Scout
1014 | L16 | ♀︎
4.1 (Bedro)

Hanna

Unassigned
836 | L11 | ♀︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Start of Spring
  • Ani found the herbs needed to get Kevor feeling back to normal.
  • Kata and Bedro's third litter is born!
  • Level-ups
    • Kamila, Feren and Hanna are now level 11!
Early Spring
  • Kamila contracted pox! This is very dangerous to the new puppies; Ani is working hard to find a cure before it spreads.
  • Alajos was injured on a hunt for a bull elk. He will need to rest and now has a scar on his hind leg.
  • Level-ups
    • Ani and Gabriel are now level 16!

Mid Spring
  • Lokan passed of old age.
  • Ani found the herbs needed to heal Kamila of the pox; fortunately it did not spread to the pups.
  • Alpha Bedro was wounded and now has a scar on his hind leg.
  • Feren is showing symptoms of mange.
  • Level-ups
    • Cili is now level 20!
High Spring
  • Kaylees litter was born today. Only one pup survived.
  • Ani was able to find herbs to heal Alajos's wounds. She continues searching for supplies for Feren and Bedro.
  • Elek was wounded and will need to rest; he now has a scar across his face.

Late Spring
  • Ani found the herbs needed to heal Alpha Bedro wounds and continues looking for the supplies needed to heal Feren and Elek.
  • An encounter with a bull elk resulted in Bela losing her left eye.
End of Spring
  • Elek was able to recover from his open wound on his own. Ani found the herbs needed to heal Feren.
  • Kevor has grown too old to hunt effectively. Kamila takes his position as stalker on Beta team.
  • With limited members on Delta team it has been disbanded; Hanna has grown weak and takes the opportunity to rest.

November 3 - 8, 2022   

Researcher's Corner

The alphas' third litter of pups was born right at the start of spring; a bit of a surprise considering how late their previous litters had been born, and also only the second time since the pack was formed that alphas have had more than two litters during their reign.

When the pups were only a couple weeks old, Kamila, from Kaylee's first litter a couple years ago, began showing signs of pox--an illness that could have been deadly for the pups, but they were fortunate it did not spread. Around this time I also noted that Kaylee was looking quite large and wondered whether she was expecting pups.

She did end up having a litter in high spring but as I saw no sign of her using a denning site I suspect much of her litter did not survive. She only has one pup now, but it seems to be doing well. I'm not sure whether her lack of a den was poor planning, perhaps some remnant of inexperience, or the result of hostilities between herself and the alphas. She and Kata still seem to be on good terms however, and I've seen nothing like the way she was treated with her first litter. It may be her litter was approved of and the fact that only one pup survived simply a fact of nature. Regardless it seems like quite a strong little thing and being only a few weeks younger than the alphas' litter I expect it will be well taken care of.

The alphas had four pups which all seem to be growing strong. Although they have already weaned, Kata continues to stay near the den site with them. She is spending a good deal of time with the pups--keeping an eye on them and teaching them, I have no doubt. She is also growing older, however, and she shows no sign of returning to the hunting teams which makes me wonder whether she is retiring into an elder position among the pack.

Older pack members under the reign of these two have more consistently been allowed to remain despite being too old to hunt, however in the past the alphas have always done their best to work and hunt until their very last. If Kata has in fact retired, it sets a new precedent for the expectations of the alphas and I wonder whether it will affect how new wolves take over.

In other news, Lokan was lost this season to old age and Kevor, the old beta team stalker, appears to have grown too old to continue hunting. Kaylee's daughter, Kamila, has taken over for him, but that left delta team without a stalker. There was some transitioning, but it appears that delta team has been temporarily disbanded and alpha and beta team filled out.

Bela, the young finisher for delta team now stalks the territory on her own while the rest of the pack hunts, or remains near the rendezvous with Kevor, her mother, and her young siblings. I suspect there is a steep learning curve to wandering the territory alone as she was severely wounded not long after she began her solo scouting. Although she continues her duties and does not seem in excessive pain, it appears she lost an eye somehow while she was away. I hope that she recovers as best she can though I worry for her now since wolves with similar injuries in the past seem slightly more likely to get injured for the rest of their lives.

I'm also worried for Hanna, one of the pups from the alphas' second litter. She has been showing increasing signs of weakness this season and with delta team disbanded, she is the only member that has not found a new duty to fill. She may be suffering from an infection--as these signs of weakness are symptoms I've seen take members of the pack before--and if so, I fear she does not have a lot of time left.

