Skip to main content
Main Content

Development Update #6

Posted 2021-02-10 09:26:34

Heck yeah Hunting changes. Hopefully this will help with actually having more successful hunts.

Ras

Posted 2021-02-10 09:27:13
:D             

choy🥬

Posted 2021-02-10 09:29:38

I love all the additions, but I agree that 150 SC is far too step of a price to pay without a way to easily make SC. I hope the devs consider either changing it to GC, or one of the other ideas mentioned here!

Naike

Posted 2021-02-10 09:29:59

I love the new mutation scry, and it being all of them at once is nice. I'm sure there will be new mutations in future so not having to pay separately for each one is good. 

I agree the price seems a bit high right now though.

Snowcat13 🌞

Posted 2021-02-10 09:31:00

Thanks again for your hard work! Loving the new hunting percentages

Keiser

Posted 2021-02-10 09:31:25

@Gnoll - But fewer confirmed carriers and therefore fewer known new blood wolves can be just as detrimental to the market, since then you have a heavier reliance on those mutated studs. Mostly, this is a playstyle problem - a lot of users here are just as opposed to inbreeding as those over on Lioden. The smaller the gene pool, the more likely it is you could accidentally inbreed. The more likely it is you will accidentally inbreed or have to inbreed to keep the mutation, the lower the prices will be, as it will be harder to sell the offspring.

On the other hand, more confirmed carriers means new bloodlines are less special and if inbreeding is less of a concern, there will be more competition in the market. More competition means wolves sell slower, which in turn means people get impatient and lower their prices, which in turn makes new low prices for the mutation and the eventual undercutting collapse will hit them just as hard as it does every other 'special' thing released in a breeding game.

It's a lose-lose situation - mutation prices won't be helped either way and genetically passable mutations via carriers will always majorly drop in price over time. The only reason things like Tigons and Leopons over on Lioden keep their high prices is because the first gen females required to start new bloodlines are 100% RNG and non-hybrid offspring don't have an increased chance of producing hybrids - there are no 'pon/gon carriers.' The best decision here is what keeps the majority of the userbase from trying to eat the staff.

Sorry for the slowness, I'm a bit scattered this morning.

Volinolona

Posted 2021-02-10 09:32:08 (edited)

if 2+2 is 4 and 5+5 is 10 wtf is this

edit: ayo xlyax the bat man still deserves a top hat

🍁ChompingCat (Chomp)🍁

Posted 2021-02-10 09:32:36

This is a great update, the team is always so thoughtful about player feedback. Thank you!

Birdie

Posted 2021-02-10 09:32:53

Maybe out of touch, but I don't get the outrage over 150 sc.

1. Maybe this will help keep the market being overrun by ratty low stat "potential carrier" pups. You can't find much else in the sales forum for it.

2. Buyers confirmation is always a good thing.

3. Just doing your daily quest and selling to the raccoon every day will yield you at least 300 sc.... it is not half as hard as people are making out to be to earn sc.

4. The whole point of breeding mutations is for it to be a challenging project, is it not? Albinism and melanism breeding at this point seems awfully widespread and accessible at this current point. Anything that increases the guarantee and rarity of mutation pups should be seen as a positive, not a negative. 

Alyria

Posted 2021-02-10 09:33:02

Question - when the hunting spreadsheet talks about a "50 stat wolf" - I assume that means "has 50 in the relevant stat"? Or stats, for the roles that look at two different ones? Does it average em or add em?

🌿ɛlɛutheriahaswon🌿