Skip to main content
Main Content

Development Update #12

Posted 2021-08-26 00:51:28
@WillowRose

That might be a bug? I finished the easy and hard quests yesterday and was able to get new ones of each today, but still have the medium one from yesterday to do. Is the green button on each quest to take a new one not there?

Whirligig

Posted 2021-08-26 00:55:08
I have no green buttons, nor any area where certain level quests would be. Just says "none right now" in bold.
WillowRose

Posted 2021-08-26 01:09:55
Looks like my problem may be a bug after all. I searched reported bugs and found a few others had the same issues. I went ahead and added my comment there.
WillowRose

Posted 2021-08-26 01:28:48
Just a small observation about a quest:

Both yesterday and today I got the "Get a trophy from a battle" medium quest, but I think it should be changed as an hard quest since getting a trophy relies highly on RNG.

I was able to complete the quest both yesterday and today since with the Lunar event I battle almost every enemy I get so, after a bit, I got my trophy for the day. But on normal days winning a trophy might mean I have to battle a lot (using healing salves) and if RNG is not kind to me that day, I might be unable to complete that quest.

I'm not complaining about the quest per se (even if it might become the kind of quest that potentially will frustrate me), but I think it's more of a hard quest than a medium one.

PiffleLovesBaseball

Posted 2021-08-26 01:41:30
I have a hard quest to collect 2 battle trophies.

Dżanek

Posted 2021-08-26 01:48:07 (edited)
Ouch...
That's even worse... I'm not sure I'm too happy about these trophy based quests...

PiffleLovesBaseball

Posted 2021-08-26 01:48:48
Wow, and I got the medium quest to collect 1 battle trophy today.

You know I do a fair amount of battles and often I go days without getting any trophies at all... Has the likelihood of trophies dropped been change to make it more likely to get one, to help with all these quests?

Ryuukokoro

Posted 2021-08-26 01:53:54
I've always had horrible luck getting trophies. I didn't know there was a quest for that, or else I would have included it in my wall of text lol.

Yeah, there absolutely should not be a quest for trophies. Even for 1 trophy, but ESPECIALLY not for more than that. When you can go days without them due to RNG, it's absurdly unfair. And it certainly isn't a MEDIUM quest, that's for sure.

Whirligig

Posted 2021-08-26 01:55:15
My guess is that this kind of quest only appears to players who have their lead above a certain level, so you already have the chances of dropping a trophy a bit higher than normal, but it still relies on RNG so I'm a bit worried.

I think asking for 2 trophies in a single day is a bit much.

PiffleLovesBaseball

Posted 2021-08-26 02:04:08 (edited)
I agree that asking for 2 per day isn't very fair.

You know it might be helpful if we could get a list of all possible quests posted, so we can prepare for what we're going to have to face from now on.

I really miss the days when questing was fun to do...

EDIT: Okay I went to do some battles and it seems if you get Meat Chunks as leftover from a battle it doesn't count toward your battle trophy requirement, but if you get a healing salve it does. I just started the day by doing five lunar battles and I got 1 Large Meat Chunks in the fourth battle and 1 Healing Salve in the fifth battle, so that fulfills my Medium Quest for today.

SECOND EDIT: I made a mistake. The healing salve did not count toward my trophy quest. I didn't see at the time because I didn't scroll down all the way after the battle ended, but I actually got a healing salve and a dropped trophy talon from that battle, and that's why it counted as a completion of my quest.

"Won a battle against a level 19 Lunar Owl and got +491 EXP! Total energy used: 14. New HP after fight: 3. Gained 2 Lunar Tears. Won 1x Medicine: Healing Salve (#78458517). Fallow gained +1 smarts. Recovered a trophy: Glowing Talon"

Ryuukokoro