Skip to main content
Main Content

The Darkness Within (Onsite RP) [CLOSED]

Posted 2022-10-04 07:09:45 (edited)

Jagged Peak

The slate-hued wolf bared his teeth, digging hungrily into the rabbit carcass. A good young hunter had made short work of the  critter the day before, and now Jagged Peak was the one to enjoy the spoils.I don't see why so many wolves complain about being old, when all i have to do is teach puppies and eat prey whenever i want. It wasn't a hard life, it was easy, in fact. But Jagged Peak was still discontent. He crunched one of the bones in his jaws, and licked out the marrow inside. It was a trick he had been taught many moon-turns ago, and a good way to get some extra nutrients. Blood coated his muzzle, and the male sat back to lick his bloodied fur before stretching, wincing as he felt a tingle in his fur. stupid injuries. Always irritating! If these Greenkeepers were really any good, they could make this dumb dropping-licking scars go away. Maybe then they'd be useful. All they do is gather plants and plaster them on us time to time. Huff! Easy work. I bet they've never even had the pleasure of killing something before. Hardly a real wolf's life. Jagged Peak padded out of his den, blinking away sharp sunlight and pinning back his ears in irritation. Despite everything, he wasn't in a awful mood. Hopefully any wolves he trained would be pleasant too.

cinnrowan

Posted 2022-10-04 07:26:56

White Feather, Rising Tides Chaser, She/Her, Pansexual

White Feather snaps out of her slight daze as she hears Morning Mist approach. She blinks a few times, as if she had lost herself for a moment, before smiling and sitting right outside the nursery.
"Good Morning, Morning Mist!" she greats happily, her different colored eyes already full of exsightment and contentment for what today has in store. her wings flutter slightly, and she shakes herself off one quick time before sitting back down, making sure she was comfortable.
Echo_OfTheStorm

Posted 2022-10-04 07:47:49
Morning Mist is pleasantly surprised by White Feathers kind greeting. Logically he's aware that the other pack members respect and appreciate him, but there is always the lingering thought that they view him as other. White Feather seems to ruffle herself, eyes sparkling with warmth and contentment. Morning Mist bows shallowly to her and trots a bit closer.

"Good morning, White Feather. I hope you slept well- how's your day going so far?" they ask softly. They've found that differing to other pack members is easy- but sometimes Morning Mist stumbles. White Feather is generally one of the easier wolves to speak with though, and they enjoy her company.
rmrk

Posted 2022-10-04 07:53:08

White Feather returns the bow happily. "I can say the same for you. so far its same old same old. i was just here to check on the pups. I know its not my job but a love the youngins . . ." White Feather turns her head to look back into the nursery, her tail beginning to wag oh so slightly when she sees Ebony Pup. "never fail to have a strange innocence . . . i admire it more than anything . . . ."
Echo_OfTheStorm

Posted 2022-10-04 08:02:25
Morning Mist grins at her, catching the slight wag of her brown-tipped tail. He agrees, of course, that the pups here have a certain air of freedom. Being reliably protected has done well for their hearts- each of them has a bright spark that is wholly endearing.

"You know," Morning Mist begins, letting a bit of mischief into their voice, "I was going to go see if any of the pups were up for a play fight or some running before my day starts. Would you want to join me? There should be a few hours before you have to be anywhere,"

He trots past her a bit, playfully bumping his hip against her side. This is good, Morning Mist thinks, hoping to become better friends with her in the process.
rmrk

Posted 2022-10-04 08:14:20

White Feather stands, fluttering her wings slightly as she does so, "I would love to join you . . .!" she says happily as she begins to walk closely behind Morning Mist, her feathers ruffled and her esightment hard to hide. the She-wolf lets her tail wag now, actually feeling she might hurt herself if we were to try to stop it.
Echo_OfTheStorm

Posted 2022-10-04 08:19:01

Little Fern - Greenskeeper - He/him - Location: Greenskeeper Outlet

His stomach continued to twist itself out of vexation when the male who had interrupted his studies slowly backed off and ventured off to find another distraction. He just wanted his peace. Ever since his mother fell victim to the poison planted by his father, everyone had been in his fur and trying to get underneath his skin. It was as if everyone wanted to test him and push his buttons to see if he'd snap like his father. Hell, he didn't care anymore. Maybe he was his father, maybe he was his mother. He just wanted to learn these damned herbs.

