Skip to main content
Main Content

Community Update #132

Posted 2024-03-09 03:21:22
Perhaps Eranthis could ask a question during the intro bit along the lines of "What are you looking for in a partner?" with answers along the lines of "Someone who likes me for me. (Dateable NPC pool becomes limited to wolves interested in your chosen gender.)" and "I'm open to anyone! (All dateable NPCs will be available regardless of your chosen gender.)"

Something as simple as that could give people who like the preferences and people who don't what they want from the event, I think.

Raditz

Posted 2024-03-09 03:51:47
hmm problem with that idea is it would give the latter a very unfair advantage against the former, currency and item wise.

☘️ [Slow] Kaziah (Kaz)

Posted 2024-03-09 05:42:50
I mean, until there is an even amount for all gender choices, there isn't really a question of actually doing this anyway, is there?

Because it would just be a repeat of the first year and would bring back the problems we had that made them open up the pools this year in the first place...

And I don't see that being fixed anytime soon since the gaps have only grown with the addition of the new NPCs this year
🌷TreyπŸ›πŸ¦‹

Posted 2024-03-09 06:15:31 (edited)
There's only one enby exclusive NPC, compared to 7 for female and 6 for male. Also, for all unlockable NPCs, there's 23 for males and females but only 18 for enbies :(

Every single lead wolf of mine has been enby and will always be exclusively enby so that's pretty rough, also no NB exclusive wolves were added at all this year so unless they add 6 NPCs that are exclusively for NB wolves to date and no others... I don't see it being super fair. And that'd be pretty boring for people who have binary wolves and played any previous events.

[🌈] Aspen !!

Posted 2024-03-09 06:21:25 (edited)
Agreeing with all the points regarding the NPCs having preferences. It's fine as a one-time thing but it honestly feels odd to have it as a permanent thing. An NPC who is gay should not be interested in my female wolf. We've had the opportunity to date all the NPCs, making it permanent is unnecessary.

In addition, I would love to see more queer representation and enby representation.

β˜… Atmospheric β€’ she/her

Posted 2024-03-09 08:35:54
Again, only if there is an even amount of NPCs for each gender choice. Plus, from what I understand there will be a last batch of NPCs added next year, which I am cautious abou to make it locked again because I fear that the gaps will grow again then.
🌷TreyπŸ›πŸ¦‹

Posted 2024-03-09 08:48:03 (edited)
Agreed, I hope they do even it out. I was kinda alluding to that when I mentioned more representation, but I have noticed that.

β˜… Atmospheric β€’ she/her

Posted 2024-03-09 09:14:36 (edited)
My opinion hasn't really changed from before the event: I prefer there being a tangible difference between years, depending on your choices. I prefer the NPCs being gender-locked, so each year I can choose a different gender for my lead to identify as, and see different art and personalities on the dating screen.

As it is, I unlocked every dateable other than two of the Lunar ones, so next year the only difference will be the order and any new ones that are added.

TBH it doesn't affect my gameplay too much other than who I see, though. Because I treated it more like a standard dating game and just picked one to go all the way with, only going on dates with the others for currency. I liked that how good the date/gift was made no effect on the currency amount, so I could go on neutral or bad dates/give neutral and bad gifts to balance the affection out to where I wanted it to stay. Wolves my wolf wouldn't date due to his own gender preference stayed neutral, wolves he would date got varying amounts of hearts depending on how much he liked them, wolves that matched his gender preference but he disliked for other reasons got negative affection, and then there's the aforementioned one that went all the way and got the decor for.

I would prefer if the NPC gender preference was visible from the start, though. I heavily considered switching my (male) lead's love interest to Violet once I unlocked her, as she ticked all the boxes for my lead's interests, appearance-wise. But I had to find out through looking her up in a guide what her preferences were, since she didn't reveal them to my lead until near-last. If I went in blind, that'd be pretty awkward to learn after nearly maxing her hearts that she's actually not interested in guys, and since that's something I want to respect for RP purposes, it means she's not eligible to be The One for a male lead.

If I continue this type of gameplay, even if they don't add any more NPCs, I'd still be able to have a different The One for years and years to come. But I'd still like the preferences to return, so the pool of NPCs is significantly different year by year.

Before

Posted 2024-03-09 10:36:55
NEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!
ari

Posted 2024-03-09 11:26:02
NEWSSS

Ebony