Skip to main content
Main Content

The Darkness Within (Onsite RP) [CLOSED]

Posted 2022-10-04 10:28:24
Morning Mist startles violently when Jagged Peak interrupts them. Ebony Pup goes with him without complaint of how rude he is- but Morning Mist gives him a dirty look. He's a good teacher, he will admit, but his methods and personality are too harsh to stomach.

"You should know that pups do better in lessons after they've warmed up. You don't have to be so hard with her all the time," he scolds lightly. It's not really his place but seeing Ebony Pup deflate under Jagged Peaks glare burns something in their chest.

He doesn't want to be around Jagged Peak for longer then he has to. He'd been enjoying his morning, spoken to a friendly wolf and checked on a good number of the pack, but the encounter is ruining their mood.

He turns to White Feather before Jagged Peak has an opportunity to bite back.

"Have you eaten yet? I have to check the food stock anyway," he says.
rmrk

Posted 2022-10-04 10:35:12
Jagged Peak stares back at Morning Mist with equal dislike, challenge in his eyes. is quarrelling with a senior wolf really so smart? his eyes seemed to ask, and he held the younger wolf's gaze for a uncomfortable amount of time.

"I don't need your advice, Morning Mist. I'm the teacher here, and my lessons are taught the way i see fit. Besides, in the real world, you don't get time to warm up. Ebony Pup will be fine." Jagged Peak had always held a special dislike for the young puppy. They were everything he had wished he was. A moonblessed. If only the goddess loved him.

As Morning Mist turned away, Jagged Peak felt himself bristle, and a low growl came from him. But he bit his tongue. "Come on, runt. We have work to do."

cinnrowan

Posted 2022-10-04 10:51:39
"He's so unpleasant," Morning Mist huffs. Pups are meant to be taught gently and with great care- he's sure if it. Just because he's not a teacher doesn't mean he hasn't had good teachers. Nettle guided him so easily! She still does! All of her methods rely on empathy, or a mutual respect that Jagged Peak seems to utterly lack. He's a brilliant wolf but Morning Mist cannot stand him!

They can feel a headache building. Their hips ache with the force of their steps and Morning Mist is so upset he doesn't pay any attention to if White Feather answered or not. The dense fur of his coat seems to bristle unevenly; he wishes Nettle was awake. She'd glare at Jagged Peak so viciously that he would immediately bow and change his ways- Morning Mist has faith in all eight inches of her.

"Ah, hell," he mutters. In his angry haste he's moved the opposite way from the food store- he's roughly somewhere near the Outlet for where Little Fern works- and he winces. The headache that's been growing over the last few minutes isn't horrible but he can feel a bit of inflammation in his paws. Maybe Little Fern has some spare yarrow he can borrow.
rmrk

Posted 2022-10-04 10:52:26 (edited)
((Sorry- i was late- and now im lost. ;-; i have no idea where White Feather is now-))
Echo_OfTheStorm

Posted 2022-10-04 11:19:21
Ebony Pup

The young pup looked from the two wolves back to Jagged Peak. She had experience with him, having trained with him a little bit before. This wasnt a strange occurence. He was always this unpleasant, at least to her. She didnt know why though, and it hurt. Ebony Pup frowned, sighing softly as she slinked after him.

She had been having a pretty good day before this, but now she knew it wouldnt be so great. "What are we training for today?" She asked, vice catching slightly as she hesitated.

𓆏 Angel 𓆏

Posted 2022-10-04 15:12:56 (edited)

Jagged Peak

Jagged Peak sniffed, lowering his guard hairs as he settled himself from the unruly conversation from before. How dare Morning Mist speak to him in such a way! He was likely already a full grown chaser by the time that dirt-sniffer had been whelped and cared for by that dumb bird! He didn't deserve this. He knew he didn't. Angrily he scowled at the Moonblessed pup, venomous thoughts of envy coursing his mind. But he kept them to himself.

"Agility Training. Specifically, working on dodging." He gruffed, pushing away any nasty thoughts as they headed to the Training Area. He pad a few lengths away from Ebonypup."You're going to dodge my attacks." Without a moment's notice, he leapt for the puppy, not with the intent of harm but rather to catch her off guard.

cinnrowan

Posted 2022-10-04 15:18:14

Starlit Gale - Moonblessed Rising Flame Stalker - She/her - Location: The Valley

StarlitGale was wandering around the valley. She needed some fresh air outside of the camp. There were too many wolves there and she needed some time to herself. Sure she enjoys the company of the other members of her pack however, it could get overwhelming sometimes. The large wolf crouched into her hunting position as she spotted a hare. Despite her size, Starlitgale was still quite sneaky, silently stalking up on the hare.

