• Mira is now level 13!
Early Autumn
  • All is quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Feren is now level 18!

Mid Autumn
  • All is quiet.
Deep Autumn
  • Kira is wounded on a hunt and will have a scar on her left front paw.
  • Level-ups
    • Kamila is now level 19!
    • Sandor is now level 16!

Late Autumn
  • All is quiet.
End of Autumn
  • Jan 7
  • Kira recovers from her wound.
  • Level-ups
    • Kira is now level 13!

January 2 - 7, 2023   

Researcher's Corner

Another quiet season for the pack. Kira was wounded in deep autumn and I was worried for her with the approach of winter, but she managed to recover at the end of the season.

The pups have grown larger now and have reached their long-legged lanky stage just in time for the approach of winter. They are hunting with the pack and learning the ropes but two of the pups spend a lot of time playing and exploring beyond the safety of the pack. It has not been typical in Greyfeather's history for pups to leave the pack when they reach adulthood, but I've seen it a few times now and I suspect this behavior is a sign that they may move on once they've made it through their first winter.

Chantaey

Posted 2023-01-14 13:09:34

Winter, Year 23

Year 2 of Gabriel's Reign

Greyfeather Pack Rendezvous

Alpha Gabriel

Alpha Chaser
1236 | L20 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Alpha Jin

Alpha Chaser
1289 | L20 | ♀︎
Unrelated

Chen

594 | L1 | ♀︎
6.1 (Gabriel)

Fu

592 | L1 | ♂︎
6.1 (Gabriel)

Fang

580 | L1 | ♀︎
6.1 (Gabriel)

Feren

Alpha Chaser
1161 | L18 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Kamila

Alpha Stalker
1151 | L19 | ♀︎
3.1.1 (Khushi)

Sándor

Alpha Finisher
1060 | L16 | ♂︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Khloe

βeta Stalker
978 | L14 | ♀︎
Unrelated

Kira

βeta Chaser
960 | L13 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Míra

βeta Chaser
958 | L14 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Start of Winter
  • All is quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Khloe is now level 14!
Early Winter
  • Jan 9
  • Alpha Jin is displaying symptoms of fleas.

Mid Winter
  • All is quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Mira is now level 14!
Deep Winter
  • All is quiet.

Late Winter
  • All is quiet.
End of Winter
  • The fleas have spread to Kira!
  • Young Hai is showing symptoms of the flu and is left behind by the pack.

December 15 - 20, 2022   

Researcher's Corner

In early winter a swarm of fleas infected the pack. It didn't seem to hinder them too much as they continued to hunt and the pack didn't react negatively to the infected members. The alpha female, Jin, was the first to show symptoms, and when she and Gabriel bred in deep winter they spread to him. Fortunately by the end of the season they had only spread to one other member, Kira, and spring always seems to be a strong season of recovery for them. Hopefully a good spring storm and a mud bath is all they need.

Sadly, one of the adolescent pups developed symptoms of the flu at the end of winter as well. Although she was not chased from the pack as other members have been in the past, the pack did not slow down or look for her when she fell behind. I expect the pack will be settling into their den site soon for the alphas' pups, so perhaps the lost pup will catch up to them.

Chantaey

Posted 2023-01-20 10:50:20

Spring, Year 23

Year 3 of Gabriel's Reign

Alpha Gabriel

Alpha Chaser
1240 | L20 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Alpha Jin

Alpha Chaser
1299 | L20 | ♀︎
Unrelated

Kai

595 | L1 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Jing

594 | L1 | ♀︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Yijun

590 | L1 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Ru

586 | L1 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Xinyi

579 | L1 | ♀︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Feren

Alpha Chaser
1206 | L19 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Kamila

Alpha Stalker
1204 | L20 | ♀︎
3.1.1 (Khushi)

Sándor

Alpha Finisher
1098 | L17 | ♂︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Khloe

βeta Stalker
1017 | L15 | ♀︎
Unrelated

Kira

βeta Chaser
997 | L14 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Míra

βeta Chaser
994 | L15 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Fang

βeta Finisher
693 | L6 | ♀︎
6.1 (Gabriel)

Start of Spring
  • Jin and Kira recover from the fleas, however they have spread to Khloe.
  • There was not enough food for the pack.
  • Level-ups
    • Feren is now level 19!
    • Sandor is now level 17!
    • Kira is now level 14!
Early Spring
  • Khloe no longer has fleas however they have spread to Sandor.
  • Alpha Jin is denning and will not help with the hunting today.
  • Level-ups
    • Kamila is now level 20!