Chantaey

Posted 2022-11-20 14:56:09 (edited)

Summer, Year 20

Year 5 of Bedro's Reign

Greyfeather Pack Rendezvous

Alpha Bedro

Elder
1440 | L20 | ♂︎
3.1 (Khushi)

Alpha Kata

Elder
1288 | L20 | ♀︎
Unrelated Blood

Lili

627 | L1 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Sándor

626 | L1 | ♂︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Kíra

625 | L1 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Míra

612 | L1 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Alpha "A" Team

Lena

Alpha Chaser
1340 | L20 | ♀︎
3.2 (Khushi)

Kaylee

Alpha Stalker
1291 | L20 | ♀︎
Unrelated Blood

Elek

Alpha Finisher
1166 | L20 | ♂︎
4.1 (Bedro)

Cili

Alpha Chaser
1164 | L20 | ♀︎
4.1 (Bedro)

Gabriel

Alpha Chaser
1027 | L17 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Kaylee's Pup

Khloe

612 | L1 | ♀︎
Unrelated Blood

Beta "β" Team

Ruza

βeta Finisher
1285 | L20 | ♀︎
Unrelated Blood

Alajos

βeta Chaser
1076 | L18 | ♂︎
4.1 (Bedro)

Feren

βeta Chaser
887 | L13 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Kamila

βeta Stalker
848 | L13 | ♀︎
3.1.1 (Khushi)

Non-Hunters

Kevor

Elder
1266 | L20 | ♂︎
Unrelated Blood

Bela

Scout
1055 | L17 | ♀︎
4.1 (Bedro)

Start of Summer
  • Hunting did not go well today and most of the pack went hungry, including Kaylee and her young pup.
  • Level-ups
    • Kamila and Feren are now level 12!
Early Summer
  • Hanna is lost to a severe infection. Rest In peace.
  • Hunting did not go well today and most of the pack remains hungry.
  • Level-ups
    • Gabriel is now level 17!

Mid Summer
  • Alpha Bedro retires from hunting; Cili fills his chaser role on alpha team and beta team is left a member short.
  • Level-ups
    • Bela is now level 17!
High Summer
  • Alajos is showing signs of ear mites.
  • Bela has an encounter with a cougar while scouting and returns with a scar on her side.

Late Summer
  • Ani was able to find the herbs needed to get rid of the ear mites infesting Alajos but she is feeling unwell herself.
  • Ani was lost to heatstroke. Rest in peace.
  • Hunting didn't go well today; the whole pack ate but most don't have full bellies.
End of Summer
  • Cili was wounded on a caribou hunt and will need to rest; she now has a scar across her face.
  • A strange wolf entered the pack's territory but did not stay.
  • Level-ups
    • Kamila and Feren are now level 13!

November 9 - 14, 2022   

Researcher's Corner

One-eyed Bela had another encounter while out scouting the territory on her own--judging by the size and shape of the wound on her side, I suspect a cougar. While I could theorize she has poor judgment in confronting another large predator on her own, I also have to admit she must be resourceful to come out of such with only a scar to show for it.

There was another brief resurgence of ear mites in the pack; Alajos was showing signs in high summer, but as has been the trend, he recovered quickly under the persistent attention of little Ani. Unfortunately the summer heat got to the small wolf this year--she was found dead in late summer--tests showed she succumbed to heatstroke. Poor little thing. Despite her size she was such a beautiful member of the pack and admittedly one of my favorites. I will certainly miss her.

Furthermore, as I suspected, Hanna was suffering from a severe infection and she was lost in early summer. Her absence put a heavy strain on delta team which was already short a member. Despite summer being a fairly easy season to hunt in, the pack's kills were somewhat unreliable and it only got worse when the alpha male, Bedro, retired from alpha team. His elder daughter Cili took his place on alpha team leaving beta team a member short and the hunting teams spread a little thinner.

It's curious to me that Bedro has taken on an elder role like his mate Kata did as this is something I have never seen in the pack before. While Kata remains at the rendevous with the now-very energetic pups, Bedro continues to accompany alpha team on hunts but hangs back--I suspect helping to direct and impart wisdom as the team adjusts to his absence. I wonder whether this suggests weakness in the current alphas or if there is strategy and wisdom for the pack to be found in this new development? I admit I've never had a lot of confidence in the current alpha pair, as their control of the pack seemed more happenstance than real leadership, but as there have been few problems with infighting or competition for leadership I have to admit there may be more to this pair than I give them credit for.

Chantaey

Posted 2022-11-22 11:09:23

Autumn, Year 21

Year 5 of Bedro's Reign

Alpha Bedro

Elder
1440 | L20 | ♂︎
3.1 (Khushi)

Lili

636 | L1 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Sándor

635 | L1 | ♂︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Kíra

635 | L1 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Míra

619 | L1 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Alpha "A" Team

Lena

Alpha Chaser
1353 | L20 | ♀︎
3.2 (Khushi)

Kaylee

Alpha Stalker
1306 | L20 | ♀︎
Unrelated Blood

Elek

Alpha Finisher
1177 | L20 | ♂︎
4.1 (Bedro)

Cili

Alpha Chaser
1173 | L20 | ♀︎
4.1 (Bedro)

Gabriel

Alpha Chaser
1072 | L18 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Kaylee's Pup

