Skip to main content
Main Content

Development Update #6

Posted 2021-02-10 09:20:36 (edited)

DragonsReach approves of these improvements.

RIP King Khepri. The secure button came too late to save you but may it protect many wolves going forward.

🐺WereDragonsWifie🐲

Posted 2021-02-10 09:20:36

Nice! Love it! 

Kneph

Posted 2021-02-10 09:22:42 (edited)

Just adding on shortly . . . I don't breed for anything else but Albinism. Why would I pay 150SC per wolf to find it carries genes I have no interest in, and be unable to make that currency back selling a carrier of a mutation I don't want...because wouldn't this whole system drop sales prices of mutation carriers? 

Edit : allow single lower price mutation scrying. because until they do i'm not able to use the new feature. it will crush my resources in less than 20 minutes...so now I'm basically stuck, not wanting to scry my project babies, and also not wanting to Explore at ALL because i dont want to run into any NBW's i'd be wasting 150SC on for mutations i don't care about. I'm literally frozen in my game because of this new feature LMFAO

Will have to go on a hiatus until this is improved (':

ᴘɪᴄ†ɪ

Posted 2021-02-10 09:22:49 (edited)

Everyone else has already said everything about it. SC is still hard to get. If I have a full litter of potential mutation carriers, testing all of them at 150 SC each would destroy my savings. Which is exactly a problem I have now. I've got 15 pups that I planned on scrying when they became adults. Now, I can't test them at all unless I want to spend 2,250 SC.

🥀ʀᴇɴ

Posted 2021-02-10 09:23:05

Thanks for the updates!

Interested to see how my hunting parties will be doing now!

Jay 🌿

Posted 2021-02-10 09:23:41

Good update! Thank you very much for this!

Gold

Posted 2021-02-10 09:23:57

will wolves who have had mutated offspring also get an update to their carrier status?

Catboy

Posted 2021-02-10 09:24:56 (edited)

Well I think the price is mostly fine. Maybe 75-100sc would be less of a steep climb, while still retaining the idea, along with a GC option. The price of mutated wolves has plummeted since both the apparition of tier III wolves and the discovery about the scrying stone.

It took me nearly four months to get my first carrier, as a non-casual (getting all 20 hunts a day at least, except on Saturdays) player who doesn’t buy GC with IRL money. I don’t think it’s unfair if it will take more time for a casual player to arrive to the same results in a longer time. After all, mutations are not a must to play the game. It’s not even a question of quality of life improvement.

Here, it’s mostly to avoid scamming. And maybe keep the muttie market boat afloat a little while longer, as mass breeders won’t be able to destroy the market as they please.

Posting this at the risk of getting hate. I’m going to unsubscribe from the topic anyway, I don’t want to get spammed with notifs!

Other than that, I’m very happy about the hunting update! I’m very excited to test it out!

TheGuardian

Posted 2021-02-10 09:25:08

I have to agree. 150SC for one wolf is FAR too much.

I get that this way it's 100% confirmed, but given we still have no way to efficiently make SC, it's just too much.
I usually scried 5-7 times, which was 50-70SC per wolf. I will now have to pay 80-100SC more per wolf - and I scry a lot. Most people, who will use this mechanic, are people who scry A LOT of puppies. This is... very heartbreaking, given the overall idea of this mechanic is fantastic and much wanted.

I cannot afford the price of this feature, despite constantly using the previous method. I absolutely appreciate the implementation of the feature, I really do, but I really hope the price will be lowered decently to more reflect what we paid previously.

Rapirisu ✦ Mutie Breeder

Posted 2021-02-10 09:25:24

I agree with ideas like KC's and Mulch's for multiple gene scries

Have the 150 or so sc one be for all mutations at once, and maybe a 50 or so sc slot for each individual mutation. Maybe more or less on each to even the price out for every lethal mutie to be included in the price, if a breeder is only trying to scry for one mutie its way too hard to scry every wolf/pup they want for one mutation they actually want to see, which is why the old system worked just fine

The idea you can scary pups and get an official mark is great tho, love that 👌

Katkateu