Mid Spring
  • Gabriel no longer has fleas, however they have spread to Mira.
  • The alphas' second litter of pups is born.
  • The alphas' first litter of pups graduate, however both Chen and Fu have departed from the pack.
High Spring
  • Mira no longer has fleas.
  • Level-ups
    • Khloe is now level 15!
    • Fang is now level 2!

Late Spring
  • All is quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Mira is now level 15!
    • Fang is now level 5!
End of Spring
  • Sandor no longer has fleas but they spread to Kira.
  • Level-ups
    • Fang is now level 6!

January 14 - 19, 2023   

Researcher's Corner

Start of Spring - The pack may have been a little over-eager looking for big game--they weren't even able to catch enough to feed the whole pack. The growing adolescents, Chen, Fu, and Fang, were left hungry and only Alpha Jin, with her big pregnant belly, seemed energetic and in peak form.

Fortunately both Jin and Kira recovered from their flea infestation. Gabriel remains infected so hopefully it won't keep spreading around the pack!

Early Spring - I was excited to see our alpha female tucked into the pack's seasonal den. For the next couple weeks she will be less active in hunting with the pack, and they will not range as far through their territory looking for food. Puppies are coming soon!

In addition, it appears that Khloe is no longer suffering from the flea infestation, however the pests continue to spread and now seem to be plagueing Sandor, the finisher of the alpha hunting team.

Mid Spring - The puppies have arrived! There is clear excitement among the pack for the new arrivals though it will be some time before we get a good look at them. The alphas' last litter have also matured, and among the excitement of the new arrivals it seems two of them have departed the pack's territory, leaving only the red-toned female, Fang, with her family.

After decades within an established territory, it's possible we will begin to see departures more regularly. At least two other packs have been observed outside Greyfeather territory and for some young wolves the prospect of moving on to have their own adventures may be quite attractive. Hopefully they have learned everything they need to know from their family.

End of Spring - It appeared that most of the pack had recovered from the flea infestation, however here at the end of the season I caught sight of one of the pack's Beta hunting team, Kira, showing symptoms. Spring is certainly the best season for recovery, but hopefully she is able to get rid of them before they continue to spread.

Our alpha male Gabriel seems to have suffered from them more than any other members of the pack. He looks very bedraggled and lacks his usual energy. He continues to push the pack on hunts, however, and appears to be giving his all despite, perhaps, not having as much as usual to give. Let's hope he gets to looking better soon.

Chantaey

Posted 2023-01-27 14:24:33

Summer, Year 23

Alpha Gabriel

Alpha Chaser
1252 | L20 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Alpha Jin

Alpha Chaser
1310 | L20 | ♀︎
Unrelated

Kai

595 | L1 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Jing

594 | L1 | ♀︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Yijun

590 | L1 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Ru

586 | L1 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Xinyi

579 | L1 | ♀︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Kamila

Alpha Stalker
1213 | L20 | ♀︎
3.1.1 (Khushi)

Sándor

Alpha Finisher
1140 | L18 | ♂︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Khloe

βeta Stalker
1059 | L16 | ♀︎
Unrelated

Kira

Alpha Chaser
1041 | L15 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Míra

βeta Chaser
1001 | L15 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Fang

βeta Finisher
745 | L9 | ♀︎
6.1 (Gabriel)

Start of Summer
  • Kira no longer has fleas.
Early Summer
  • An encounter with a cougar leaves Alpha Gabriel with a large scar on his left eye.
  • Level-ups
    • Sandor is now level 18!
    • Fang is now level 7!

Mid Summer
  • All is quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Kira is now level 15!
    • Fang is now level 8!
High Summer
  • All is quiet.

Late Summer
  • Feren suffers severe heatstroke and is lost. Rest in peace.
  • Kira joins alpha hunting team to fill the empty chaser role.
End of Summer
  • All is quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Khloe is now level 16!
    • Fang is now level 9!