Khloe

619 | L1 | ♀︎
Unrelated Blood

Beta "β" Team

Ruza

βeta Finisher
1295 | L20 | ♀︎
Unrelated Blood

Alajos

βeta Chaser
1124 | L19 | ♂︎
4.1 (Bedro)

Bela

Scout / Temp Finisher
1059 | L17 | ♀︎
4.1 (Bedro)

Feren

βeta Chaser
902 | L13 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Kamila

βeta Stalker
856 | L13 | ♀︎
3.1.1 (Khushi)

Non-Hunters

Kevor

Elder
1268 | L20 | ♂︎
Unrelated Blood

Start of Autumn
  • An encounter with whitetail deer resulted in Elek losing his right eye.
  • Most of the pack was able to feed but there wasn't quite enough to go around. Kevor is starting to look skinny.
  • Level-ups
    • Alajos is now level 19!
    • Gabriel is now level 18!
Early Autumn
  • Hunting did not go well today; none of the wolves were able to eat their fill except for the smallest pup.

Mid Autumn
  • Cili recovered from her wound.
  • The pack ranged to the southern edge of their territory today and were able to bring down enough prey to feed the whole pack.
  • Bela returned to the rendezvous with signs of ear mites.
Deep Autumn
  • Khloe learned the hard way that badgers are mean! She now has a bite scar on her hind leg.

Late Autumn
  • Alpha Kata passed of old age. Rest in peace.
  • A curious bobcat wandered too close to the pack's rendezvous. Kevor chased it off but earned a scar on his left ear in the process.
End of Autumn
  • Bela has recovered from the ear mites; unfortunately they have spread to Ruza. With Ruza sick, Bela is filling in for her as finisher on beta team.
  • That bobcat again! What's it after? This time Míra took a swipe to the ear before the adults chased it off.
  • Alpha Bedro got into a fight with a lone wolf while hunting. He was victorious but earned a scar on his left ear.
  • Gabriel returned home with symptoms of the flu.
  • Kaylee was injured on a hunt for a caribou calf and now has an additional scar on her muzzle.
  • An encounter with a grizzly bear resulted in a scar across Khloe's face.

November 15 - 20, 2022   

Researcher's Corner

Autumn started with an incredible battle between alpha team and a whitetail buck; the deer clearly had a lot of fight left in him and I can't say why the team chose him as a target rather than a weaker animal, but certainly they paid for it. In an attempt to bring the creature down the team had it surrounded but it was not wounded enough to simply wait for it to drop. As the team's finisher, Elek was taking the primary role of diving into the circle to attack, but the buck had enough energy and awareness that he caught Elek with his horns on one such push.

The attack spooked Gabriel, the younger member on the team, who happened to be near Elek in the circle, and as he tucked tail and dodged away from Elek and the deer their prey made a run for it. It was a bit too much chaos for the team to recover from quickly, especially with Bedro at a distance rather than being there to lead them, and they lost their chance at it. Elek lost his eye to the injury but recovered well and it doesn't seem to be affecting his ability to hunt.

The pack continued to have poor luck hunting for the first half of the season. Most of them didn't look too lean as we went into autumn, however the old Kevor was looking dangerously skinny by mid season. I was genuinely worried he would starve, however the pack had ranged to the southernmost reaches of their territory by then and had significantly better luck hunting. Kevor recovered quickly and a few weeks later, when they ranged north again, they were out of whatever rut summer had put them in.

The lone Bela was showing signs of ear mites in mid autumn and it took a surprisingly long time, close to six weeks, for her to recover. I always wondered whether little Ani had anything to do with the pack's recovery time and now my suspicions are stronger still. I can't say how she helped them but half the season is an unusually long time for a member of the pack to suffer from the pests. Unfortunately, although Bela is no longer showing symptoms, Ruza has now caught them and I expect they will be even harder to get rid of in winter.

A strange thing happened in late autumn; a curious bobcat wandered unusually close to the pack's rendezvous site. Perhaps it expected to find some leftovers accompanied by the strong scent of wolves? With Kata and Bedro both accompanying hunting teams as onlookers, Kevor was the only one at the rendezvous to be surprised by the cat on this occasion. Despite his age he went right for it--out of aggression or curiosity I'm not entirely sure, but the bobcat gave him a good swipe before it ran off. Only a couple weeks later it returned--at least I believe it was the same one--and surprised the adolescent pups at play. That time it was Míra that got the swipe before the cat was chased off. What in the world could it have been up to?

One of the hunting teams had yet another nail-biting encounter this season with a grizzly bear of all things! The wolves happened upon him and an old carcass and were apparently interested enough in trying to scavenge the meat that they tried harassing the bear to scare him off. Young Khloe, Sandor, and Mira were all with the team and were more than happy to get in on the game, however poor little Khloe wasn't quite fast enough to dodge a swipe and now has a large scar across her face. Some lessons have to be learned the hard way and I doubt bears will seem like much fun the next time they encounter one.

