Skip to main content
Main Content

The Darkness Within (Onsite RP) [CLOSED]

The Darkness Within (Onsite RP) [CLOSED]
Posted 2022-08-31 20:53:58 (edited)

Hello all! Welcome to this roleplay, I hope you find yourselves a spot!

This is the Roleplaying forum, we will begin once all roles have been sufficiently filled.

To sign up and see the roster, please see this forum!

To plot and discuss the story, then head to this forum!

This RP is currently
[ONGOING]

You can begin posting when it says ongoing

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The Shining Moon Pack

One night, there was a wolf who had a dream. A light, strong, casted from the moon fell at the wolf's paws, and she looked at it in confusion. What's this?  She'd think to herself, and then touch it with her paw. It sent a shock of electricity through her, an energy she had never felt before. She heard a voice call her name. Aurora. She looked up to meet the gaze of a wolf who was glowing a strong, radiant light. And she knew, before she even woke up, that she was chosen by the Moon Goddess herself.

When Aurora woke up from her dream she noticed the change immediately. Her fur had changed, blue streaks weaved through them, and her eyes looked as if they had been blessed by the moon. She gathered her pack mates and family, and set up her pack into a system, ensuring the best for all the wolves who come to join her pack. She created a naming system, and to honor who her pack was named after, she changed her own name from Aurora to Aurora Moon.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

That was many years ago, seasons have passed and times have changed, but her message and the belief of the Moon Goddess still stood strong within the pack.

But there have been cracks, a darkness festering right into the center of the pack, threatening to take over. Will the pack be able to stop that darkness, or will their hearts, too, be tainted?

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Pack Rules
1. Pups and Teachers eat first as they are the more vulnerable pack members.
2. If anyone is suspected of having darkness in them, they are to be reported to The Moon Alpha, and will be banished from the pack.
3. Hunting Teams work together, not separate, all team members are important and their input is valued and respected.
4. Pups are allowed only within the camp grounds, and must stay within the Pup Watching Boundry when they are being watched unless stated otherwise by their parents or the Moon Alpha.
5. The Greenskeeper holds a ceremony on the night of the full moon and new moon to grant blessing on the pack and receive warnings or prophecies from the Moon Goddess.
6. When a wolf dies, a full ceremony and burial will take place. They will be carried to the burial site, and a midnight howl will take place. This ceremony lasts from sunset to sunrise.
7. The Moon Alpha will choose who takes their place as they near the end of their life/reign.

RP Rules
1. Only THREE characters per player, since this is a smaller, one pack RP
2. Only one high/limited role (Moon Alpha, Moonblessed, Greenskeeper, Land Runner) per player
3. This is a 16+ roleplay, minor cussing allowed, and any "mating" scenes are fade to black/subtle mentions.
4. Do not kill or harm another character unless with permission from player
5. Do not play as a character without permission from player
6. For the sake of the RP, no more than 3 Moonblessed wolves at a time (not including the Moon Alpha). Being Moonblessed does NOT guarantee becoming the next Moon Alpha, that is up to the current Moon Alpha.
7. All names in the pack follow the naming system, and are two words not combined (ie. Aurora Moon, Fox Pelt, Shining Step, Sunrise Pup, etc). Rogues and Strays have their own names however you want.

Map Blank
Map With Key
Map Key
Cyan - Pack Camp
Red - Pup Watching Boundry
Purple - Greenskeeper Outlet
Blue - The Training Peninsula
Orange - The Great Forest
Green - The Plains
Yellow - Woodlands
Pink - The Valley
Blank - Unclaimed Territory

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Current day lore:

8 months ago, Moon Fall died giving birth two a litter of two pups, one of which died with her. The Greenskeeper confided that this pregnancy would be hard on her, so as the date got closer, she chose a Moonblessed to become the new Moon Alpha for after she dies. She was 4 years 6 months.

7 months ago New Frost, a Land Runner, was caught poisoning the herb and medicine stock. He confessed to having tampered with Moon Fall's pregnancy medicines, resulting in her death and complications. He was killed instead of banished, as being the cause of The Moon Alpha's death was too great of a crime to just let him be banished. He was a Moonblessed.

