Skip to main content
Main Content

Development Update #12

Posted 2021-08-26 02:21:37 (edited)
I like the questing update, but its once again stripping you of taking today's quests, if you finished yesterday's quest? I finished 1 hard quest from yesterday and got no option to take any new quests today - is this a bug, or intended feature?
Mad Hyena

Posted 2021-08-26 02:51:12
Hi, can you take a second look at "leave a puppy at the Enclave" quest? I have to sacrifice one of my own pups in order to fulfill it :I Enclave quests doesn't count in it.
Other than that, I really like the new update, especially with herbalist foraging quicker!

🍄 𝕗𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚒𝚝𝚜𝚞𝚎

Posted 2021-08-26 03:48:08 (edited)
The more I read about these new quest options the more horrified I am of them, to be honest...

It's nice to hear that at least the system takes into account such things as wolve's heat and availability of pups, but in my opinion that's not quite enough. The "leave pup at Enclave" quest could somewhat be salvaged if it only took into account pups that are not secured, but I think an easier solution would be to just change the quest into "adopt a pup from Enclave" instead. For the breeding quest I don't really have any easy suggestions; I guess you could introduce some sort of "locked for breeding" system where you could mark down that "no, this wolf is not going to be bred, don't ask for it, game".

The quest about gaining two freaking trophies is also insane! That's just plain impossible to do in one day, unless you get extremely lucky. At the very least the quest should count the dropped meat chunks as trophies, but I'm not completely sure if that alone would salvage its usability. Maybe that bundled together with making the meat drops more common than they currently are?

(EDIT) I'm just editing this because I don't want to clutter the thread with new negative messages, but apparently Healing Salves don't count for a trophy either after all... That's just making things even worse than they already were.

I also really, really dislike the change made to the crafting quest, as now medicine doesn't count towards the goal. Just... Why? I'm not saying crafting some cheap decor is too difficult, but it's... Useless. At least medicines are actually useful!

hitodama

Posted 2021-08-26 04:53:01
Yesssss thanks for the quest update!
Galas

Posted 2021-08-26 05:36:09
Love the new decors and bgs 😍
Moth 🦋

Posted 2021-08-26 06:01:33
The nice thing with the quest update is that since there is more variety, and you have several of them, it doesn't matter if you don't like a few of them, you'll pretty much always have at least one per batch that you like (while before if you didn't like hunting quests or were in a very hard biome, you could be unable to complete any quest for days at a time if you were unlucky).

Also it encourages you to try parts of the game that you may usually not use, so this is fun.

Personally, I'm fine with hard quests being hard. If you're always guaranteed to be able to complete them, why are they called "hard"? For me there would be no satisfaction in completing them. Nothing bad happens if you just don't do them, and it might give newer players something to look forward to, the same way I'm looking forward to my first glacier medium trail, or my first bred T3.

Fal - semi hiatus

Posted 2021-08-26 06:33:19
This is AMAZEBALLS great job Team Wolvden! I freaking LOVE the extra quest widget. I find myself constantly going back and fourth for fetch quests so this is really REALLY helpful.

Emi Wolvesbane

Posted 2021-08-26 07:15:37
I just saw this posted on the Home page:

"Bug Fix 2021-08-26 02:26
Collecting medicine from the Herbalist no longer counts towards the Craft an Item quest."

So now if you have your herbalist make medicine, it DOESN'T count toward your quest for crafting an item? So for people who don't do much crafting, we're going to have to go out and find some cheap recipe and learn it, and then make one or two items we don't even want, each time this quest comes up, just to fulfill it.

I don't even understand what was so bad about the old questing system? I've played this game every day for the past year and a half and there was ONE day I did not complete a quest. One. Out of 400+ days. And that was my first bear slay quest. I've never had trouble finding particular enemies to slay, nor did I ever have a lot of trouble finding particular collecting items because there is at least one or two events in EVERY biome that would give you a quest item.

And you need to hunt every day to feed your pack, so why would the hunt quest be difficult? If it was difficult for people to get successful hunts, they could have just changed the old system to be "go on 5 hunts" rather than "5 successful hunts." Instead now we have all these different things we have to do, half of which I don't even do while I'm playing the game. The quest used to be my daily fun thing in my life, and so far this update has taken all my enjoyment out of logging in each morning.

Ryuukokoro

Posted 2021-08-26 07:17:20
I would try to craft nesting material and see if that counts toward that quest

🍄 𝕗𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚒𝚝𝚜𝚞𝚎

Posted 2021-08-26 07:17:41
It does not. They already said it doesn't.

Ryuukokoro