Additionally, we lost our alpha female this season. Kata had been showing signs of age for several months and it isn't too surprising that she passed. All evidence suggests she simply grew old. The adolescents clearly feel her absence--it's sad when the pups lose their mother before they reach adulthood but I have no doubt the pack will continue to take good care of them.

And finally, evidence of the flu. Gabriel has been showing signs here in the last week or so of autumn. If my suspicions about Ani are correct, the illness may very well run rampant through winter. I can only hope their immune systems and a little luck well help pull them through.

Chantaey

Posted 2022-11-29 08:54:33

Winter, Year 21

Year 5 of Bedro's Reign

Year 1 of Gabriel's Reign

Alpha Gabriel

Alpha Chaser
1115 | L189 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Alpha "A" Team

Elek

Alpha Finisher
1189 | L20 | ♂︎
4.1 (Bedro)

Alajos

Alpha Chaser
1133 | L19 | ♂︎
4.1 (Bedro)

Feren

Alpha Chaser
937 | L14 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Kamila

Alpha Stalker
894 | L134 | ♀︎
3.1.1 (Khushi)

Pack Pups

Lili

643 | L1 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Sándor

641 | L1 | ♂︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Kíra

639 | L1 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Míra

626 | L1 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Khloe

625 | L1 | ♀︎
Unrelated Blood

Non-Hunters

Kevor

Elder
1268 | L20 | ♂︎
Unrelated Blood

Start of Winter
  • Gabriel recovered from the flu, however it passed to Alajos.
  • Hunting did not go well today. The entire pack ate, however only a couple of the youngest pups ended up with full bellies.
Early Winter
  • Alajos recovered from the flu, however it passed to Lena.
  • Kaylee is still suffering with the wound on her muzzle and is struggling to keep up with the hunts.
  • Level-ups
    • Kamila and Feren are now level 14!

Mid Winter
  • Lena is still suffering from the flu and Feren now shows symptoms as well.
  • Kaylee collapsed during a hunt and never got back up. Rest in peace.
Deep Winter
  • Alpha Bedro dies of old age. Rest in peace.
  • Lena takes over as pack leader.
  • Feren recovered from the flu, however Lena is still sick and Mira is showing symptoms.
  • Ruza is still suffering from ear mites and Kira has been infected.
  • Kamila was injured on a hunt and will need to rest. She now has a small scar on her right eye.

Late Winter
  • Ruza is no longer suffering with ear mites and will be able to hunt again, however they are still affecting Kira and have now spread to Alajos and Sandor.
  • Alpha Lena and Mira are still suffering from the flu and Lili and Kevor now show symptoms as well.
  • Level-ups
    • Gabriel is now level 19!
End of Winter
  • Kamila recovered from her wound.
  • Kira, Sandor, and Alajos are still suffering from ear mites and the pests have spread to Elek and Ruza.
  • Mira recovered from the flu, however Lili, Kevor, and Alpha Lena are still sick and Khloe, Gabriel, and Feren now have symptoms.
  • Alpha Lena is injured during a hunt; weakened by the flu she collapses and does not get back up. Rest in peace.
  • Following Lena's death, Ruza departs the pack.
  • Elek, Alajos, and Gabriel, compete for the role of alpha; the pack accepts Gabriel.

November 21 - 26, 2022   

Researcher's Corner

We lost Kaylee in mid winter. Looking back on her time with the pack she had quite an ... adventure transitioning from one of the smallest, most subordinate females in the pack to one of the strongest and favored by the pack's alpha female. She is also, thus far, the only non-alpha in the pack's history to have pups. And not once, but twice! Unfortunately she appears to have succumbed to an injury she sustained back at the end of autumn--it never really healed properly and she just continued to grow weaker until she couldn't go on anymore. I worry that with Ani gone, the pack will find these difficulties healing more common.

A combination of flu and ear mites have ravaged the pack this season. There has not been a single day this winter that most of the pack has not been ill. The aging adolescents seemed to hold out quite a while but even they have been showing signs of illness in the last few weeks. Fortunately there have been no fatalities resulting directly from illness, however here at the end of winter only Kamila and young Mira remain healthy and I will be genuinely surprised if illness does not spread to them. I can only hope that with spring around the corner the rest of the pack has a chance to recover and finally fight off both illnesses.

Alpha Bedro also passed this season, leaving the pack open to new leadership. His death triggered the departure of two of his daughters, Cili and Bela, while his younger sibling Lena took over with no pushback from the rest of the pack. With the pack largely ill and two members short, the beta team had to be disbanded, leaving her to lead the pack's only remaining hunters in a search for food in winter. Despite suffering from illness, she expended more energy and risked long travel to push the pack to the southern reaches of their territory where prey was easier to come by. Under her leadership, despite the harsh winter, the pack did not go hungry.

Unfortunately it was only about a month and a half before Lena, already weak from the flu, was injured on a hunt and lacked the strength to go on. Her death, coupled with the fighting that followed for the role of alpha between the three largest brothers, Elek, Alajos, and Gabriel, triggered the experienced finisher Ruza to depart the pack.

