Skip to main content
Main Content

pronoun changes?

Posted 2021-05-22 20:57:26

I love the idea of putting it next to the tagline w/ a divider, stops there from being a kinda redundant info area if you don't want to choose pronouns for wolves (i assume most wolves would prolly end up left default bc breeding fodder, non-lore packs etc) but lets it be officially displayed w/o hiding it in the bio. Or ig the area could just not display if none are specified.

The one place I wouldn't want it to be is in brackets next to the wolf's sex, just the phrase "Female (he/him)" etc just feels kinda ehhh. Like sex seems more neutral and reproduction-focused when not associated to the pronouns, UI wise.

I also wouldn't mind if it was for the player only. ^v^

unsknown

Posted 2021-05-23 11:19:25

I support this because I'd personally use this feature a lot

Nervosa

Posted 2021-05-25 18:31:44

While I personally don't fully understand the trend of making animals trans, I cast some support to this idea. There are people out there who are trans or have friends who are and would love to be able to have their wolves represent that community. Even people who aren't trans girl could easily use the feature for the purposes of lore. For example, a wolf that is assigned as a stud due to his looks and stats that identifies as female might have a rather interesting backstory and views. Why would he agree to studding? Is it pack obligation, or by choice?

Wolves also wouldn't necessarily identify as trans to go by different pronouns than those of their biological sex. Feeding into use for lore could be pack structure. I personally would like to officially make my male herbalist's go by feminine pronouns because in my pack's lore, all herbalist's are, by default, considered females and are treated as such in every aspect of pack society and thus never allowed to stud. A male who wishes to become an herbalist must accept this fact or give up the role to either a born female or a male who will accept ”becoming” a female.

So all in all, I support this idea.

Phantom

Posted 2021-05-28 23:37:44

support, mostly.

i don’t see anything wrong with the idea, it just seems hard to code? like, i know legit nothing about coding, programming, etc. but trying to wrap my head around implementing custom pronouns to specific wolves sounds complicated, especially for like neopronouns (ex: ex/xir) and the like. i mean, i can barely understand them myself, can only imagine what it’ll be like for a program. but again, i know nothing about all of that stuff, just tossing my two cents in.

i can understand the importance it’ll have for others, so, if there was a way for it to be added, that’d be cool, just as long as it’s possible and wouldn’t make the devs rip out their hair in frustration. from what i’ve seen in other replies, it seems like it’d be easily done, but again, i don’t know much about this stuff so.

PhillyCheeseSteak

Posted 2021-05-29 04:51:37

SUPPORT, I love this suggestion!

LynxOfWood

Posted 2021-05-29 05:43:48

@PhillyCheeseSteak It could be like using the same code for names, pretty much, if they choose to allow for users to input their own pronouns! Or rather even just a select menu of "he/she/they", similar to the pack role selection. The various codes they could use are already implemented in the site itself, it'd just affect different areas of the flavor text! 
I also don't know much about code, but that's how it's been explained to me by my coding friends :D 

Goose

Posted 2021-05-29 16:01:44

Support! Would be a nice lore/rp feature

Rydiante

Posted 2021-05-30 12:30:19

I support kinda but also I do not want this to open up the world of "oh we have to have this gender and this and this one and this one" because the LGBTQ+ Community has invented so many genders a lot of the non-lgbtq+ can't keep up anymore. No offense to you guys. 

I support the making your wolf whatever pronouns of he/she/they but none others. After that it can get confusing for the people outside the box if that makes sense. 

All love to the LGBTQ+ community though. 

† Salem Trials †

Posted 2021-05-30 12:54:25

Support this wholly!

It would be super nice being able to write my kiddos out as the gender they are and have that represented in the flavor text, no matter what pronouns they use!

Rose

Posted 2021-05-30 12:57:46

I full-heartedly support this, it would be very useful for those of us with studs that don't use he/him pronouns

Really a great quality of life feature- it would harm no one & be helpful for many. I hope this gets implemented!

Custom pronouns could be really easy too, I think. 

RootBeerBog

Search Topic