Skip to main content
Main Content

Let Us Scry Regardless of Age! (maybe gender too?)

Posted 2021-01-06 16:00:22

"Scrying regardless of gender? It's not a matter of time in this case. You need to pay for Sex Changer, a lot of them if you want to scry every possible pair. Allowing to scry regardless of gender would defeat the purpose of having genders assigned to pups when they're born."

In regards to this, you're scrying to see what sort of pups you could get out of a pair. If you like it, you still have to buy a sex changer so that you can actually breed them and get these pups. It doesn't defeat any purpose at all. Instead of spending the 3GC per sex changer, then scrying them only to find out they don't make good pups, it would save people 3GC to be able to see right off the bat, then make the decision if it would be worth it to spend the 3GC or not. I'm struggling to see how this defeats any purpose of assigning genders to pups when they're born.

As for the mutations, I agree that this would hurt the market for mutations, and I'm struggling to come up with a solution myself for this. I agree that removing the possibility to even scry mutations would give those that have mutations now an unfair advantage and they could increase the already high prices even more.

There could be the potential to have 2 different parts to the scry - scrying just to see what bases/markings you'd get, and scrying to see what mutations you could get. The normal scrying would work as it does now, but does not show any mutations when scrying. It would still cost the 10SC per scry, and only show the wolves with normal looks. The second scry would cost I'd say anywhere between 50-75SC per, or even more as usually the people who are regularly breeding mutations have the currency to cover this without it hurting their balance too much. That one would give you the chance to see if you have carriers or not at the normal percentage rate it does now with the scry, but costs more than your normal scry. It could be the equalizer to the lack of work/resources you'd put in to raise a pup to adult and then scry it for the 10SC.

smimley

Posted 2021-01-06 16:34:52

I meant that if you scry regardless of gender, it'd make use less Sex Changers which makes scrying a lot cheaper there, quite too much, because it's just 0-3GC cost per pup you want to raise.

I had something in mind about two separate parts of scry as you describe - one for normal looks and second for potential mutations.

Dżanek

Posted 2021-01-06 16:36:10 (edited)

I agree with smimley 

Note to Devs: Sorry about this, but i wanted to clear up something and again LD is a perfect example, i'm not really comparing it, just using it to explain something better. 

I'll go ahead and say that LD already has a Scry stone just like WD and if you don't play LD then you don't know what the stone does so i'll explain 

* we can Scry a pair that is Any gender and age

(This is very handy and we love that about LD's stone compared to WD's stone as it is now. on LD we never have to sex change a cub Just to test it which i don't know where that nonsense came from but it better bury itself here and now like a bad Crappypasta story cuz of course no one is gonna want that and that is not what this thread is about.)

* Scrying only is for base and markings results of a pairing as the Devs Never once allowed mutations to Ever be shown when first introduced on LD 

(I'm glad for this though honestly even though i care less if any of my animals have a chance at passing a Mutie or not)

This is why i'm actually against letting the stone show mutation results along with it as of right now. I just want to Scry Pups and Adols similar to LD. Many here will agree that WD's stone is messed up and broken in that regard. I even still speak with my fellow testers on Discord now and then and even they say the stone is kinda odd as well as the RNG for the game. 

Edit: Dżanek 

even though you're clarifying, you're not making sense still. Then again i'm on the sister site as well and am not sure if you play it as well but that thinking makes no sense no matter how you explain it. I read ya but don't get it. 

Sorry ^ ^; 

Fangx

Posted 2021-01-06 17:32:10

I actually think it'd make more people use sex changers more often if they knew the male would pair well with their breeding male, or another stud they're eyeing, thanks to scrying. Even though I have a pretty male, I would not waste 3GC, as little as that may seem to some, to sex change him only to find out he does not make pretty pups, despite being quite the looker himself. If I could scry him first, and find he makes pretty pups with certain studs, I would be much more inclined to sex change him.