Although the smallest of the three, and currently suffering from the flu as well, Gabriel drew the support of the pack as he and his brothers fought. Apparently Elek and Alajos' inability to join the pack during hunts due to their own afflicition; ear mites, was a deciding factor for the few remaining members of the family. I have confidence in the young male, though I wonder whether his elder brothers will settle under his leadership or continue to fight him for the position.

Interested in having Cili or Bela join your pack? Check out their raffles!
Cili's Raffle | Bela's Raffle

Chantaey

Posted 2022-12-03 13:12:17

Spring, Year 21

Alpha Gabriel

Alpha Chaser
1124 | L19 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Alpha "A" Team

Alajos

Alpha Chaser
1136 | L19 | ♂︎
4.1 (Bedro)

Jin

Alpha Chaser
1091 | L17 | ♂︎
Unrelated Blood

Sándor

Alpha Finisher
757 | L6 | ♂︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Khloe

Alpha Stalker
709 | L4 | ♀︎
Unrelated Blood

Beta "β" Team

Feren

βeta Chaser
953 | L14 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Kíra

βeta Chaser
727 | L4 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Míra

βeta Chaser
703 | L3 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Start of Spring
  • Elek and Kira are rid of the ear mites.
  • Gabriel, Feren, Lili and Khloe recover from the flu, however Mira is showing symptoms.
  • In his old age, Kevor succumbed to the flu. Rest in peace.
  • The latest litter of pups graduates!
  • Elek and Lili depart from the pack.
Early Spring
  • Sandor recovers from ear mites however they have spread to Kamila.
  • Alpha Bedro shows symptoms of the flu but recovers quickly.

Mid Spring
  • Alajos and Kamila recover from ear mites however they have passed to Alpha Bedro and Feren.
  • Mira recovers from the flu, however it has passed to Sandor.
  • A strange wolf entered the territory but did not stay.
  • Level-ups
    • Sandor, Kira, and Mira are now level 2!
High Spring
  • Feren recovers from ear mites, however they have passed to Mira.
  • Sandor recovers from the flu--there is no further sign of it within the pack!
  • Level-ups
    • Kamila is now level 15!
    • Sandor is now level 5!
    • Kira is now level 3!
    • Khloe is now level 2!

Late Spring
  • Gabriel recovers from ear mites however they have spread to Kira.
  • Khloe took down a whitetail Carcass all on her own.
  • Level-ups
    • Sandor is now level 6!
    • Khloe is now level 3!
End of Spring
  • Mira and Kira recover from ear mites, however they have spread to Kamila.
  • Kamila secludes herself from the pack to prevent spread.
  • A strange female enters the territory and has been welcomed into the pack.
  • Level-ups
    • Kira and Khloe are now level 4!
    • Mira is now level 3!

November 27 - December 2, 2022   

Researcher's Corner

I hoped that spring would bring a reprieve from the illnesses that had been plagueing the pack in winter, and I suppose it was, eventually, but it took the entire season for all signs to clear. The elder Kevor succumbed to the flu before signs of it disappeared and it wasn't until high spring that I saw no further symptoms of it.

The ear mites, on the other hand, continued to pester the family and pass from wolf to wolf almost endlessly. At the start of spring Elek, one of the brothers that had competed for the role of alpha, finally saw relief from them. Having been passed over for alpha, however, it seems he chose to move on from the family pack. At the end of spring it appeared that Kamila was the only member suffering from them but that offered little hope as they had been spreading from member to member for most of spring.

I'm not sure whether it was the illness or the pack--admittedly I saw no aggression toward Kamila--but she has disappeared. In her absence, I think it's safe to say the ear mites are cleared from the pack, but they will undoubtedly suffer without their most experienced stalker, and I have no idea where she's gone.

In better news, the pack's youngest litter of pups graduated this spring, giving them a few extra members to help them hunt, however one of the pups, Lili, chose to leave the pack when she graduated. Hunting has been an obvious struggle with the rampant illnesses, even in spring. Beta team was reformed, at first with two of the young pups and later with little Khloe helping to stalk prey. The teams have been quite fluid this season, however, with new wolves filling in on alpha team for the ill but now, going into summer and with Kamila missing, Khloe is stalking for the alpha team. She clearly lacks the experience needed to succeed in their territory but she is the only stalker the pack currently has.

A new female also joined the pack at the end of spring when signs of illness were finally gone. She has a beautiful sterling coat with strong shades of red across her back and subtle white markings; I've called her Jin. She is likely to catch the interest of the new alpha Gabriel but unfortunately for the hunting teams she seems to have the skills of a chaser.

Hopefully the pack sees a reprieve from further illness this coming season and finds a hunting balance that will keep everyone fed. It has certainly been a trying several months for the pack.

