Skip to main content
Main Content

Increase number of finishers and stalkers in hunting party

Posted 2021-05-23 14:43:18 (edited)

Those are some good questions. 

For one, maybe this could be an option for those with larger packs so no one is forced into it if they dont want it. They gave us the option for  more pair bonds with larger packs so maybe this could be tied to how many wolves you have and you could chose whether or not you want the larger hunting party so it wouldn't impact newer players. Standard party size or enhanced.

I was assuming the stalkers and finishers would be similar to how the 3 chasers are now, but have to be honest I'm not sure if they are using an average, or looking at only the highest. Average sounds good to me, but either way works. 

This is just one idea to further enable training on those two roles without impacting the time spent out hunting or how much food they are bringing back. Other ideas I've seen out there are multiple parties out at same time, which is also a good idea. 

Snowcat13 🌞

Posted 2021-05-23 15:04:51 (edited)

I really like that idea!

Nothing more to add. Having this option unlock as your den gets bigger is very nice. It would actually push people like me, who don’t plan to big packs, to actually buy territory slots.

TheGuardian

Posted 2021-05-25 05:17:59

To level up more hunters at the same time, I like the idea of parallel hunting parties (the possibility to send out several at the same time)  better than this one. It seems simpler.

Fal - semi hiatus

Posted 2021-06-05 12:18:01 (edited)

I like the idea as Ivm currently working on rising strength for my wolves. 

Also, @Snowcat13 (I will delete this when you see it) you had full inbox so I decided to write you on forum instead:

Hey! I saw this trade and I'm wondering if you would accept mixed currency? What is your SC:GC rate? Also, I saw you stated nothing else but still I'm wondering if there's anything else you are interested in as I have just a bit less then 120gc worth of currency. Thanks and have a nice day! 

Zala

Posted 2021-06-12 14:56:26

I added to my original post that the purpose of this suggestion is to be able to train more finishers and stalkers without affecting existing amount of prey brought in, or hunts per day. Some of the other suggestions are focused more on getting more food. This one doesn't affect food at all. I wanted another option for the devs in case they want to keep the current difficulty to get food the same as it is now. I dont care about bringing in more food -I just want to train a couple more stalkers and finishers in the time I already spend sending out hunting teams. 

Snowcat13 🌞

Posted 2021-07-01 20:19:40

i think it would be great to give people the option to have 7 wolves to a hunt rather than 5— maybe it could be a Tala quest that once you reach 20 wolves, she has a quest where she's like "i see your pack is growing fast! with more wolves comes more stomachs to fill— it might be time to increase the number of wolves in your hunting party!" something along those lines

i also think it would make a LOT of sense for us to be able to send out multiple hunting parties at once as our territory increases (ex. every 15 territory slots, you unlock the option to PAY for another active hunting party slot). This would make sense logically as if there really was a massive wolf pack of 30, they wouldn't sustain themselves on 5 wolves hunting at a time– most likely, they would send as many wolves as they can out to hunt. I think each active party slot would also need to increase in cost each time (like territory slots do) and you would need to pay extra again if you want to have an extra hunting party of 7, bc it does help people build stats so it's only fair they would need to pay for it (if you have that many wolves, you can probably rack up the funds), but it doesn't make sense to me that no matter the pack size everyone gets the same amount of hunting wolves, whether you have 6 mouths to feed or 260

Sneep

Posted 2021-07-03 11:30:47
@Sneep -I like your ideas on tying it to pack size. Thanks for your input. 
Snowcat13 🌞

Posted 2021-07-18 22:29:48

I like this idea. If expanding the hunting team is to much trouble to balance, Maybe you could have an apprenticing system to bring along 'student' wolves for each role to gain exp but not contribute to the overall success?

Mapleleaf

Posted 2021-07-26 13:50:55
the adol training update tied nicely with this actually

Fal - semi hiatus

Posted 2021-08-27 05:19:53
Big Support! Would love to see more stalkers and finishers being an option to add to hunts.
Zohowler

Search Topic