5 months ago a bout of pox spread through the camp, the main victims were teachers and pups, out of the 9 teachers and 12 pups, 4 teachers and 5 pups died. After a month it died down, remnants and bits sometimes still pop up. But no more than 1 every two weeks or so.

2 months ago a pack of 6 rogues tried infiltrating the camp. One lied about being a stray, and in the midst of night called the 5 others to attack. Pack members were wounded, but the rogues we're quickly casted with injuries worse than what they left the pack with.

3 weeks ago, a new Moonblessed Pup was born.

Mae

Posted 2022-09-27 17:14:50 (edited)

In the Pack Camp...

Sharp Thorn had stretched out, shaking off the early morning, feeling her stomach grumble. She exited the den, letting the scent of fresh prey lead her to the hoard, where the overwhelming scent filled her nose. She picked up a fresh rabbit, it's corpse still warm, and Sharp Thorn made her way to a spot in camp, plopping down, and getting ready to dig in. That was, until Soft Step came over. The young wolf had gotten into the routine of picking up prey for her, Day Lily, and the pups Day Lily watched. She was going to find something that would satisfy multiple wolves, when she noticed her older sister selfishly taking something for herself. She looked to the hoard, then back to her sister, before making up her mind and coming over.

"As far as I know, not all the teachers and pups have eaten yet." She says softly, as a bit nervous to call out a wolf like Sharp Thorn.

The older wolf looks up, annoyance on her face. "I already paid my dues to the pack, see the hunt yesterday, and I'm starving, so I'm eating." She returns her attention to her meal. Soft Step huffs, not satisfied. "Well, the pack rules are to let pups and Teachers eat first, and you're neither."

Sharp Thorn rolls her eyes, her voice rasing going from annoyed to aggravated. "Look, pup, you stick to your own business and I'll stick to mine, huh?" She was speaking a bit louder now, drawing attention from the others around them, standing up to face Soft Step better. "Just because you're my sister doesn't mean you have to talk to me, or pay attention to me, alright?" She huffs, breathing heavily. "I get it, you have no mom so you think you can look to me for even the slightest semblance of a mom, well, you're not going to find it here, so you better back. Off. I mean it."

By the end of her rant, Soft Step is trembling. Eyes on her, whispers about her. Her breathing has picked up, and tears have started to prick in her eyes. Her tail is tucked, ears down, and she backs away. Soft Step quickly grabs a pheasant hen from the hoard, and quickly leaves the scene, trying to return to Day Lily as fast as she can, trying to avoid tripping on her own paws.

Once she's out of sight, Sharp Thorn slunks back down, looking around the camp at the wolves staring at her. "What?" She says, anger still on her tongue, before looking back to her meal, and continuing it in the now again silence.

Mae

Posted 2022-09-27 17:58:23

Little Fern - Greenskeeper - He/him - Location: Greenskeeper Outlet

Goddess, his skull hurt.

Since the pox outbreak, he'd felt somewhat helpless. With his mother passing before she could fully teach him, he felt like he was barely useful to the pack as their Greenskeeper, but he supposed that a half-trained herbalist was better than none at all. Little Fern had come to spend the majority of his time out in the Outlet, where he could sharpen his skills and better study the mastery of his ancestors. But what's more, it kept him away from the others.

Nobody had forgotten what his father, New Frost, had done.

Little Fern's uncanny resemblance to his father placed an unfair bias on his shoulders, and training for some moons under the scheming wolf didn't help. Everyone seemed to expect him to be a dark-aligned snake like his father. Maybe he was- maybe he wasn't. Little Fern didn't know where his heart rested if he was being frank. He just...wanted to study his damn plants.

With a soft groan, the monochrome canine rubbed his temples with the base of his paw pad as he sat before the outstretch of plants. He'd pulled a late nigher, and he'd gotten up at the crack of dawn to get to work. It felt like someone had tired to gouge his eyes out of his skull. With a soft huff for himself, the Greenskeeper reminded himself to be grateful of the temporary peace before he dove back into his studies. Marigold...that's plenty common.