The only reason right now I buy sex changers is if it's a male that has a marking/base I'm breeding for and that's all I want. I have a breeding project right now for certain markings, and if I get a male pup that has a marking I'm looking for, I'll buy the sex changer regardless of how his pups turn out so that I can use him to breed to a male as a female and pass on those markings to further my project process. I'm hesitant to buy sex changers just because he's pretty because I've had it happen numerous times now where I'll invest time, effort, resources, and even sometimes GC into raising a pretty pup, only to find out once they're old enough to breed that they make pups that I personally think are ugly. For a game where this currency is hard to come by/easily spent due to the high cost of some stuff as a result of it still being a relatively new game and the economy needing time to settle, I want to save every bit of currency I can, SC or GC. Being able to scry regardless of gender, adult or pup, can help me to save my GC on if it would truly be worth it to sex change the wolf.

smimley

Posted 2021-01-07 01:16:10 (edited)

Fangx Scrying regardless of age bypasses 24 RO cooldown which is raising a pup to become an adult. It means you don't have to wait 24 ROs to scry - you can scry now.

Scrying regardless of gender bypasses 3 GC cost which is Sex Changer price that allows to scry certain pair restricted by the same gender. I don't think players should be allowed to scry regardless of gender. If they're really determined to match a pair restricted by the same gender, they're supposed to use Sex Changer.

Edit:// Also, I realized that the value of SC is getting higher. It looks like community is in dire need of SC. Implementing this idea would encourage players to sink even more SC for scrying, so I think it should be postponed until ways to produce more SC are introduced.

Dżanek

Posted 2021-01-07 06:48:36

Yes, I'd like to scry now rather than wait what is essentially an entire month feeding a pup I could have sold or chased and potentially waste adult slots for the sole sale of checking.

Theres really no good reason to not be able to scry things that aren't pups or of opposite gender. On this games sister site you already can and have been able to for quite some time. Realistically most people are not going to pay for a sex changer just to scry so even if you say "well they're supposed to" it doesn't mean anything because that's ultimately a waste. Furthermore it would allow people to get a better sense of whether or not a pup for sale would be a solid fit for projects rather than hoping it is. To be honest theres no logical downside to more expansive scrying from a player standpoint

RawrForInitiative

Posted 2021-01-07 07:35:20 (edited)

@Dżanek *cue blank face*.... I disagree on one side of your thinking but I do agree we need more ways to make SC.

I'm too used to playing Lioden and hate the idea of Not being allowed to scry a what if pairing to see if I even want to keep a wolf who'll take up valuable space and my resources management if that wolf fails to give me an idea of good babies then what good is keeping them?  I'd be happy once we have our karma system in since normally I kill off those I don't want of have failed me tbh (you can tell what side I'm playing for Lioden lol) 

But still,  the game is young and still needs work. We should be a bit more patient since Devs can only do so much for a young game and they have Lioden to work on as well. 

I agree with Rawr

Fangx

Posted 2021-01-07 08:04:11

I support. I think the limits on scrying are a bit odd to begin with.

RatherRabbit

Posted 2021-01-07 10:37:57

Okay, so, we need to have more ways to gain SC. Let me go into this then.

First thing - if I can scry regardless of sex I actually will be more inclined to buy GC so I can sex change the pups that make a good pair. Because, hey, I get a nice pair and nice pups and can determine if I want to use resources on keeping them. This also allows me to SAVE resources when I decide to not keep/sex change. And those saved resources? I can sell them to the raccoon and get so much needed SC.

Second thing - keeping wolves until then will start causing more stress on the server (let's agree, Wolvden still has times of time outs and heavy lags and a lot of users coming each day), the more users the more lags and time outs because there will be more wolves and more information stored. Which calls for:

a) the karma system so we can kill/reserve without saving records of the wolves, so freeing server from some strain

b) a way of deciding who we want to keep and getting rid of the ones we do not want faster/sooner - and that is something that scrying pups will help with. I won't be going and crying that 200 territory slots is not enough because I need all my wolves to grow up before I can get rid of them by using scrying to determine who to keep and who to yeet if I can do it before and just have it done before it becomes a problem.

To be honest the only thing I can see this being stopped by is the fact that so far we can only chase wolves, which still causes strain on the server, because we chase adults and they go into the explore to be claimed, at least some, as we cannot scry before then. I don't know if the pup/adolescent data is removed when they are chased, but if yes - let us scry them regardless of sex and age, so they can be chased and deleted if they do not fit our needs. And if they do fit them - so we can actually see ourselves buying GC and using it to sex change and pretty them up.

Khajiit

Posted 2021-01-07 16:11:25

Yes, please!  I hate the idea of hoarding a bunch of pups that could carry a mutation but with no way to tell for almost a month. I can see how scrying pups might make the prices for mutation carriers go up, but that just makes them so much more special to get ahold of.

Halconera