Skip to main content
Main Content

Get adopted & ask questions here!

Get adopted & ask questions here!
Posted 2020-10-21 17:13:50 (edited)
UPDATE (4/23/23): I'm more easily reached through PMs. You can also join the Adopt-A-Newbie Clan to get a mentor who can work with you one-on-one. _____________________________________________________________

Hey there! If you've looked around this forum, you've probably seen me replying to a lot of "looking for a mentor" posts. I thought it'd be best to make my own thread, too!

I've been here since EA started and I've been active here and in the help chat. I have experience in the basic game mechanics (hunting, scouting, quests, etc) as well as knowledge of breeding, genetics, and the current market. If you have any questions, please PM me or post here! I'm happy to help <3

You can use this link to send me a PM if you're not sure how to do so: Link

Edit: This thread is not just for newbies! If you're a more experienced player with questions, you're free to ask them. I also don't mind duplicate questions, so don't feel like you need to comb this thread to make sure your question hasn't already been answered. 

Sticky:

Mini-guide to getting SC

🌿 Hartley

Posted 2020-10-21 17:32:24

Hello there! I just joined the site yesterday. I come from Lioden but I never really was that good at the breeding and rarity aspects of it all lol. I'd love a mentor if you're open to it :3 I tried to customize my two starter wolves the best I could :p

ModestNeko

Posted 2020-10-21 17:41:28

Absolutely! You can PM me any questions you have or ask them here <3

🌿 Hartley

Posted 2020-10-21 17:46:54

Okay sounds good! I gotta get through the tutorial first or at least farther into it but I guess any advice about breeding the first time would be great. 

I have a female leader, is it worth breeding her, even though the energy regeneration is slower?

ModestNeko

Posted 2020-10-21 17:54:20

The energy penalty didn't bother me too much, but it depends on your goals. if you're trying to level up, you may want to wait to breed her. If you can afford an instant pup delivery in the Grove, that will stop her from losing energy from being pregnant. The energy penalty is only 2%, so you'll gain 8% every 7.5 minutes which isn't too bad. 

🌿 Hartley

Posted 2020-10-21 18:02:41

Oh okay yeah that's not bad. Is the level-up just slowed down from not being able to explore as quickly? And also is finding battles the only way to gain exp on the main? Cuz so far I've only encountered 2 battles in explore but they were like level 20s so I ignored them as I'm still level 1 lol. 

ModestNeko

Posted 2020-10-21 18:05:25

Level-up is slowed only because you won't have as much energy to explore, find hp-refilling encounters in explore, and battle enemies which gives exp. Battling is the best way to get experience for your lead, but doing the snake quests everyday gives you a bit of exp as well. I recommend staying in the starting biomes and only battling enemies around your level, no more than 1-2 levels above your own while you're starting out. 

🌿 Hartley

Posted 2020-10-21 18:09:53

Oh okay makes sense. Did I shoot myself in the foot choosing the Mountains or are there any low level encounters there? XD I had to choose the mountains. Just too pretty and I love snow 🌨️ haha

ModestNeko

Posted 2020-10-21 18:13:14

The mountains are a starting biome, so you should be able to find low-level enemies there. I started there as well, and never had any difficulty finding enemies to fight. It sounds like you've just had a streak of bad luck. 

🌿 Hartley

Posted 2020-10-21 18:15:06

Okay good to know lol. I'll keep searching then :) I gotta go for a bit but I'll definitely come back and ask any questions I may have! If you think of anything that I should know, just say it on here or on me :) we can be friends if you'd like~ thanks for helping! 

ModestNeko

Search Topic