Skip to main content
Main Content

of wolves and writers

Posted 2024-01-18 14:19:55
And finally, yes, I think headers will be necessary.

I prefer the way I had been doing my headers, like this:

pathfinder - she-wolf - trailblazer - level nine
mentions: @Midnight [Lavenderpaw]

If this is not acceptable, do tell me. I have discovered that putting the code needed for this header in typical quoteblock fashion does not break the code, and actually looks quite nice! You may have noticed that Shadow Runners does not follow the typical warrior ranks breakdown, however, I will have ranks that serve similar enough functions to be comparable. Hallowed Grotto has a Queen as their leader, but all wolves under her are merely subordinates - thus Pathfinder does not instantly know what different titles mean! I can absolutely go into more depth about my pack for the roleplay [see here], but if you need to/want to know more, drop me a PM and I'll gladly Loresplain to you

pathfinder - she-wolf - trailblazer - level nine
mentions: @Midnight [Lavenderpaw]

I was bored and did some kind of rouge map, sorry, lol.

It looks awesome, Midnight! And I agree - it'll look prettier when it's more finalized.

thesacredorchard

Posted 2024-01-18 14:30:43
I think this kind of header looks awesome! I'm probably just to stupid to do this lol.

Thank you!^^
I'll wait on the thoughts of the others before detailing it too much for now; I also can't know where they want to have their camps without them telling me, anyways, lol.
I'm not a really good artist (I'm currently teaching myself how to draw wolves, cats and rats), but I'll try to make this map look good!
While making the concept, I realized that I almost put the Glacier right over the Rainforest and thought then like:
Me:
Me: ....
Also me: OKAY this can't stay like this
*Thinking for two seconds*
Me: Okay, I'm just gonna throw the Taiga in the middle of these two, seems legit.

I'll also add rivers, lakes, etc. to the map as soon as I get to the details!

Midnight

Posted 2024-01-18 14:30:50
Can someone please tell me how to do a quoteblock? I'm starting to feel left out.

spotpc

Posted 2024-01-18 14:32:46
remove the *s!

<*blockquote*>text*blockquote*>

there should also be a button that looks like a fancy " which will automatically put it in your reply box for you!

thesacredorchard

Posted 2024-01-18 14:34:52 (edited)
1. Copy a text
2. Tip on that symbol
3. Paste the text

Hope this helps! :D

Edit: I saw Apple's message after I send mine, it wasn't there when I started writing it, sorry

Midnight

Posted 2024-01-18 14:45:43
Thanks guys! I'm leaving work in a minute so I'll test it when I get home.

spotpc

Posted 2024-01-18 15:36:51
<*blockquote*>text*blockquote*>

This is cool!

spotpc

Posted 2024-01-19 18:49:30
Oooo, that lore sounds super exciting, Apple. I've never made a raffle on here either so it'll be an experience to continue the lore in the raffle. I'm excited to see where it'll go. Maybe I should create a forum for their interactions too?

Midnight, that map looks spectacular! I can't wait to see the finished product. Maybe we can also include landmarks such as The Cave of Visions and the Gathering Place on the map as well.

I like Spotpc's idea about stats being the determining factor when the levels of two wolves are the same. However, maybe if the same wolf wins three times in a row, those two wolves are no longer allowed to engage in combat without another wolf fighting with them.

I think I'm going to create the group soon. I'm waiting to hear back from our 5th member first to make sure we have enough people to keep the group up and running. How do you all want to start the roleplay? Are we new packs that just stumbled upon each other and have to learn to live in harmony with one another? Are the borders already established and the packs well acquainted? I feel like that's something to discuss. Also, even when the group is established, we can use this thread to discuss major points, flaws, design changes, etc. since we can get notifications here.

And finally, I'd really like to thank you all for your ideas and creativity. This is going to be so much fun!
River 🏳️‍⚧️

Posted 2024-01-19 19:21:07
I like the idea of the 3-strikes rule. It makes sense in the game and in real life too. If someone beat you up three times, wouldn't you get a friend to fight with you next time?

My pack has been around since public launch in 2020, so they've been established for a long time. They've been occupying the Taiga biome since May 2021. However, they only just recently started sending a second hunting party out to the Tundra, expanding their influence northwards. That might make other packs feel emboldened to encroach from the south, bringing them into closer proximity to my pack's territory. Your pack is a golden oldie too, isn't it Orchard?

spotpc

Posted 2024-01-19 19:38:37
Although I was around for the game's release, (day it launched )I took a long hiatus from the game and only recently started rolling over every day, and I still need to flesh out my main pack's lore lol. Lútha is my second lead wolf, surprisingly enough.

But I would say Hallowed Grotto is something only mentioned when trust is built! Shadow Runners is a refugee group fleeing from that (Lútha is not a kind leader), and so they would probably take up residence in the deciduous forest area? Or coniferous. But they wouldn't know that right away and they would probably seek shelter in another packs camp for a while. Won't that be a fun plot point?

thesacredorchard

Search Topic