Skip to main content
Main Content

Adopt-A-Newbie [Open!]

Posted 2022-04-17 05:09:45
But I am a newbie πŸ₯²
Vivi

Posted 2022-04-17 06:48:13
Maybe you haven't been assigned the role yet?
Enjolras

Posted 2022-04-17 09:44:23
Welcome new applicants! I've added your names to the apprentice list and a mentor should reach out soon.

At the moment, the clan forums are mentor-only, which is why you can't see the topics linked in the announcements. After forum moderation is implemented like was mentioned in the Groups news post (and some forum bugs are fixed), I hope to expand it to include forums for apprentices as well!
Mel 🏜️

Posted 2022-04-17 13:08:24
Oop, I joined the group already with the intentions of being a mentor but now I see mentor apps are closed. Do I need to leave the group or is there like a neutral role?

red

Posted 2022-04-17 14:20:30
You're still welcome to stay in the group! The Guest role that people are given upon joining doesn't have access to anything at the moment except for the clan hoard, so I would consider it a neutral role. I'm still ironing out some wrinkles with the system, but my plans today are to get some things set up to allow Guests to interact with the forums as well. (I was hoping to wait until the group forums worked a bit better to set things up, but I think it'll probably be best to get things all laid out early on to keep building on in the future haha!).

After I get those forums set up, most of the clan activity including newbie and mentor applications will be moved to the group forums rather than this forum, at which point I will open mentor applications again. This should hopefully not take longer than a couple of days! I'll update this post as soon as everything is ready to be moved over, and mentor applications are open again. :)
Mel 🏜️

Posted 2022-04-17 14:41:06
Preferred Name: Lila or amber(amber is my real name)
How long have you been playing Wolvden?: Since about December 1st so maybe 5 months ish
Would you say you understand Wolvden's mechanics well?: Yes, I LOVE this game and understand very well
Are you online every day?: Everyday and honestly almost all day, I'm a caregiver so I have some time on my hands

I'd love to help some ppl if they need it since that's what I've been doing since I began playing this game😁😁😁
🐺 𝓛𝓲𝓡π“ͺ ❀️

Posted 2022-04-17 17:19:23
Hi! My name is Zoey, but some people online call me Anya (my middle name) and I wanna become an apprentice.
Zoey

Posted 2022-04-17 22:08:25 (edited)
Hey all! I'm copying this announcement from the clan so that everyone can see it To add onto it, the forum topic that we're on right now will just be used as an advertisement/to direct new players to the clan in the future. Feel free to unsubscribe after this if you'd like (if you're a mentor, you may choose to subscribe to the mentor notification topic instead, until clan forum subscriptions are added)!

Mentor applications are opened again now that I've gotten this out of the way, so I'll give the role to the newest applicants.

I appreciate your patience as we've worked to get some wrinkles ironed out with the clan and the Adopt-A-Newbie system!

I'd like to announce some updates for the clan that will be built upon in the future, as more group features are added.

Name
I've edited the name of the clan to better encompass what I'd like the clan to act as - both as a hub for an Adopt-A-Newbie program as well as a general gameplay help clan.

The Forums
I've finished building up the clan's forums, and they are now all ready to use! I was hoping to wait until forum bugs were fixed and moderation was added, but it seemed in the clan's best interest to add them in earlier than that.

For all members of the clan, I've added Clan Rules and Information as well as a Help and Suggestion Box board. Also for all members is the Helper Hub, where anyone can ask questions relating to Wolvden, and the General Chat board, where (as the name suggests) general conversation can take place. The General Chat board also contains an advertisement subcategory for all your Wolvden advertisement needs.

Please be sure to read the clan's short and simple rules when you get a moment.

Roles
Everyone in the clan who is not a part of the Adopt-A-Newbie program as an Apprentice or Mentor is given the Guest role in the clan. Guests will have access to the General Chat and Helper Hub boards, as previously mentioned. Guests can also take two items from the clan's hoard every day. Guests can apply to be Apprentices or Mentors in the boards under the Adopt-A-Newbie Applications category.

The Adopt-A-Newbie Program
Adopt-A-Newbie will be moved to entirely function inside the clan's own forums. Now, those interested in joining as an Apprentice or Mentor will send their applications here.

To read about Adopt-A-Newbie, an About board has been added. Guests interested in applying can check out the respective Apprentice and Mentor boards. Mentor applications will remain open indefinitely (at least until post editing is added so that I can edit the application post XD). Current mentor-specific forum topics will remain the same. However, until clan forum subscriptions are (hopefully) added, mentors are encouraged to subscribe to this mentor notification topic to get notified of new apprentices for adoption.

Admins
A couple admins have been recruited to help things run smoothly. They will assist with reviewing applications and keeping the spreadsheet and forum topics up to date. Admin applications are currently closed, but we'll announce if they open again in the future!

Thank you for your continued support! Please let me know if you experience any issues with the new forum topics. I believe I've set all of the permissions correctly, but it's a bit hard to confirm.
Mel 🏜️

Posted 2022-04-19 16:39:52
Here's a small change after gauging the clan's activity since the previous update.

This forum topic will stay open to accept apprentice applications, as it's easier to find than the clan forums. All mentor applications will still be handled in the clan forums! I think it will be helpful to keep making small changes like these until we find a good balance and a system that works the most effectively!
Mel 🏜️

Posted 2022-04-20 00:40:41
Preferred name: Smol
How long have you been playing Wolvden?: Since late 2020, just after the public launch!
Would you say you understand Wolvden's mechanics well?: Yes, I've been here since nearly the beginning and feel like I understand the mechanics well!
Are you online every day?: Everyday!

I would love to be a mentor and help out anyone who needs it!
Smol

Search Topic