Skip to main content
Main Content

Increase number of finishers and stalkers in hunting party

Posted 2021-09-02 09:54:59 (edited)
I have to admit this is probably the only aspect of this game that frustrates me. Every time I have a good stat wolf age up I have no where to put them to actually be able to hunt. I'm still maxxing out the finishers and stalkers in my hunting parties, and the 2 scout slots are full and still trying to level up. So all the training and apprentice hunting I did for these and now what do I do with them? We really need larger hunting parties for larger packs. I'm sure in the actual wild a pack of 80 wouldn't be just sending out 5 to hunt. Probably half the pack would head out. And the stalkers and finisher would at least be in pairs when they go out. Ok a pack of 80 likely won't exist but you get the point LOL.

I have an entire cave of hunters waiting to hunt or retired to make room for another that could have got so much higher if I could have left them. (adding that the mentor feature was a really great addition to have more things for these to do, but they aren't gaining as much experience and stats as they do hunting or scouting) And I know I made this suggestion to not include getting more food, but in reality having a 10 wolf hunting party that could bring back 2 carcasses instead of 1 would be even better for those of us with larger packs. I dont know how anyone with more than the 80 I have can even make it.
Snowcat13 🌞

Posted 2021-09-02 10:58:05
I definitely agree! As is it takes quite a long time for hunters to level up on their own so it doesn't help when you have several hunting parties who continue to remain slow. It's incredibly disappointing. So when you have wolves who age up and needing to add another hunting party to the already annoying list it doesn't feel very rewarding? I have several wolves who I've just left rankless because I don't want to have so many hunting parties that their leveling up is just almost non-existent. I can hardly imagine the even greater frustration from people who have much larger packs than my own. It would probably help relieve a bit of that frustration with increasing the size of hunting parties for sure.

Sunnytzu

Posted 2021-09-05 12:28:22
I support. It's difficult to train a new generation of hunters when I rely on my old generation of hunters to have food. Since new hunters will make it unlikely for me to have a lot of successful hunts. I'm having a lot of successful hunts with two of my hunting parties I always use... but once they get too old.. the new generation would be too inexperienced for me, making it hard to get food. And I have a large pack. I need the food.

🦊Trolljan

Posted 2021-09-25 00:46:13
Support! It would be really nice to have more hunters in a party to keep them occupied and trained.

Potema

Posted 2021-12-15 18:59:40
I'd like this, as long as it doesn't penalize people that choose to stick to 5-wolf teams. Like the OP, my main frustration is trying to train more wolves, but having no roles to put them in. I have/had a few legacy families that I would like to keep the lines going, but I don't need more than 2 finishers or stalkers. That means I have some wolves that would be promising, but I can't train them without making them Scouts, and you can also only have 2 of those, so... those families stats will decline through the generations and that makes it a bit pointless to me.
Drakel

Posted 2022-01-07 22:49:36 (edited)
I support, certainly. I love having more wolves, but it's hard to get attached to them when they just sit around and do nothing. Anytime I breed or encounter a wolf I really like the look of, I have to resign myself to either passing on keeping them or keeping them and knowing they'll never do anything in their whole life. Some get jobs, and some get to gain a couple levels by scouting, but often they just sit around. I have a den especially for adult wolves with no jobs, and that den comprises 14/40 of my adults. And consider that some of my wolves with jobs are pupsitters and mentors- wolves who often do basically nothing. I will give pupsitters RNC pups to watch just so they keep gaining their paltry amount of pupsitting exp and keep their proficiency up.

Also, to make it clear that I'm with OP on this- I am agreeing to this with the understanding that it will NOT affect any prey gained in hunting and is purely a way to create more jobs.

Katie

Search Topic