be hard and it is. Even if you dont do the hard quest the SC for the easy and medium is more than we were getting before. I'm quite happy with that. I do wish there wasn't quite as much RNG to the battle though. It is way better than it used to be, but could still be improved.
Snowcat13 🌞

Posted 2021-08-30 11:48:29
@Snowcat13 🌞

Normally I'd agree with you, (though I'd still agree with this suggestion,) but I don't think 'hard quests shouldn't always be completed every day' applies here.

The problem isn't hard quests being hard. If something requires nonstop grinding and may still take days on end to achieve due to being purely RNG-based, that isn't difficulty, it's just...  frustrating. Needlessly finicky RNG doesn't equal appropriate difficulty.

Whirligig

Posted 2021-08-31 05:35:08
I feel like if you fight in easier biomes it gets drastically easier. Maybe you would have an easier time completing the quest if you do this?

Fal - semi hiatus

Posted 2021-08-31 07:35:36
Support!

I don't mind hard quests, nor do I mind skipping quests I can't complete, but this feels way way too RNG-based.
I don't exactly mind having the trophy quest in the hard category, but having one in the medium category feels way too unbalanced. Especially when your medium quest is a trophy quest and the hard one is "hand in two herbs" or "complete 6 hunts" - it really feels like it should be the other way around.

I personally feel like the quest should be mantained, but maybe, as Embers suggested, just in the hard category. It would be fulfilling enough to the players who want and can clock in the hours in the game (or players who just get lucky with RNG), and also offer the SC I think it's worth. As for the medium quest, I think it could be changed to something along the lines of "find 1/2 enemy drops". It would still be RNG-based and still require an effort, but it would be easier to complete.
mag

Posted 2021-08-31 07:44:06
Fully support!

With the way the system is set up currently, it makes a lot more sense for there to not be a medium level trophy quest and the hard level quest to only require one, or what @mag suggested!!

Bad Wolf

Posted 2021-08-31 19:46:01
Support.

I've been stuck on a medium difficulty trophy quest and nothing has dropped anything for me so far. My lead is lvl 16, so not maximum, but I feel if I'm going against enemies close to my level my odds should be higher, yet I still have yet to see one. All I'm getting is meat chunks and/or salves.

I don't have a huge amount of time to play the game, so I cannot afford to grind anymore. I can only see it worth it if all drops from fight counted or if RNG was changed so drops are more likely (AT LEAST when you have the active quest).

otterbells

Search Topic