Interested in having Cili, Bela, Elek, or Lili join your pack? Check out their raffles!
Cili | Bela | Elek | Lili

Chantaey

Posted 2022-12-11 12:12:25 (edited)

Summer, Year 21

Alpha Gabriel

Alpha Chaser
1133 | L19 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Alpha "A" Team

Alajos

Alpha Chaser
1191 | L20 | ♂︎
4.1 (Bedro)

Jin

Alpha Chaser
1138 | L18 | ♂︎
Unrelated Blood

Kamila

Alpha Stalker
950 | L15 | ♀︎
3.1.1 (Khushi)

Sándor

Alpha Finisher
811 | L9 | ♂︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Beta "β" Team

Feren

βeta Chaser
985 | L15 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Kíra

βeta Chaser
759 | L6 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Khloe

Alpha Stalker
752 | L7 | ♀︎
Unrelated Blood

Míra

βeta Chaser
740 | L6 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Start of Summer
  • All was quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Sandor is now level 7!
    • Khloe is now level 5!
Early Summer
  • All was quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Alajos is now level 20!
    • Feren is now level 15!
    • Khloe is now level 6!
    • Kira is now level 5!
    • Mira is now level 4!

Mid Summer
  • Kamila returns to the pack, clear of ear mites.
  • Level-ups
    • Sandor is now level 8!
High Summer
  • All was quiet

Late Summer
  • Feren has been infested by ticks!
  • Level-ups
    • Jin is now level 18!
    • Kira is now level 6!
    • Mira is now level 5!
End of Summer
  • All was quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Sandor is now level 9!
    • Khloe is now level 7!
    • Mira is now level 6!

December 3 - 8, 2022   

Researcher's Corner

It has been a very quiet summer which, after the trials of winter, going into spring, I am very much relieved to witness. Most exciting, and perhaps most notable, was the miraculous return of Kamila. She wandered back in mid summer looking quite lean and a bit on the haggard side, but of course the pack recognized her and welcomed her back. Although the pack has been struggling just a little with hunting due, I presume, to the inexperienced young members, they were still able to help her get her weight back up and here at the end of summer she's looking as good as ever.

Gabriel's smaller littermate, Feren was infested by ticks in late summer but he seems to be handling the condition alright--he continues to hunt despite looking a bit on the miserable side. I haven't noticed signs that the ticks are spreading extensively to other pack members so I hope he is able to recover from them quickly and they don't become a scourge the way the ear mites and flu were last winter.

Last, but not least, there doesn't yet appear to be any sparks between alpha Gabriel or Jin yet, although she is a likely candidate to become alpha female. I have noticed that Alajos shows the occassional interest in her but she seems mostly keen on keeping to herself for now. With autumn approaching and a likely breeding season in winter, I hope we will soon see some development between her and the alpha, although if Alajos' interest continues there may be a bit of conflict similar to what we saw between Bedro and his brother Aveh. Only time will tell!

Chantaey

Posted 2022-12-20 16:20:21

Autumn, Year 22

Alpha Gabriel

Alpha Chaser
1186 | L20 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Alpha "A" Team

Alajos

Alpha Chaser
1206 | L20 | ♂︎
4.1 (Bedro)

Jin

Alpha Chaser
1149 | L18 | ♀︎
Unrelated Blood

Kamila

Alpha Stalker
994 | L16 | ♀︎
3.1.1 (Khushi)

Sándor

Alpha Finisher
867 | L11 | ♂︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Beta "β" Team

Feren

βeta Chaser
994 | L15 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Kíra

βeta Chaser
802 | L8 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Khloe

βeta Stalker
797 | L9 | ♀︎
Unrelated Blood

Míra

βeta Chaser
776 | L8 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Start of Autumn
  • All was quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Kira and Mira are now level 7!
Early Autumn
  • All was quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Sandor is now level 10!
    • Khloe is now level 8!

Mid Autumn
  • All was quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Alpha Gabriel is now level 20!
    • Kamila is now level 16!
    • Kira is now level 8!
Deep Autumn
  • Kamila was injured and will have a scar on her upper hind leg.
  • Level-ups
    • Mira is now level 8!

Late Autumn
  • Jin stood at the defense of the pack during a dangerous confrontation with a moose. She lost her left eye, but no one else was hurt.
  • Level-ups
    • Sandor is now level 11!
End of Autumn
  • Feren recovered from the tick infestation.
  • Alajos wandered too far from his hunting party and encountered a lone wolf. The two fought and Alajos emerged victorious but not without a new scar on his right ear.
  • Level-ups
    • Khloe is now level 9!

December 9 - 14, 2022   

Researcher's Corner

Another quiet season for the Greyfeather pack. Their lives have clearly been consumed by the trying effort of hunting with drastically fewer members than they had two years ago. Fortunately it is easier to keep everyone fed when there are less of them, but thus far, with still no signs of affection between Jin and Gabriel, I worry how the pack will fare in terms of population.

