Skip to main content
Main Content

of wolves and writers

Posted 2024-01-19 19:44:11
Might stir up a fight if you settle in Shadowed River or Moonstone Lake territory (coniferous) lol

Midnight and I already have some history between our wolves due to the roleplay in WCFC, so I'm open to saying my pack is well-established in the territory with Moonstone Lake as a neighbor, if that's okay with you, Midnight.
River 🏳️‍⚧️

Posted 2024-01-20 04:54:05
I'm kinda depressed now because I wrote a super complex message, or it least it took me years to write it but I forgot to send it because I'm stupid.
Well, it's Saturday, and I've got plenty of time....
Maybe it just took me so long to edit all the pictures and organize everything in the message lol.
AHHHH LUCKY ME I HAD THE FIRST ⅔ OF THE MESSAGE STILL COPIED IN MY CLIPBOARD YEY

Midnight, that map looks spectacular! I can't wait to see the finished product. Maybe we can also include landmarks such as The Cave of Visions and the Gathering Place on the map as well.
-River

Aw, thanks!^^
I already made some changes. I made some more normal looking shapes and made the very tall biomes a bit smaller and the smaller biomes (I mean by that the more averaged-tempered biomes) a bit bigger.
I also was like: Ooops, I don't wanna have the Taiga right over the Rainforest.
So what did I do? I stretched the Riparian Woodlands and Taiga in-between lol. Also, I first had like a 2nd Coniferous Forest biome in a very small stripe between Riparian Woodland and Taiga, but decided to change that because it would be awkward to have a 2nd Coniferous Forest.
As a reminder, this was the very first concept:

Then this was the change:

And this is the same, just without the change visible. I still had a 2nd Coniferous Forest biome there. (I love the abbriviation Rip Woo though )

And that's my latest concept. I left some space where we could explain what each landmark means as soon as they're on the map.

I definetly want to add a scale, but I'm not sure how I should do that. I did research, but a wolf territorry is way to big when it's supposed to be realistic that a pack from the Glacier would go to the gathering the Deciduous Forest regularly
As far as I know, wolves sometimes walk 30km (km= Kilometer; a German unit of length. 1km=0,6213711922 miles) a day, which is about 18,6 miles (if it's supposed to be exactly, here you go: 30km=18,6411357671 miles). So I thought about this as a scale:

In the old WCFC, the gathering place was a clearing surrounded by bricht trees, so maybe it should be in the Deciduous Forest?
The healer meeting place was a cave in the mountains, so maybe it should be on the Mountains on the map, too?

I would love to hear your thoughts on everything :D
(The latest map concept, the possible landmarks, the scale, etc.)

However, maybe if the same wolf wins three times in a row, those two wolves are no longer allowed to engage in combat without another wolf fighting with them.
-River

I totally agree on that! It's a great solution!

Are we new packs that just stumbled upon each other and have to learn to live in harmony with one another? Are the borders already established and the packs well acquainted?
-River

My pack has lived in the Coniferous Forest now for about 11-12 WD years, what I'm very proud of (I started in late Ferbuary 2023 and my Pack is now 14 WD years old), so I would like to already live in the Coniferous Forest :D
Apple, you want to be a new pack in the lands of Wolvden, right?

and so they would probably take up residence in the deciduous forest area? Or coniferous. But they wouldn't know that right away and they would probably seek shelter in another packs camp for a while. Won't that be a fun plot point?
-Apple

Might stir up a fight if you settle in Shadowed River or Moonstone Lake territory (coniferous) lol
-River

This would be a super fun plot point! My first Alpha Night'Dust would've probably given shelter to strangers. My second Alpha Hyena'Fur would've tried to drive them out of the territorry. And my current Alpha, Lavenderpaw? Well, if she likes the strangers, she would be suspicious, but give them shelter. If she doesn't? Well, bad luck. She wouldn't seriously hurt anyone, but wouldn't give them shelter.
But until the Rp starts, Lavenderpaw's probably dead or almost dead, and my future Alpha Nut would probably be suspicious, but nice to them. Though I'm not sure, his character isn't completely formed yet, he's 3 WD months old lol.

Midnight and I already have some history between our wolves due to the roleplay in WCFC, so I'm open to saying my pack is well-established in the territory with Moonstone Lake as a neighbor, if that's okay with you, Midnight.
-River

I'm absolutely okay with this, and I agree! :D

Midnight

Posted 2024-01-20 09:12:30
My pack is generally much better disposed towards wolves with romantic/friendly personalities. Aggressive/stoic types don't last all that long. I think my pack would take them in temporarily as long as they had the right personalities.

spotpc

Posted 2024-01-20 09:29:06
Oooo

Most of my pack have friendly personalities? (I'll have to check) But Tigernach has a stoic personality. So that would be interesting.

thesacredorchard

Posted 2024-01-20 10:10:19
My pack is composed of all types. My leader is stoic (dishonest) which would be intriguing.
River 🏳️‍⚧️

Posted 2024-01-20 10:27:07
My Alpha Lavenderpaw has an aggressive type personality (arrogant), my future Alpha Nut has a precise personality, so romantic type.

Midnight

Posted 2024-01-23 14:02:05
The group will be up and running soon! Any name suggestions? :)
River 🏳️‍⚧️

Posted 2024-01-23 14:11:48
I'm not sure, honestly.

thesacredorchard

Posted 2024-01-23 14:13:17
"Warrior Wolves"? Sorry, that was dumb. Never mind...

spotpc

Posted 2024-01-23 14:38:50
I don't think it's dumb, after all, the series is the inspiration for the roleplay. However, each pack has its own traditions. For example leader names: mine is Swiftstar, yours is Grizzlyslash, Midnight's is Lavenderpaw, and Apple's is Pathfinder (in the roleplay). Some of Midnight's wolf names are in German and some of Apple's are far from the warrior format aside from Pathfinder. Though the roleplay takes a lot from the WC series, we're also fairly unique too. I think the name should reflect that, maybe?
River 🏳️‍⚧️

Search Topic