Skip to main content
Main Content

Community Update #137

Posted 2024-04-13 04:09:23
I'm liking this transparency. Thank you for promoting quality over fast thrown stuff.

† ʀɪᴘ †

Posted 2024-04-13 05:04:01
Hype to see the event, Id mucb rather have it fully done than rushed. Keep up the good work!

🧊 BigenderOrthrus🧊

Posted 2024-04-13 05:15:28
Ended my hiatus just to make this post, which I was considering making the last Community Update. Coming from somebody who's cynical with this kind of stuff, I don't see what the backlash is for. We knew the event was intended to happen at the start of April, but that's with the assumption that everything goes perfectly. They updated the Coming Soon note on the 1st to indicate they were still working on it, and the fact that they did that instead of putting the event out should have told everyone that there were kinks being smoothed out. These things were added for transparency. That we even knew an event was planned at all was told to us for transparency.

If they've been spending the last couple weeks working on it in an attempt to get it out on time, then realized when they were halfway through the month that the pace just wouldn't work, then how could they possibly have communicated that any better? You can't have better communication for something that they themselves didn't even know they were going to do yet. It sounds like when April started, they were under the assumption that it was going to be out soon just like we did. (Hence the Coming Soon update on the 1st.) If it was well into May and they didn't update anything about it, then sure, but we haven't even finished the second week of April yet. Working on it until now is entirely feasible - Cataclysms came out on the 22nd of its month.

I would rather have a late event that functions properly than a broken or boring mess, or a team that's crunched to hell. As another commenter said, I'm more excited for year-round updates anyhow. You can always check when you're not logged in to see if events or updates are live via the news, you don't have to RO. I do it all the time for the Lunar events.

Some things I can see, but not this time. I think people are off base with this one.

Whirligig

Posted 2024-04-13 05:17:55 (edited)
I totally agree that it shouldn't be rushed! No one wants THAT.
God I'm worried i came across as making out i somehow disapproved of it being carefully planned. Not at all!
My only complaint was that we weren't told anything in the past fortnight, but since Abby commented i can see how it would have been really hard to tell us what was going on with it as they didn't really know themselves. Problems come up and work takes longer, it is what it is and I'm pleased we know now.

I look forward to participating in it in future and will continue to offer my support to the game itself both financially with purchases & by trying to remain as good a member of the community as i can be on Wolvden.

The game does mean a lot to me so thank you to the staff for the joy you've provided thus far.

🇬🇧 LollyBugz 🏵

Posted 2024-04-13 05:46:10
Awww, delayed April event?
StarsGone

Posted 2024-04-13 06:12:04
Having the event be delayed is disappointing, but the reasons for it are certainly understandable. It did cost me personally, because I chose to retire my lead early so that I could hopefully get all the biomes re-discovered before the event started. That's nobody's fault but mine though. I made a gamble and I lost.

Carrie

Posted 2024-04-13 06:19:07
Apologies @Abbey on the delay in response if you actually hoping to hear from me directly since I'm 100% likely to blame on that (Sleep and work prep yayyy)

I myself, and like many others, do appreciate the time you're putting in to make sure the new event comes in as stable as possible and with exciting new twists that previous month-longs would beg to have to make themselves just as cool (not that any current ones are lackluster in retrospect, just an added "umph" of coolness ). Some of us just had that mentality from previous, first-time month-long releases that we'd have at least some sort of progress shot (i.e. "hey, we feel the event's only midway complete", "we're on track for the scheduled release!", etc.) regarding the status within that first week or so. I do apologize if it came off as rude or disrespectful in that manner, as that wasn't my true intention.

Eagerness for this very thing got the better of me. Spent every day here since 2020 and have poured more than likely a lot of money into further enjoying the site and its features. Can almost say I'm the eager, hyper Golden Retriever waiting at your feet lol. Regardless, I cannot wait to see what you and the rest of the dev team have in store for the April event, even if it doesn't release when it should've. Take your time, your players are behind you in every step of the way ^^

🌈[Kim] Frying Pan🏳️‍🌈

Posted 2024-04-13 06:35:42
Really glad to see the team putting in all their time and passion into the April event. I am so excited for it to come out. I really don't think we mind waiting until next year as long as the team feels comfortable with it being the best!
QinxTheDragon

Posted 2024-04-13 07:02:22
Oh no.... i was so so excited to see a new event....well, at least we'll have the lunar tears event to make up for it. Too bad.

Eri

Posted 2024-04-13 09:49:30
newssss, i was excited for a new event but i understand delays happen

Sunny