Skip to main content
Main Content

Community Update #86

Posted 2023-03-31 18:41:06

NEWSSS :] - I Wonder What The Next Development Update Will Be

πš‚πš πšŽπšŠπšπš’πšπš˜πš‹πš˜πš

Posted 2023-03-31 19:03:41
Y'all did Tala and Oaken so wrong. Best quality art, but put in such weird positions.

Jusdreiin

Posted 2023-03-31 19:13:35
Not to dunk on the new raffle stud but

Food?

Posted 2023-03-31 19:44:24
For me: cataclysms > lunar event > matchmaker > Coigreach

Everything about cataclysms was fun. It just went really hard from the beginning with (!) all over the map and cryptid attacks, and I loved that it was a battle-focused event. I also enjoyed siding with a faction (I picked Merged, which was apparently an unpopular choice, but I'm all for the edgelord aesthetic). Poll-wise I feel like it's probably underrepresented because not everyone has been playing since August.

The lunar event gameplay has gotten kind of stale for me, but the bases/marks are fantastic which makes up for it. The art team has really been doing a great job lately - Cynthia and Nightchill are both among my favorite all-time bases.

Matchmaker was fun/cute, not a whole lot to say but I did enjoy it.

Coigreach is the only event that I'm not a big fan of. The second half of the plot really soured the whole thing for me.
Most of it was focused on avoiding the problem by researching herb paste, instead of trying to actually solve the problem by taking the fight to the Faelcu. Then, when we finally met the Faelcu, my lead was a total wuss who just acquiesced in anything the Faelcu said. To be clear, I don't mind a principled stance of "Screw the rest of the world, I will keep myself and mine safe and sacrifice everything else to do it." BUT that was not how it was presented - my lead was just like "we have no choice :( we gotta do what they say :((" It was very disappointing to me. Maybe this year's plot was just like a filler episode and next year is when we actually do fight and destroy the Faelcu - here's hoping!

Lionel

Posted 2023-03-31 19:51:15
I'm not going to vote since I haven't done the rest of the events yet, but Matchmaker was pretty cute. I can't wait to try the others.

Thalath

Posted 2023-03-31 20:15:52
ooh tough poll! Very close between Matchmaker and Cataclysms for me. Both were I ton of fun and I got probably too invested xD

Skift

Posted 2023-03-31 22:07:46
I haven't done all the events yet but out of the ones ive done, definitely coigreach or cataclysms

βœ©Ν―β€’Ν™Ν™ Mia β€’Ν™Ν™βœ©Ν―

Posted 2023-04-01 03:24:09
Nice April fools prank xD

ouah 𓏗𓏗

Posted 2023-04-01 04:00:28 (edited)
yay!!! news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
McCow01

Posted 2023-04-01 06:02:12
I have participated in all kinds of events and I'm gonna compare them accordingly. Speaking about commonalities, every event seems to be great at the start but they take too long time and it might become monotonous. All event currencies are obtainable through explore, I'm looking for unique one where we won't get them from exploring even though I'm a player who explores a lot. And event currency can be exchanged for decors and apps, I don't mind them though I'm not keen of these apps colors (I prefer natural looking ones) but looking forward to more ways of spending event currency.

I'm going to rate the events putting a high weight on the mechanics and balance. My ranking is the following:

The Matchmaker - while art and flavor text can be the greatest ones that can be encountered during events and achievements related to this event are very well thought of, mechanically this event leaves a lot of be desired. The event is focused on two minigames that are unrelated to each other and unrelated to anything outside, just rewarding the event currency, which hasn't been balanced well. Event related items have not had satisfactory purpose.Coigreach - I'd have put it in better place if I hadn't agreed with Lionel. But actually Lionel is right - the story looks like potential battling but there's no battle actually. Also, there are items serving no purpose from the first year that still have served no purpose this far and another item serving no purpose was added - why adding them? I liked the art though, even though the newest part seems drawn a bit differently.Mini Event: Halloween - there's a fancy item that can fill or deplete one of wolf currents bar. Nothing else to say about, glad this event was made short.Lunar Dreams - putting it higher than initially expected even though we're getting it too much. I'm not very keen of most of the artwork but I like the extended exploring content with exclusive enemies. It contains items that have been available during a single event and most items are generally held on high value.Mini Event: December Gifting - maybe I'd put it in worse place if I didn't gift at all. Way to deplete my currency and valuable assets. Even though it's not developed and it's very simple. I rate it high for its uniqueness since it's the only event where we interact with other players!Cataclysms - there's no competition to this event - more enemies, incentive to explore all biomes, rotating quests with variety depending on the faction of our choice, progression bar depending on how the community is active. What else do we need?April Fools - I really like the ideas here. Glad you acknowledge monochrome theme as superior and want to share it with us.

I thought for a longer while how to rank 2nd-5th, this sector could look different with a shallow thought and even kept switching between 2nd and 3rd.

DΕΌanek