January 20 - 25, 2023   

Researcher's Corner

Start of Summer - Kira was fortunate enough to recover from her flea infestation at the beginning of summer and I saw no further signs of the pests among the pack.

Early Summer - The pack had yet another encounter with a cougar in this portion of the season and while none of the pack members were severely hurt, Alpha Gabriel did recieve a bad gash across his left eye. It seems he can still see out of it, however, and will only have a large scar.

Late Summer - Although not unheard of, we had another rare case of heatstroke within the pack this summer. We lost Feren, one of Alpha Gabriel's siblings and a more experienced member of the Alpha hunting team. Losses like this are sad and unexpected, but the pack has no choice but to continue on and us with them. Kira, a younger sibling of Gabriel and the more experience chaser from the Beta hunting team, has joined the Alpha team to keep it five members strong, leaving Beta team with a trying three members.

Chantaey

Posted 2023-02-09 14:47:49

Autumn, Year 24

Alpha Gabriel

Alpha Chaser
1264 | L20 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Alpha Jin

Alpha Chaser
1320 | L20 | ♀︎
Unrelated

Kai

600 | L1 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Yijun

597 | L1 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Ru

592 | L1 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Xinyi

584 | L1 | ♀︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Kamila

Alpha Stalker
1219 | L20 | ♀︎
3.1.1 (Khushi)

Sándor

Alpha Finisher
1191 | L19 | ♂︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Kira

Alpha Chaser
1080 | L16 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Khloe

βeta Stalker
1062 | L16 | ♀︎
Unrelated

Míra

βeta Chaser
1044 | L16 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Fang

βeta Finisher
771 | L10 | ♀︎
6.1 (Gabriel)

Start of Autumn
  • All is quiet.
Early Autumn
  • Fang is infected with ticks.
  • Level-ups
    • Mira is now level 16!

Mid Autumn
  • All is quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Fang is now level 10!
Deep Autumn
  • Jing has developed symptoms of distemper.
  • Mira is injured and has a new scar on her left hind leg.

Late Autumn
  • Alpha Jin is showing symptoms of mange.
  • Level-ups
    • Sandor is now level 19!
    • Kira is now level 16!
End of Autumn
  • Alpha Jin recovers from mange.
  • Sandor is infected with fleas.

January 26 - 31, 2023   

Researcher's Corner

Early Autumn - The pack had poor luck with hunting these last couple weeks, leaving several members looking a bit hungry. Their failed efforts and the added energy being put toward the pups has the pack looking a little on the tired side. The alphas in particular appear weary. Gabriel, who was looking quite haggard after his tick infestation, had recovered briefly only to seem to decline again, along with his mate, Jin, as they continued to fail hunts and prioritize their pups care.

Deep Autumn - One of the pups, Jing, has developed symptoms of distemper and appears to be growing weak quickly. Although the condition is very dangerous to the pack, the other members are not showing signs of aggression toward the pup. Sadly, she appears to be having difficulty keeping up with the pack and they show no signs of slowing down for her.

Late Autumn - The pack took down a large moose cow and gorged themselves. It's the perfect feast to prepare them for winter. Unfortunately I saw no sign of Jing feeding among them. I suspect she finally got left behind. Her chances of surviving on her own and recovering are low--it wouldn't be the first time a pup was lost and never seen again--but I'll continue to hold out hope for her.

End of Autumn - Although Alpha Jin was fortunate enough to have a quick recovery from the symptoms of mange she developed earlier in the season, the pack has seen a resurgence of fleas which could haunt them going into winter. Poor Sandor, the alpha team's finisher, is the carrier this time. Only time will tell how badly they spread.

Chantaey

Posted 2023-02-09 15:05:18

Winter, Year 24

Alpha Gabriel

Alpha Chaser
1267 | L20 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Alpha Jin

Alpha Chaser
1330 | L20 | ♀︎
Unrelated

Kai

609 | L1 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Jing

604 | L1 | ♀︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Yijun

603 | L1 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Ru

600 | L1 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Xinyi

591 | L1 | ♀︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Kamila

Alpha Stalker
1228 | L20 | ♀︎
3.1.1 (Khushi)

Sándor

Alpha Finisher
1200 | L19 | ♂︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Kira

Alpha Chaser
1085 | L16 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Khloe

βeta Stalker
1068 | L16 | ♀︎
Unrelated

Míra

βeta Chaser
1053 | L16 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Fang

βeta Finisher
796 | L11 | ♀︎
6.1 (Gabriel)

Start of Winter
  • Jing recovers from distemper and returns to the pack.
  • Sandor no longer has fleas.
  • Alpha Jin is infested with ticks.
Early Winter
  • Fang and Jin no longer have ticks.
  • Level-ups
    • Fang is now level 11!