There were a few injuries this season but most notably was the encounter with the bull moose. I came onto the scene after the standoff had begun, and unfortunately have no idea what drove the creature to face off against the wolves (had they been trying to hunt him?) but it was obvious to me they didn't stand a chance against him.

The new female Jin was at the forefront, looking increadibly fierce in her threats--she is easily the size of the two largest brothers of the pack and poses a daunting figure. At one point the bull snapped and attacked and the fearless Jin charged right back at him. It became clear to me later that she lost an eye in the clash, but ultimately it was the moose bull that fled the scene. She is certainly worthy of the battle scar.

Chantaey

Posted 2022-12-31 10:03:38

Winter, Year 22

Alpha Gabriel

Alpha Chaser
1205 | L20 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Alpha Jin

Alpha Chaser
1202 | L19 | ♀︎
Unrelated Blood

Alpha "A" Team

Alajos

Alpha Chaser
1214 | L20 | ♂︎
4.1 (Bedro)

Kamila

Alpha Stalker
1037 | L17 | ♀︎
3.1.1 (Khushi)

Sándor

Alpha Finisher
927 | L13 | ♂︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Beta "β" Team

Feren

βeta Chaser
1043 | L16 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Khloe

βeta Stalker
830 | L10 | ♀︎
Unrelated Blood

Míra

βeta Chaser
826 | L10 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Start of Winter
  • Kamila recovers from her wound.
  • Level-ups
    • Kira and Mira are now level 9!
Early Winter
  • All was quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Jin is not level 19!
    • Sandor is now level 12!

Mid Winter
  • All was quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Feren is now level 16!
    • Khloe is now level 10!
Deep Winter
  • Alajos was wounded and will need to rest for the remainder of the day; he now has a scar on his muzzle.
  • Kira developed symptoms of ear mites and was chased out of the territory by the wounded Alajos.
  • Level-ups
    • Kamila is now level 17!

Late Winter
  • Khloe has developed symptoms of mange.
  • Level-ups
    • Sandor is now level 13!
    • Mira is now level 10!
End of Winter
  • Khloe recovers from the mange.
  • Alpha Gabriel developed signs of ear mites.
  • Alpha Jin is left with a large scar on her left eye after a dicey encounter with a mountain goat.

December 15 - 20, 2022   

Researcher's Corner

I spent most of this winter dying to know whether Jin and Alpha Gabriel would become a breeding pair. Jin is clearling strong enough to handle an alpha position and to be honest the rest of the pack already treats her as though she is alpha, but there seems to be very little affection between she and Gabriel. I hope it isn't wrong of me to wish for puppies for reasons not the least of which is seeing just how small the pack has grown.

Alajos, who I thought might be a problem for the potential alpha pair, was wounded in deep winter and it made him more than a little cranky, to say the least. When one of his younger siblings, Kira, developed symptoms of ear mites he chased her right out of the pack territory. I'm sure it was a measure of self-preservation after their last terrible season with ear mites, but in deep winter... I hope she recovers and returns...

Unfortunately Alpha Gabriel also developed signs of the mites. Even Alajos who is quite nearly his equal in size has not made a push to remove him from the pack's territory. Of course Alajos has obviously grown quite weak from his wound which still has not healed. I worry what will happen to the small pack if the mites start spreading again.

Chantaey

Posted 2022-12-31 10:42:42

Spring, Year 22

Year 2 of Gabriel's Reign

Alpha Gabriel

Alpha Chaser
1211 | L20 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Alpha Jin

Alpha Chaser
1251 | L20 | ♀︎
Unrelated Blood

Alpha "A" Team

Feren

βeta Chaser
1096 | L17 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Kamila

Alpha Stalker
1077 | L18 | ♀︎
3.1.1 (Khushi)

Sándor

Alpha Finisher
966 | L14 | ♂︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Beta "β" Team

Khloe

βeta Stalker
889 | L12 | ♀︎
Unrelated Blood

Kira

βeta Chaser
883 | L11 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Míra

βeta Chaser
857 | L11 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Start of Spring
  • Alpha Gabriel seems to have disappeared from the pack's main territory.
  • Kira returns to the pack, having recovered from ear mites. She looks very skinny after her weeks alone in the winter.
  • Khloe caught an infestation of fleas.
  • Level-ups
    • Khloe and Mira are now level 11!
    • Kira is now level 10!
Early Spring
  • Khloe recovers from the flea infestation.
  • Alajos succumbed to his wounds in the night. Rest in peace.

Mid Spring
  • Alpha Jin has puppies; the alphas' first litter is born!
  • Alpha Gabriel recovers from ear mites and returns to the pack.
  • Level-ups
    • Alpha Jin is now level 20!
    • Kamila is now level 18!
High Spring
  • Kira was wounded and will now have a small scar on her left eye.
  • Kamila returned from a hunt with ear mites. The pack chased her from the territory.
  • Level-ups
    • Feren is now level 17!
    • Khloe is now level 12!

