Skip to main content
Main Content

Change Nesting Material Crafting UI

Posted 2022-11-03 21:59:34
Full support.  I support really any change to the UI that makes it so we don't need to bury in order to craft.  The nesting material crafting interface is similar to the one used to create a trade; the latter makes all of the items in your hoard available to select, so I presume it wouldn't be too much of a strain on the existing system to implement a similar interface (except only with all craftable items in your hoard) for nesting material.

Having to bury items just to have the preferred materials available for nesting mat crafting is quite a pain.  I use feather remnants leftover from amusement scrap creation to make my nesting mats.  I have to bury about 10 stacks of herbs before the feather remnants are available to me on the list.  With the special herbs popping up for Coigreach, I'm concerned that if I bury some for next year, I might accidentally unbury and somehow lose them in the process of regularly burying/unburying the standard herbs.

possumproblem

Posted 2022-11-04 07:28:48
Support! It's very frustrating and tedious when you want to make nests out of all your spare large leaves but get hit with a wall of literally hundreds of arnica. Burying those, seeing its now a wall of bearberries, burying all your herbs, meeting a wall of butterfly wings, etc.
and going through this whole cycle of burying one thing, finding another thing taking up the 200 limit, burying those, etc. all to get to some large leaves. And then later the process of finding and digging up every single item you had to bury so your able to actually use them again
(Not even mentioning manually clicking 10 boxes each to make one nest. Not too bad by itself, but, again, tedious if your wanting to make 10 nests, or 15 or 20.)

AngryTiger-[Item_Hoarder]

Posted 2023-01-20 13:00:57
100% agree - the hoops and hurdles it takes to CHOOSE what materials you want to use for crafting is so difficult!!!  I can never use items that are in the bottom half of the alphabet unless I bury 80% of the items I don't want to use.  It's so difficult - this needs to be reviewed!!!

☾*✲⋆Saddust⋆✲*☽

Posted 2023-01-20 14:06:15 (edited)
Support.
  • Even if you're a player that never crafts NM (like me), Melvin's Missions now give quests that require crafting NM. It becomes irritating to bury items to craft and keep my streak.

• Currently there's no benefit to using a higher-use or higher-rarity item when crafting nesting material. I propose that a 5-use feather should count as 1/2 the material required to craft the NM. Balancing might be required.

• Search bar would be a very easy-to-implement but effective solution if devs are too preoccupied to implement the extra fluff

Jun | 璇 🌑

Posted 2023-03-06 09:38:19
A search bar would be a good save, and I agree it's a little silly that higher use items don't count as uses. Sleecting 10 items is tedious as is

Datrandomcat

Posted 2023-03-06 11:55:53
I wish we could start typing in the item, (remant) and then select all of those.  It's such a painful process!!!!

☾*✲⋆Saddust⋆✲*☽

Posted 2023-06-27 08:23:53 (edited)
Yes please. I'm so tired of having to bury my herbs every time I craft nesting materials to get at my leaves. :(

Even if it was just an interface like the one we have in the TC, or Raccoon Wares..
Searchable at the baaare minimum.

bubblewater

Posted 2023-06-27 15:50:24
I'm subscribed to this topic and for some reason when it got bumped I mistook it for a news post about an actual change to the nest crafting UI; I literally started cheering before I realized my error.  I wish I could vote to support this twice.

possumproblem

Posted 2023-06-28 14:01:43
I really support this. It's rally bothersome having to bury loads of thing just to see the items you want to use.

If it's too complicated, at least we could have a "search" field at the top
(i.e.  if I write feathers, it shows me the first 200 feather, if i write road it shows me Roadrunner feather and roadrunner feather remnants and whatever else might have "road" in it)

As for the special nests, it's a great idea, but considering the rarity f the items used, it might be better for them to last forever (or at least a good number of uses) but maybe a single one could be allowed only once a month. This would allow poorer or newer players to save to get the mats to make one without feeling they are wasting resources.

mALEc 🌸🐰 🌸

Posted 2023-11-06 12:03:58 (edited)
Just read some other posts...

You mean you can use remnants to craft nesting material!!?
I didn't even know because I never get to "r" either.

A little side thought only partly related. I find it very hard to decide what items to use both to craft nesting mats and as amusement because I can't find a place where, given the item, it says what recipes  it can be used for.
At least, in the description, it could say what kins of thing it can be used for.

An example to make it clearer:

Wolf pelt - amusement, crafting, remnant crafting
Cnitharian tendril - amusement (anything else?)
Arnica - nesting, medicine
Jay feather - amusement, nesting, crafting rem (is the actual  also a crafting item for something?) (can the remnant be used for nesting?)

This, together with a way to choose what to use, would help so much!!

mALEc 🌸🐰 🌸