Mid Winter
  • All is quiet.
Deep Winter
  • All is quiet.

Late Winter
  • All is quiet.
End of Winter
  • All is quiet.

February 1 - 6, 2023   

Researcher's Corner

Start of Winter - I cannot believe it. I wanted this and yet truly did not expect it. Jing, the pup that was left behind with symptoms of distempter last season, has returned to the pack. It appears she may have recovered, though truly her condition is so poor and she appears so very close to starving, it's difficult to tell for sure. The pack welcomed her, which is as good a sign as I can ask for. I hope she is able to recover--it truly looks like a harsh wind (of which there are plenty) could finish her off.

Sandor was fortunate enough to recover from the fleas during these two weeks, and they don't appear to have spread, however the ticks that young Fang, the beta team finisher, was infected with last season have spread to Alpha Jin. Both these pests seem to be an almost constant annoyance for the pack and Fang's time suffering with them has clearly begun to affect her condition.

End of Winter - I'm afraid I was unable to observe the pack during the rest of this season as I was unexpectedly pulled away from my post. However I can tell you that although the ticks disappeared early in winter, the pack's overall condition is desperately poor.

Jing, the pup that returned at the beginning of winter, remains in poor condition but alive. The rest of the pack seems to have joined her in her haggard and hungry state. I can honestly say I've never seen the pack as a whole in such a sorry state--it must have been a very difficult winter. I can only hope the bounty of spring will help them bounce back, however I suspect there will be no new litter from the alphas this spring as both of them look half-starved and Jin is likely in very poor condition to carry pups to term. What a very sorry state to return to.

Chantaey

Posted 2023-02-16 20:13:45

Spring, Year 24

Year 4 of Gabriel's Reign

Alpha Gabriel

Alpha Chaser
1282 | L20 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Alpha Jin

Alpha Chaser
1336 | L20 | ♀︎
Unrelated

Sándor

Alpha Finisher
1252 | L20 | ♂︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Kamila

Alpha Stalker
1240 | L20 | ♀︎
3.1.1 (Khushi)

Kira

Alpha Chaser
1131 | L17 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Khloe

βeta Stalker
1109 | L17 | ♀︎
Unrelated

Míra

βeta Chaser
1093 | L17 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Fang

βeta Finisher
828 | L12 | ♀︎
6.1 (Gabriel)

Jing

Scout
708 | L6 | ♀︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Kai

βeta Chaser
697 | L5 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Ru

βeta Chaser
689 | L5 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Start of Spring
  • All is quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Khloe is now level 17!
Early Spring
  • All is quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Kira is now level 17!

February 7 - 8, 2023   

Researcher's Corner

The pack has done nothing but eat since warmer weather brought easier prey. Truly it's incredible how much they can really eat when they are hungry. Fortunately they have the skilled hunters right now to bring down the prey they need to fill their bellies. For the first time this month I saw them leave some meat on a kill. Leftovers. It's possible they haven't had any meat left over since that large moose kill last autumn. I'm so happy to see them lazing about with full bellies. Their conditions are quickly improving and they're starting to look happy, healthy and sleek again. I wonder what happened that made last winter so difficult?

Mid Spring
  • All is quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Mira is now level 17!
    • Fang is now level 12!
    • Jing is now level 3!
    • Kai and Ru are now level 2!
High Spring
  • Fang is showing symptoms of influenza.
  • Level-ups
    • Jing is more level 4!
    • Kai and Ru are now level 3!

February 9 - 10, 2023   

Researcher's Corner

As suspected, there has been no sign of a new litter of pups arriving this season. Although it's possible that a litter may still come later, Jin shows no signs of pregnancy. I'm afraid we can be certain now that the harsh winter kept them from taking advantage of their breeding season this year.