Late Spring
  • All was quiet.
  • Level-ups
    • Kira is now level 11!
End of Spring
  • Kamila has returned, free of the ear mites.

December 21 - 26, 2022   

Researcher's Corner

Start of Spring - Alpha Gabriel has disappeared. For a few days I thought maybe I was just missing him as the pack traveled but now I'm certain that he is gone. Is it possible I missed him being chased off after he caught ear mites in the winter? Or possibly he secluded himself on his own...

Kira, who was chased away by Alajos for the same ailment returned during these early weeks of spring! She's looking quite skinny but that's really no surprise after weeks alone in the winter. I'm happy to see her back again.

Early Spring - We've lost Alajos. It looks as though his wound never healed properly. He got weak quite quickly, and it looks as though the coming of spring just wasn't enough to help him recover. He was one of the strongest pack members and his loss will surely be felt.

Mid Spring - I cannot believe it. Jin had puppies! I had no equipment set up though I should have known due to the pack's proximity to their old den that she was expecting. Honestly, how did I miss it? I have no idea yet how many puppies there are but I'm eagerly awaiting the moment they are big enough to start exploring outside the den!

Gabriel also conveniently returned after the birth of the pups. He seems to be clear of ear mites now and the pack appears to have suffered no disruption during his absence. It's unusual to think the pack members will depart (or be chased away) when they fall ill, but it certainly seems like an effective way of keeping the rest of the pack safe.

High Spring - Sure enough; Kamila developed symptoms of ear mites in high spring and the pack made a joint effort in pushing her from the territory despite the fact that she is a valuable stalker for the alpha hunting team. Without her the pack hunting will undeniably struggle--I hope she is able to return soon, for everyone's sake.

Kira was also wounded during a hunt and although it only appears to be a small scratch over her left eye, I can't go without making a record of it. Alajos passed from complications from a hunting injury just last season--it's clear to me now these injuries are simply more dangerous to the pack than they once were.

End of Spring - Thank goodness Kamila returned in the last weeks of spring. Although not starving, the pack was picking up noticeably smaller prey in her absence. She doesn't seem the worse for wear herself, though from watching her interactions it's obvious she was hungry. Hopefully with her back the pack will stay well fed and we'll have a better chance of seeing the puppies next season!

Chantaey

Posted 2023-01-07 11:33:54

Summer, Year 22

Year 2 of Gabriel's Reign

Alpha Gabriel

Alpha Chaser
1218 | L20 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Alpha Jin

Alpha Chaser
1266 | L20 | ♀︎
Unrelated Blood

Chen Bai

579 | L1 | ♀︎
6.1 (Gabriel)

Gang Fu

578 | L1 | ♂︎
6.1 (Gabriel)

Chun Fang

566 | L1 | ♀︎
6.1 (Gabriel)

Heng Hai

561 | L1 | ♀︎
6.1 (Gabriel)

Feren

Alpha Chaser
1108 | L17 | ♂︎
4.2 (Bedro)

Kamila

Alpha Stalker
1086 | L18 | ♀︎
3.1.1 (Khushi)

Sándor

Alpha Finisher
1008 | L15 | ♂︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Khloe

βeta Stalker
925 | L13 | ♀︎
Unrelated Blood

Kira

βeta Chaser
914 | L12 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Míra

βeta Chaser
891 | L12 | ♀︎
4.3 (Bedro)

Start of Summer
  • Feren is infested by ticks.
  • Level-ups
    • Mira is now level 12!
Early Summer
  • Feren is free of the ticks.
  • Level-ups
    • Sandor is now level 15!

Mid Summer
  • All was quiet.
High Summer
  • Kira recovers from her wound.
  • Level-ups
    • Kira is now level 12!

Late Summer
  • Sandor is injured and has a new scar on his front leg.
  • Level-ups
    • Khloe is now level 13!
End of Summer
  • Sandor recovered from his injury.

December 27, 2022 - January 1, 2023   

Researcher's Corner

Early Summer - Feren was infested by ticks at the beginning of the season but a heavy storm in recent days caused a lot of flooding and inevitable mud around the territory. Whether it was intentional or not, Feren ended up covered in it, but all signs of the ticks are gone now!

End of Summer - Sandor was injured on a hunt in late summer but he recovered incredibly fast! He has a new scar on his front leg, but if it weren't for that you wouldn't even know he'd been hurt. Such a quick recovery has become pretty rare for the pack. Between Sandor and Feren, this summer has been a lucky season for them.

The Pups - I was finally able to get a look at the pups this season! Four fuzzy balls of energy--they are a little small for Greyfeather's typical pups but I doubt it will hinder them any. No doubt it's only due to the litter being Jin's first. There appear to be three females and a male and the whole pack has been taking part in spending time with them as they wander outside the den.

For the most part they are very well behaved, although one of the females with red undertones like her mother (I've named her Fang) has a bit of a competitive streak and is often seen instigating play battles and trying to win dominance.

Chantaey

Search Topic