With the pressure in his skull pounding, the irritated Greenskeeper retrained his focus on the various herbs at his paws. Yes- that one was marigold, he already identified that. Sweet and simple, a good place to start so long as he could maintain the peace and quiet for now. One would think that having your very own Outlet would give you peace, yet somehow, everyone managed to find and pester him relentlessly.

There was a flurry of noise as something attempted to rush into his Outlet. Goddess, why the hell was everyone obsessed with getting into his business? Was the world burning? No- then he needed to be left to his studies. His jaws tightened and his oblong ears began to flatten against his skull, not bothering to turn and face the wolf who'd rushed into his Outlet once again. The gray-and-black hairs along his spin bristled. "....Unless this is a life-threatening emergency, politely find someone else to pester with your unparalleled thirst for attention." Little Fern's voice dripped with sarcasm. While he was typically placid, today was not his day. Nobody liked having a headache. Nobody especially liked having a headache and being interrupted while they were attempting to study.

It was surely just an obnoxious pup trying to nose through his stores, anyways. Or another wolf trying to force their uneducated and unnecessary assistance onto him.

Veil - Moonblessed Stray - She/her - Location: The Valley

She landed squarely on the squirrel with grace, its scream of fear and pain lasting only a mere second before Veil had it by the throat. She gave it a vicious shake before the rodent went still, its life slipping from its body. The sunset-colored wolf kept herself composed, surprisingly elegant for a creature so long-legged. While it was a small breakfast, it'd surely do for now. Hopefully, its short-lived squeal wouldn't attract any unwanted attention...

However, the birds had grown silent. The trees no longer swayed. Whatever peace was temporarily present in the Valley had since been chased away. She wasn't alone. The confident female kept her catch in her jaws- she wasn't going to hand it off to any of those dastardly pack wolves who got fat on elk all day. Unlike them, she actually put an effort into catching her meals, and didn't stab others in the back.

Perhaps whoever was out there had never met her father while he was competing to be Alpha. Perhaps they wouldn't recognize her as his daughter. The odd-eyed wolf promptly raised her chin with a soft, disdainful sniff. "You are no master of stealth, not to a stray. Reveal yourself."

20mia08

Posted 2022-10-04 08:25:03

Jagged Peak

The grey had work to do, as all wolves did. Walking on paws hard from years of padding on tough stones, Jagged Peak pad over to Ebonypup, who was beside the two she-wolves White Feather and Morning Mist. Jagged Peak scowled, but kept his bark brief; "I'll be taking this little bug out for training for agility. I hope you two see to your own duties by the time i return." His green gaze held distaste, and he turned to Ebonypup, scorn making him snarl. "Come along, unless you're looking for a few nips to the rear. I don't have time for slackers."

cinnrowan

Posted 2022-10-04 08:26:47

Black Feather, Rising Tides Chaser, She/Her, Lesbian

"I apologize for interupting," Black Feather's voice has a quiver to it, something not often heard. "My mother has fainted, when she woke me- i think she was feeling weak too?" Black feather almost speaks quickly, due to a deep panic that she may loose her mother. "again im Sorry, but- i think Eagle Wing needs your help urgently!!"
Echo_OfTheStorm

Posted 2022-10-04 08:56:44 (edited)

The Valley

Sharp Thorn watched intently as the stray wolf hunted, landing and catching the squirrel. The audacity to hunt in our lands! She thought. Pulling herself from the sparce trees, she stood tall, taking a better look at the red, black, and white wolf. She seemed to be taller than Sharp Thorn, but no matter, the pack wolf stood her ground. "And you're not necessarily a master of staying out of our territory. And you certainly won't be a master of keeping your face if you don't know what's best for you." Her voice was gravely, flexing her claws, and feeling the rumble of a growl in her throat.

That was when Sharp Thorn saw it. Like the flick of a tail, a fire being blown out before one could even blink, and her breath sweeping away. She froze. Her dark blueish eyes landing on something that made her blood boil. This stray wolf's eyes were of a blue color themselves, but lighter, and with bright yellow pupils. Almost shining as Sharp Thorn stared. This wolf, was a Moonblessed. The growl stuck in her throat rumbled up, and escaped her lips, almost like a shout. Rage filled her eyes. How dare this non pack wolf even have those eyes!

"Who are you!" She shouted, panting heavily, ready to jump at any moment. "Who are you to trespass on our lands! Who are you to hunt here! And who are you to have those eyes!"

Mae

Search Topic