However, having miraculously survived the harsh winter, the latest litter of pups have finally grown old enough to officially take on roles within the pack. As has become more common, a couple of the pups, Xinyi and Yijun, have departed from the pack to look for territory of their own. Two of the remaining three, however, have joined the beta team as chasers and are already working hard in their new roles and the third pup, Jing incidentally, has begun scouting the pack territory on her own. Perhaps her brief time alone this last autumn awoke a passion or curiosity in her?

With the two youngest members of the pack joining the beta hunting team, the secondary group saw some difficulties. As the pups are chasers, my hope is that hunting will improve quickly once they've spent some time together, but these few weeks I witnessed beta team finding nothing but small bite-sized critters to devour between hunts. Interestingly enough, the senior members of beta team opted to devour those morsels rather than share their kill with the alphas. Perhaps their latest hungry winter changed some attitudes toward small meals?

Fang also developed symptoms of influenza this season--something I truly dread seeing. Although strong and well-fed at the time, the pack still left her behind, or perhaps (though I saw no outright aggression toward her) chased her from the territory. Although it is becoming more common for sick members to be driven away or abandoned, it's something I truly hate to see. I can only hope she'll recover and find her way back to the pack.

Late Spring
  • Fang recovers from the flu and returns to the pack.
  • Level-ups
    • Sandor is now level 20!
    • Jing is now level 5!
    • Ru and Kai are now level 4!
End of Spring
  • Ru caught fleas!
  • Level-ups
    • Jing is now level 6!
    • Kai and Ru are now level 5!

February 11 - 12, 2023   

Researcher's Corner

Finally some good news this season! After only a week on her own I spotted Fang with the pack again. She appears to have recovered quickly and the pack has welcomed her back--I wish they were all so lucky! Ru, on the other hand, one of the pups from the latest litter, is showing signs of a flea infestation. Although not particularly dangerous on their own they are quite a nuisance for the pack. I suspect they'll clear up eventually but whether or not they start spreading among the pack is the real question.

Chantaey

Posted 2023-02-24 12:53:24

Summer, Year 24

Alpha Gabriel

Alpha Chaser
1286 | L20 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Alpha Jin

Alpha Chaser
1351 | L20 | ♀︎
Unrelated

Sándor

Alpha Finisher
1264 | L20 | ♂︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Kamila

Alpha Stalker
1255 | L20 | ♀︎
3.1.1 (Khushi)

Kira

Alpha Chaser
1177 | L18 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Khloe

βeta Stalker
1158 | L18 | ♀︎
Unrelated

Míra

βeta Chaser
1101 | L17 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Fang

βeta Finisher
867 | L13 | ♀︎
6.1 (Gabriel)

Kai

βeta Chaser
770 | L9 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Jing

Scout
757 | L9 | ♀︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Ru

βeta Chaser
757 | L9 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Start of Summer
  • All is quiet
Early Summer
  • All is quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Jing is now level 7!
    • Kai and Ru are now level 6!

Mid Summer
  • Ru recovered from fleas, however they spread to Kamila.
  • Mira was wounded and will have a small scar on her right eye.
  • Level-ups
    • Kira is now level 18!
    • Jing is now level 8!
    • Kai and Ru are now level 7!
High Summer
  • The fleas spread to Alpha Jin
  • Alpha Gabriel caught ear mites and is unable to hunt.
  • Level-ups
    • Fang is now level 13!
    • Kai and Ru are now level 8!

February 15 - 16, 2023   

Researcher's Corner

Not surprisingly, the fleas have remained a nuisance. Although young Ru appears clear now, Kamila, alpha team's stalker, and Alpha Jin now show signs of infection. Not only that but Alpha Gabriel appears to have picked up ear mites somewhere. Decidedly worse than fleas, ear mites are both very contagious and make a wolf so miserable they are generally unable to help the pack hunt.