20mia08

Posted 2022-09-27 18:10:25
Night Valley had been keeping to himself in the corner of camp. He rarely enjoyed to listen to Sharp Thorn bicker with her sister, and this was no different. He may feel bad for the apprentice, but not enough to intervene. Even if this row was worse than usual. He noticed that everyone in the camp had their eyes on the two, but why? It wasnt any of their business. Just like it wasnt his.

He wished he could just tune them out, but it was impossible at this point. Sharp Thorn was too loud, and Soft Step was too much of a pushover. He shook his head, frowning slightly. Why couldn't they just go into the woods and howl it out somewhere where it wasnt audible to everyone. Night Valley didnt dare mention that though, so he just grumbled to himself.

Ebony Pup jumped around at the entrance to the pup den, squealing as Soft Step scurried back into the den. Her tiny little tail was wagging so hard, anyone would think it was about to fall off. The pup immediately ran over to the older wolf, biting at her ankles. "I'm hungry!" She squeaked, setting herself into a wide stance that only a pup could pull off. She crouched, wiggling her behind in the air and jumping to try and 'attack' Soft Step, missing by a mile.

She stumbled over as she missed, rolling deeper into the den. "Aw, man." She complained, sneezing slightly from the dirt getting in her nose.

𓆏 Angel 𓆏

Posted 2022-09-27 18:31:37
Soft Step's heart was racing, trying to calm herself down was no use. That was, until, little Ebony Pup has come running up to her. Her tail was wagging, and she had run right up, nipping Soft Step's ankles. "I'm hungry," Her tiny voice squeaked out, crouching, and attempting an attack on the older. She missed, of course.

Day Lily chuckled, watching the act from where she had been laying. She got up, made her way to Ebony Pup, and helped the tiny pup up. "Careful, dear, your father would give me an ear full if I let you get all scratched up this early in the morning." She turned her gaze to Soft Step, who was slightly tremoring. Her tail was tucked, and she had a fat pheasant in her mouth. She suspected she knew the reason behind the young adolescent's anxiety attack. "Ah, breakfast is here!" She exclaims, padding over to Soft Step, and lowering her voice. "I'll take this, you can go to your spot until you're ready, ok?" Soft Step nods, passing the pheasant to Day Lily, and heading further into the den.

Day Lily turns back to Ebony Pup, and places the prey down in front of her. "Dig in, but don't forget to save some for Soft Step!"

Mae

Posted 2022-09-27 19:12:56
Ebony Pup shook herself off as Day Lily helped her up, "Where is papa anyways? I miss him. " She asked, tilting her head slightly as she looked up at the other wolf. She immediately was distracted at the mention of food, waddling up to it with a big smile. Her stomach growled loudly and she nodded, but wasnt really listening. The pup tore into the pheasant, tail wagging even faster than it was before making happy noises as she ate.

Night Valley stood up, bored out of his mind just sitting there in the corner of camp doing nothing. He figured that the Greenskeeper would be studying as always, so he made his way to the Outlet. He peeked inside, immediately noticing that he was right. Little Fern was still looking at herbs and the like. "Need any help?" He mused, seeing how frustrated the wolf was.

He felt bad for him, having to sit in his father's shadow and be told he cant be good because of what his father did. Night Valley knew it wasnt Little Fern's fault, no one should be blamed for what their ancestors did as long as they are a much better wolf than them. And from what he could see, the Greenskeeper was a much better wolf than his father.

𓆏 Angel 𓆏

Posted 2022-09-28 05:23:13 (edited)
Gentle winds combed through thick fur as the morning began to stir. A deep, interested gaze had its fixation on the camp, its owner taking in a drawl of morning air as she surveilled her surroundings. Signs of slumber had long dripped away from her features, and Sparrow Song was very much awake. The huntress had caught Ebony Pup's sweet morning routine, her maw decorated with the softest of smiles. Pups warmed her heart- the idea of the pack thriving still after the Pox incident laying rest to her once wary heart. Of course, the she-wolf knew that none of the pack was quite invulnerable, but for now, she figured it was fine to rest finally. The pack had endured a lot these past few months- maybe now things were starting to look up.