Her moonlit eyes shone as the dark colored wolf pounced, catching the poor hare off guard as she snatched it in her jaws with almost unmatched speed. Her name was StarlitGale after all, as swift as the wind. She sat down to snack on her newly caught prey, intending to catch some more later. It wasen't the largest hare she had caught, much to her disappointment. In fact, it was on the smaller side. But hey, prey was prey and she wasn't complaining.

Raven

Posted 2022-10-04 15:47:34

Little Fern - Greenskeeper - He/him - Location: Greenskeeper Outlet

A soft huff, and his tune seemed to change. At last- it was a scenario in which he was actually needed, rather than some wolf merely attempting to occupy his time out of their boredom. The grizzled wolf forced his bristling coat to lie flat before nodding in the direction of the nearby burrow. "Bring her to my den." He responded to the concerned youngster before rising to his gangly legs and trotting off to get his herbs situated.

It was important that the ill wolf be removed from the general population promptly. His mother had told him this before, and the pox outbreak was a testament to the power of contamination. Isolation was key- it'd make his job easier in the long run. If the wolf had fainted, his first course of action was to make sure she was still breathing. While he didn't recall Eagle Feather being old, he couldn't rule out a weak heart. He'd need to examine her before drawing any conclusions.

The new Greenskeeper searched his mind for answers, for protocols. If she was still breathing, then she had a fighting chance.  If she had a fever, she might have a chance, but the whole pack could be at risk. Distemper and influenza were ridiculously contagious, as his mother had told him. Pups and elders could easily be killed. Better of just over-exerted herself the day before...

Veil - Moonblessed Stray - She/her - Location: The Valley

She had every desire to reveal her inner rage and murder this pack wolf where she stood in the name of her father. It was because of them that he was taken far too early. But Veil did just that- she kept herself veiled in a thin sheet of false emotions, continuing her usual facade. Confidence was key. They couldn't get to her if she didn't let them.

The merled wolf raised her chin at the temperamental wolf's demands for answers. Her peculiar eyes were narrowed into a pair of slits as she circled the stranger, scrutinizing her, noting her size, noting her stance... "Such accusations, such temper...I see eloquence doesn't run in that boiled blood of you pack wolves." Veil remarked as she continued her slow circling, her voice remaining calm and seemingly emotionless. This wolf seemed over-stimulated, manic even. The mentioning of her eyes made Veil tense, but she maintained her composure.

"Who are you to judge me when your pack has mercilessly gobbled up all good hunting lands? Who are you to claim that prey belongs only to you, when the great maker creates it for us all? And who would I be to decide the way in which genetics roll? I didn't pick my eyes, just as you didn't pick that coat of yours. My name is none of your concern. Like you, I am like a breeze, just a short blip in this timeframe. One day I'm here, and the next I'll be gone. So is the way of life. So is the way of life that your pack has made."

20mia08

Posted 2022-10-04 15:56:48

Black Feather, Rising Tides Chaser, She/Her, Lesbian

Black Feather is quick to run from the Greenkeeper's den back to her mother, using her wings, she carefully begins to pick up Eagle Feather onto her back.

White Feather, Rising Tides Chaser, She/Her, Pansexual

White feather had noticed her sister running from the Greenkeeper's den, and had quickly found herself following behind, knowing her sister didnt move this fast for no reason. when she sees her mother she's in shock at first.
"Black Feather- what happened!?" she asks quickly.
"Questions later!" Black Feather barks quickly, growling almost. "Help me get her to the Greenkeeper's Den! Now!!"
White feather is quick to life Eagle Wing's front half on her back, and the two quickly ruth their mother back to the Greenkeeper's den.
Echo_OfTheStorm

Posted 2022-10-04 20:23:54 (edited)

The Valley

Sharp Thorn growls, the lone wolf getting on her nerves. She's angry at her pack for making this stupid rule that an eye color determines who can become leader. She's angry at this wolf for hunting and trespassing. And she's angry that this wolf had the eyes that she deserves.

"That's it, I've had enough. If you realling think yourself just a short blip in the timeframe, then perhaps I can make your timeline even shorter." Her eyes were dark, clearly enraged, triggered by the eyes. It was obvious that she was losing grip on reality at this moment. She'd do anything to get what she wants, the control. If only she had control of it all. So to take some of that control, and she charges forward, claws ready and teeth barred.

(permission to attack?)

Mae

Search Topic