After such a hard winter and no resulting pups this spring from the breeding season, I was hoping that Jin might go into another heat this summer. Although she has yet to show any sign of breeding I'm certain her second heat would be due sometime in late summer. However, I feel my hopes for even mid-year pups are unlikely; with both alphas infected with bugs I doubt they will be feeling well enough to try for a litter of pups unless they recover very quickly. Normally it would only be a matter of waiting for the next season to come around but Gabriel is over 6 years old now and nearing the end of his life. I have no certain record for Jin, but were I to go off of her size I would think she is older than Gabriel and may have even less time left for a last litter of pups. I'll be watching for their recovery closely--the pack has not grown a lot under Gabriel's rule and I truly hope the pack sees another litter of pups before these alphas pass on.

Late Summer
  • Kamila no longer has fleas but they have spread to both Fang and Khloe.
  • Level-ups
    • Kai, Ru and Jing are now level 9!
End of Summer
  • Mira recovers from her wound.
  • Fang no longer has fleas but they have spread to Sandor.
  • Level-ups
    • Khloe is now level 18!

February 17 - 18, 2023   

Researcher's Corner

The fleas continue to make rounds between the pack members which does not give me a lot of hope for recovery going into the colder months. Worse still, Gabriel continues to suffer from ear mites. Though they have not spread yet, these pests have proven in the past to be very likely to infect other pack members. I can only hold my breath and hope they clear up before it becomes a pack-wide issue.

Chantaey

Posted 2023-02-25 18:25:38

Autumn, Year 25

Alpha Gabriel

Alpha Chaser
1290 | L20 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Alpha Jin

Alpha Chaser
1358 | L20 | ♀︎
Unrelated

Sándor

Alpha Finisher
1269 | L20 | ♂︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Kamila

Alpha Stalker
1266 | L20 | ♀︎
3.1.1 (Khushi)

Kira

Alpha Chaser
1233 | L19 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Khloe

βeta Stalker
1168 | L18 | ♀︎
Unrelated

Míra

βeta Chaser
1150 | L18 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Fang

βeta Finisher
869 | L13 | ♀︎
6.1 (Gabriel)

Kai

βeta Chaser
819 | L11 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Ru

βeta Chaser
810 | L11 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Jing

Scout
807 | L11 | ♀︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Start of Autumn
  • Sandor no longer has fleas.
Early Autumn
  • Jin recovers from the fleas however they have spread to Mira.
  • Fang is now showing symptoms of ear mites.
  • Level-ups
    • Ru, Kai and Jing are now level 10!

February 19 - 20, 2023   

Researcher's Corner

With Jin apparently rid of the fleas that have been plaguing her the last several weeks, I can now see signs for certain that she is going through a mid-year heat. Gabriel, unfortunately, is still sick with the ear mites and appears to have no interest in his mate or anything else for the time being.

Worse still, the fleas continue to spread as quickly as the pack members can be rid of them, and it now seems that Fang, the alpha team's finisher, has caught the ear mites as well. With two members of alpha team unable to hunt, the pack may see fewer successful hunts, and with two members now carrying the mites ... well the chances of spread only increase. This is not a good start to autumn.

Mid Autumn
  • Khloe no longer has fleas, however the ear mites have spread to Sandor.
  • Level-ups
    • Mira is now level 18!
Deep Autumn
  • Gabriel and Sandor recover from ear mites.

February 21 - 22, 2023   

Researcher's Corner

Gabriel finally recovered from the ear mites and he finally took an interest in Jin, however I'm not sure it was in time to catch her heat before it ended. If there are pups it will likely be the end of autumn or early winter and not an ideal time for pups but we can only wait and see. I was hoping for one last litter, after all.

Late Autumn
  • Sandor caught ear mites again.
  • Level-ups
    • Kira is now level 19!
End of Autumn
  • The ear mites have spread to Alpha Jin and Khloe.
  • Kamila is wounded and will have a scar on her front paw.
  • Ru is wounded and will have a scar on his nose.
  • Level-ups
    • Kai, Ru and Jing are now level 11!

February 23 - 24, 2023   

Researcher's Corner

Although recovered earlier in the season, the mites spread to Sandor again. In addition, Alpha Jin and Khloe are now showing signs of infection. Currently Fang is still infested as well, and Kamila and Ru have suffered injuries recently which is also preventing them from hunting. Both alpha and beta teams are short three hunting team members now, although Kamila and Ru should be back to hunting after a little rest. Beta team in particular is short their stalker and their finisher and the last couple weeks have seen a noticeable decline in their hunting success. Mira is still suffering with fleas as well--I feel for the pack this season!

