Skip to main content
Main Content

Hypothermia [Illness]

Posted 2021-07-08 05:02:48

Support! Could be great for cold biomes etc. Maybe it slowly whittles down the hp bar each RO and they only die once they reach 0? Perhaps it could also only be possible to get when exposed to the cold, ie can't get it randomly at RO in a hot biome, but may have a small chance of getting it after scouting a snowy biome? 

What would be the recipe for the cure? 🤔

bluerones

Posted 2021-07-08 14:49:24

A suggestion for crafting hypothermia remedies could be warmth compresses of sorts or a really warm soothing broth! You would need charcoal (to start a fire) and maybe like 3 or so herbs to craft the warmed up remedy! Or maybe use one nesting material to warm up the wolf while they rest up. It would be a good nesting material sink, I am personally SWIMMING in them and wouldn't mind spending some in remedies. 

Sinxerely | Slava Ukraini

Posted 2021-07-27 15:52:33
Hello.

As a reminder, per the Game Development Guidelines thread, please keep replies to a suggestion topic constructive, whether in support or opposition of the presented idea.  Comments that are simply things like "support/no support/yes/I agree/I like it" etc will be deleted.

Thank you.

This member is a Moderator. This is a moderator post.

This member is a Moderator. Moderator
Posted 2022-02-14 13:55:59 (edited)
I like it, and I like it more than your frostbite idea!

I didn't see this mentioned (sorry if it has), but heating up someone with hypothermia is a delicate and gradual process. I'd like to see the treatment reflect this and take a few hours -- maybe randomized 1-4? -- during which your herbalist is preoccupied curing the hypothermic packmate. They couldn't make any remedies or go foraging until finished, but you could still diagnose and treat other wolves.

The hypothermic wolf would not be able to be traded, gifted, chased (?), or put up for raffle during the procedure. There could be an option to cancel it, in case you need your herbalist for something or decide to get rid of the wolf. But the herbalist's energy is still used and you still lose the Medicine use, similar to cancelling a puppy training class c:

I also like the idea of charcoal being an ingredient for the cure!

I feel... iffy about requiring a nesting material, because they're a huge pain to craft... But if the crafting system gets redone, I think using a nesting material is a perfect idea since you have to insulate the surface under a hypothermic person IRL!

The item could be "Medicine: hypothermia treatment kit", and its recipe would be 3 charcoal + 1 nesting material. Once you use it on the wolf, the herbalist begins the 1-4 hour procedure to cure it c:

BeastOfTheyRoad

Posted 2022-06-16 19:45:15
add a new herb a pepper of some sort... for hypothermia something that at least feels hot, and the other suggestions for frostbite,
possibly active pup sitters are immune to it since well they have a warm puppy pile on paw. a cure could be to set the afflicted wolf as an active pup sitter. Maybe just set them in a den with other wolves... wolves without dens being able to catch it since they are out in the open. It'd be interesting to have an illness cured by something like that...
Wulfraptor

Search Topic