Skip to main content
Main Content

Community Update #54

Posted 2022-08-13 10:56:30
as much as i also want a breeding cooldown accelerator, i'm not sure how worthwhile it's application will be. my thoughts are that if each wolf has a max amount of litters, the item is essentially speeding through one of the more difficult aspects of the game: breeding goal pups. i would hesitate to add this item because it will devalue the wolf's breeding lifetime, as they will become unbreedable more quickly. i would also suspect that this would create more pup inflation, as a higher volume of rare pups are produced but not sought after.

some other potential items that players have discussed that i am interested in:

wolf attractor/repellent
•re-incentivizes NBW hunting and R&C, which is one of the largest community-led activities
•easier to accomplish wolf slaying quests and obtain crafting materials

trophy drop boost:
•yay crafting

Item I would like to propose:

Increased combo marking breeding rate.  It's dummy difficult and drains resources but god damn it i want the pretty color

i'll go through multiple wolf lifetimes trying to breed one damn mark and by the time i do someone has already dropped 100$ to apply it via RMA (no judgement)
yuli

Posted 2022-08-13 11:46:22
One more idea:

someone once suggested having an item that moves or swaps marking slots. it would be so clutch to move markings
yuli

Posted 2022-08-13 12:51:45
My biggest thought is that if they put a cooldown accelerator, it could only be balanced by somehow not adding additional litters to the wolf's lifetime.

For example, it adds the time to the next litter AND you need to have a regular litter before using another.

Wolf has 15 days on countdown. Wolf uses "speed up" item and has another litter. Next cooldown is 35 days, and you cannot skip this cooldown.

That's just in theory though. I can only compare it to a similar item in Flight Rising, the Swiftbrood Boon.

"When used, this item will reduce the breeding cooldown of a single eligible dragon by half of its maximum. It achieves this by borrowing time from their next breeding cooldown. Once the eggs are hatched, the affected dragon will have to then complete their breed's normal cooldown cycle plus the days originally removed by the boon. This only effects the cooldown immediately after using the item."

Slothie

Posted 2022-08-14 00:40:04
thank you for the news!

bambiroe [hiatus]

Posted 2022-08-14 06:53:32
an Item that increases NBW appearances. or an item that you can give a wolf before chasing it that ensures it goes into the chased pool. Maybe require said wolf to be two gen or more.
Quiet Voices

Posted 2022-08-14 16:02:06
Perhaps an item that increases the amount of EXP you win in a battle. Maybe give it three uses so you can have increased EXP for three battles. Then you have to buy another one.
Wolf Girl

Posted 2022-08-15 08:56:38 (edited)
I like the wolf attractor idea, but think it should be more general, i.e. an item that attracts a type group of enemy, canids / felids / mustelids.

Edit: didn't realize that idea was meant for NBWs but if the NBW-attractor is implented, I think it should also attract wolves to battle! >]

🌠 𝑄'Ꮚ𝘺𝘳𝘥𝘸𝘶𝘭𝘧 🌌

Posted 2022-08-15 10:14:10
I would enjoy attracting NBWs to fight rather than do anything else with them.

Dżanek

Posted 2022-08-16 11:32:43
when will the color applicator be added so we can use it on puppies we adopt from the enclave for certain quests i click on puppies to see their genes but i can't see their genes unless i adopt them its hard to tell if i'm picking the right puppy or not
ruby

Posted 2022-08-18 18:32:19 (edited)
how about a generation remover? like when you use it it would wipe all the family info from the selected wolf so it is first gen?

Or for something simpler, it could remove the first 5 gen from  the chosen wolf.

It could be a grove item (with very high price)

✨starthealphawolf💫