I can gladly say that despite the struggles the pack remains well-fed, at least for the time being. The members of alpha team still able to hunt are picking up the slack and having a smaller pack certainly makes it easier to keep everyone fed.

I've seen no signs that Alpha Jin is pregnant, but perhaps that is for the best this season. I'm not sure what to expect for the pack going into winter this year.

Chantaey

Posted 2023-03-07 14:24:19

Winter, Year 25

Alpha Gabriel

Alpha Chaser
1290 | L20 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Alpha Jin

Alpha Chaser
1367 | L20 | ♀︎
Unrelated

Sándor

Alpha Finisher
1281 | L20 | ♂︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Kamila

Alpha Stalker
1267 | L20 | ♀︎
3.1.1 (Khushi)

Kira

Alpha Chaser
1239 | L19 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Khloe

βeta Stalker
1224 | L19 | ♀︎
Unrelated

Míra

βeta Chaser
1201 | L19 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Fang

βeta Finisher
900 | L14 | ♀︎
6.1 (Gabriel)

Kai

βeta Chaser
881 | L13 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Ru

βeta Chaser
847 | L12 | ♂︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Jing

Scout
840 | L12 | ♀︎
6.2 (Gabriel)

Start of Winter
  • Sandor and Khloe recover from ear mites, however they have spread to Gabriel.
  • Kamila and Ru recover from their wounds.
Early Winter
  • Fang and Mira are free from their infestations, however the ear mites have spread to Kamila.

February 25 - 26, 2023   

Researcher's Corner

Kamila and Ru were back to hunting early this season which was fortunate considering the state of the hunting teams. The ear mites continued to move between pack members--some would appear to recover only for another to be infected. Gabriel caught them again early in the season--poor thing can't catch much of a break--and I don't hold a lot of hope that the pack will be rid of them before the end of winter.

Mid Winter
  • The ear mites have spread to Kira and Ru.
  • Level-ups
    • Fang is now level 14!
    • Kai and Jing are now level 12!
Deep Winter
  • Alpha Jin and Ru no longer have ear mites, however they have spread to Fang.
  • Level-ups
    • Khloe is now level 19!
    • Ru is now level 12!

February 27 - 28, 2023   

Researcher's Corner

As the ear mites continued to spread in mid winter Alpha team was left with only Sandor, and later Alpha Jin, able to hunt. They did their best on their own but as Sandor was one of the pack's finishers, and Jin a skilled chaser, they were not particularly skilled at finding game. They caught what they could find, at least, even if it only amounted to a few mouth fulls. Beta team had better luck and, being only one member short during a fortunate break in team infestation, were able to bring down a moose. The kill was enough to feed the entire pack and leave some leftovers to return to as alpha team continued to struggle with only two members.

The cache was invaluable over the next couple weeks as Fang was infested leaving Beta team another member short. The odds were certainly against them and hunting success understandably declined. The remains of the moose carried them through the next couple weeks but hunger and the mite infestation were beginning to show visible signs of wear on them. The only thing I can positively say is that they didn't look nearly as bad, yet, as they had at the end of last winter.

Late Winter
  • All is quiet.
End of Winter
  • Kamila and Kira no longer have ear mites but they have spread to Ru.
  • Alpha Jin is infested with ticks.
  • Level-ups
    • Mira is now level 19!
    • Kai is now level 13!

March 1 - 2, 2023   

Researcher's Corner

Unbelievably, Alpha Jin was showing signs of being in heat late this season. I honestly thought she had grown too old for pups! Sadly, Gabriel was still infected with ear mites and Jin was doing a lot of scratching herself. I doubt they will mate under these conditions. Three opportunities for a last litter of pups lost . . . I don't think I've seen such terrible luck for the alphas since my observations of the pack began. There's still a chance they'll both recover in time but I don't seem to have any hope left to hold on to.

The pack also finished the last of the remains of their moose carcass a few weeks before the end of this season. Hunting has not been terrible, but they have not been bringing down enough prey to feed the whole pack, and members which have been sick the longest, particularly young Kai, Jing, and Ru, and looking noticeably skinny and weak. Hopefully, with spring right around the corner, they can finally be rid of these pests and fill their bellies again.

Chantaey

Search Topic