Skip to main content
Main Content

Community Update #54

Posted 2022-08-12 11:53:16
I would love to see event related poses! "Celebrating" a happy, jumping pose, would be great for around the holidays! Or even Some extra facial expressions.

Emi Wolvesbane

Posted 2022-08-12 11:55:56
id love a wd version of CRB!

Silverrfire

Posted 2022-08-12 12:16:24
It'd be cool to have items that significantly boost your chances of encountering specific enemies/higher levels of those specific enemies. Or really anything that helps get Crafting supplies, even if it's a bundle of random trophies or something.

Before

Posted 2022-08-12 12:18:20
Or an item that boosts Chased NBW chance!

Slothie

Posted 2022-08-12 12:36:21
Energy items would be great. Maybe red bulls and roasted lambs
Ζ†hemaa

Posted 2022-08-12 12:50:05 (edited)

If We Do Get Weather Based Encounters I Would Love It Where Your Wolf Gets To Roll In Mud!

πš‚πš πšŽπšŠπšπš’πšπš˜πš‹πš˜πš

Posted 2022-08-12 13:07:53 (edited)
Boosters for breeding/finding a chased/getting a mutation are all nice in theory but would absolutely tank the market even more than it currently is. Not the best thing to add to the game at least at this moment

Edit. I would love an xp boost though! Or something that lets you control the stat distribution upon level up since now it's a bit random and not always the most beneficial.

Ivalo

Posted 2022-08-12 13:24:23 (edited)
Mutation boosters they work really well in Lioden!

Also they would not break the market mutations especially lethals are incredibly hard to get on lioden and they have several options to increase the chances!

Theres a few food items + double uterus (more cubs per female) but the process is still painfully long.

SolarDeer

Posted 2022-08-12 13:29:29
Lioden does have a lot more things to breed for in general, maybe we need more bases/mutations/marks/eyes etc to fix the market, adding breeding boosters surely wouldn't help unless there's more stuff to breed for I'll take any new feature at the end of the day though

Ivalo

Posted 2022-08-12 13:29:48 (edited)
@Ivalo If the items were anything like Lioden's items, they would have minimal effect on the market - at least mutation-wise. While we don't know the %'s for mutations (for non recessive genes), it's incredibly minimal.

Right now there are around 360 Lethal Mutated pups in the game - I did round up my search results a bit to account for pups from blocked accounts. And that's in an entire almost 2 years of the game. I had a puppy born today with the ID 5191589. That's 1 in 14421 Pups are born with Lethal mutation - not considering the other mutations because those are recessive and I'm not sure how they'd work with items.

So say the item even slightly raised the chances of lethal mutations. Let's say it doubled it in theory, since I have no idea how Lioden's Cotton Root Bark works, the lowest chance mutation item. That changes the figure from 15 Pups a month, to maybe 30 pups a month. That would not tank the market since these pups are often kept by owners for their rarity, only trickling into the market from time to time. And since you can't breed the mutation down, there's no risk of people spam breeding them to make endless cash.

Of course, if the item was to be able to assign random Recessive Genes to a wolf, this might become a bit more of an issue. But over time, more mutations will be introduced. The game will balance itself out with some being rarer chance than others, and certain ones will always be saught after.

Also to quickly mention a chased NBW item. Many of the chased NBWs at the moment are just rechases. Maybe this problem will be solved a bit more when karma releases (if we can kill lions instead of chasing them), but in the current state of the game, there's no harm in letting people find an extra chased nbw here and there as long as it costs a fair amount of event currency - especially with the risk it might be a crap chased nbw.

In comparison, it's similar to RMA's. Sure, you might get a really good Raffle marking. Putting that raffle marking on your stud will spread the marking, and slowly raise the value of the marking. But it is a HUGE gamble. Everytime you use an item like this, you're just - if not more likely - to lose than win.

Slothie