Skip to main content
Main Content

pronoun changes?

Posted 2021-05-22 18:43:59 (edited)

I merely said “Support” so I’ll like to add why I support this <3

I see showing more support for trans people (and wolves) as only a good thing! A large part of this game is building your own lore, your characters, and in many ways is a form of creative expression. As many people have already been using various pronouns for their wolves, it would enrich the experience to allow players to set pronouns so that flavour text is accurate to their characters and their vision. With the past and current history of hostility towards trans people, this little change goes some way to show support.

This site is as much —or even more— about customization and lore to some people as it is about breeding. Since you can change a wolf’s name, biography, markings and base to suit your vision, changing pronouns regardless of the assigned sex would be a nice addition to that. Supporting the creativity of players can only enrich the experience. It would make me, personally, more likely to recommend this site to my friends since pronoun-changing is a very rare thing to find on pet sites and it would make Wolvden feel a bit more comfortable, unique and fun.

Wraith

Posted 2021-05-22 18:56:33

Support! Feel like this would be really cute especially when people have lore for their pack

🐸AngyFrog🐸

Posted 2021-05-22 18:57:37

I support this idea! I think it would be great flavor text to have the wolves be their desired gender like when they go out for hunts or the hearbalist comes back from foraging. I don't recall exactly where but I know some say they/them (scouts I think?) And it would be neat to have it be more consistent!

Maybe there could be a pronouns toggle in their settings page? And by default it would be to their assigned gender (whether from birth or sex changer) but you could select another option if you want!

I think this is a good suggestion because there are already custom decors of a wolf holding a sign that says she/her and such so it would be a nice little addition to make those part of the game.

And honestly I think this would lessen confusion! If the pronouns are visible on the settings page it's really easy to identify a public stud in a pack because you can only have one and they have their own separate icon. Sometimes I see a stud with a female-sounding name and I don't know what pronouns to use when I refer to them, so it would be really nice to see which ones they prefer so I don't misgender them accidentally.

Anyways, full support!

Zea

Posted 2021-05-22 19:08:02 (edited)

Great idea! I would support a per user global neutral language toggle and/or the ability to display diff pronouns for a wolf just to the player (thus avoiding issues of confusion for other players, or for newer players browsing the site.)

unsknown

Posted 2021-05-22 19:19:04

This would be wonderful!

Starling 🏳️‍🌈

Posted 2021-05-22 19:24:49

I would like to use this, the suggestions forum, the forum that the devs added for this purpose, suggesting changes to the site, to leave a comment to say I think this would be a great idea and I support it! :) I definitely have wolves I would use it for, but honestly even if I didn't I think it's such a great thing to have open as an option!

Den

Posted 2021-05-22 19:50:26

I 100% support. Would definitely be a great quality of life addition, even if it wasn’t site wide I’d love it on a wolf's page as someone with a trans stud

Loafhound

Posted 2021-05-22 20:12:32 (edited)

Hi, all. :) Thank you for your patience while we cleaned up this topic. It was temporarily locked while we tidied everything up. All off-topic and argumentative posts have been scrubbed out. Let's please remember to stay respectful towards all players, even if you do not agree with their opinions or input. We'd also like to take a moment to remind everyone of the Game Development Guidelines, particularly bullet 8, which states:

"When posting on suggestion topics, you are expected to post constructive replies only. Comments that simply state "I support" or "I don't support" will be removed. Players are encouraged to discuss the suggestion itself and provide constructive criticism if they disagree with it or dislike it."

We ask that you please refrain from commenting "I support" or "I don't support"—these posts will be removed without warning as they do not add anything to the suggestion itself. All suggestion topics are expected to stay on topic, so let's also avoid derailing the topic to comment on unrelated matters.

This member is a Moderator. This is a moderator post.

This member is a Moderator. Moderator
Posted 2021-05-22 20:21:26

alright, ty mods! 

appears my old comment was deleted due to not giving enough input, apologies! i forgot about that rule but i'll be sure to read over them again :) 

full support!! i'd love to have my trans wolves have the game use their pronouns correctly <3 even just having a spot on a wolf's page designated to write their pronouns would be amazing so that other players can see it and use the correct pronouns, as most players don't look in the wolf's bio (/nm to the last part)

smajdfi

Posted 2021-05-22 20:26:20

giving my support! i think itd be lovely as public or private, as public can be put unobtrusively beside or just under the name, with a divider between it and the footnote or something! could even optional in the same way footnotes are for anyone a little overwhelmed by denpage info, but also allowing other users to easily find the pronouns without users having to specify when sharing the wolf :D

liz thamnophis

Search Topic