Sparrow Song stood finally, stretching her forepaws as far out as they could go, tail-end in the air before upping on all fours again. She watched as Night Valley crept into the Greenskeeper's, almost wishing she'd had the same idea. She enjoyed helping where she could, and had almost taken up the Pupsitter role before ultimately deciding that hunting had been her passion. The huntress waited her turn to eat, nabbing a young grouse when it had seemed the pups and teachers had their pick. Her appetite hadn't been huge this morning, so a small breakfast would suffice.

𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖓 𐕣

Posted 2022-09-28 06:53:28 (edited)

Little Fern - Greenskeeper - He/him - Location: Greenskeeper Outlet

The independent wolf withheld an irritated groan when someone came poking and prodding.

Goddess, was it so much to ask for a little bit of peace? He never understood what these wolves thought they'd get out of "helping" him- what help could they possibly be? Did they spend years training underneath an expert Greenskeeper? If so, then why the hell was he here? Little Fern twitched his long black ears out of his agitation, doing his best to keep his temper under control. His headache this morning wasn't helping the cause.

First, the squabble of a bickering wolves, and now, wolves coming to disturb what few moments of peace he thought he could grasp. The Outlet was a haven, but his haven was destroyed when others came nosing in. Sometimes, he regretted dropping out of the Land Runner practice. At least that would keep everyone away from him and leave him to his own devices. That'd be the only way he could really get some studying in.

A sharp sigh. "You can help by leaving me alone." His voice came cold and tense, his hackles bristling out of frustration. He wanted to study, to explore his memories, and he couldn't do that with others coming to pester them with their "help". Their words and banter plagued his thought, made his skull rattle and worsen his morning headache.

Goddess, he just wanted to be left alone with his plants.

"Unless it's a medical emergency, I am not to be disturbed in my studies. Interruptions to my learning come at the sake of the pack."

Veil - Moonblessed Stray - She/her - Location: The Valley

She had a head on her shoulders, she knew to keep her distance from that band of savages.

Fleet's warnings plagued her mind on the daily, a grim reminder of what they'd done to her father. Her brother, an adamant fool, had left as a traitor to join those murderers over a year ago. She'd never seen him again- surely he met the same fate as their father. They must've recognized Prarie's resemblance to their sire, and snuffed him out as soon as he tried to join. Veil...she wouldn't meet the same fate.

The long-legged wolf crept through the Valley as she sought out her breakfast. Being a stray, she had to do everyone on her own: she fought on her own, she hunted on her own, she slept on her own, she healed on her own...but it was a burden she had to bear. It was better than letting those wolves find her and end her, just like they'd done to her father (and surely her brother as well). As her mother always said, she had her father's eyes. They'd know who she was as soon as they found her.

Veil hesitated in her tracks when she spotted a squirrel some distance away, mindlessly gnawing on an acorn. She judged her distance, and then sprang for it.

20mia08

Posted 2022-09-29 09:56:22

Eagle Wing, She/Her, Rising Tides Stalker

weak. The She-wolf could barely move her legs or wings when she wakes, already waking up later than most the other pack. she stands, her entire body shaking under the weight of what felt like 10 Moose Bulls on top of her. she spreads her wings to steady herself, though they arn't much help . . . . she steps out of her Den, shaking herself off and folding her wings to let them settle. she still didn't feel great. she turns and steps back into the cave to wake her daughters.

Black Feather, She/Her, Rising Tides chaser

"Leave. me. alone." the half asleep black female growls slightly in her sleepy daze.
"you need to get up, black feather . . ." Eagle Wing says as softly and as motherly as ever.  "i think im going to go see Little Fern . . . ."
this makes Black Feather sit up. "what happened!?" she says eagerly, worried about her mother.
"it'll be alright, just a small trip for a checkup . . . im sure its noth . . . sure its . . ." Eagle Wing's words slow as her vision blurs. "its nothing . . ." and she Faints.

Black Feather is quickly taking action. she flies out of the cave and steps herself from flying further, not wanting an accident to happen as she runs to Little Fern's Den.
Echo_OfTheStorm

Posted 2022-09-29 12:21:31 (edited)
False is watching Sparrow Song, silent. Perhaps this female would join its evil dark alliance. Perhaps. (Sorry it's so short! I'll get longer once I get a feel for the RP)

Edit: (Will use False and Storm interchangeably)
SpookyStick(L-Off)

Search Topic