Skip to main content
Main Content

Greyfeather Pack Lore

Posted 2022-03-02 23:45:07 (edited)

The veil separating our world from the Lunar Dreamlands grows thin . . .

High Summer, Year 10

Year 3 of Ákiljöf's Reign

High Summer. It's hard to believe it's been two years now. Time passes by so quickly and yet I feel too young to have been leading the pack this long. Today seems the best day to reflect on that time . . . My father prepared me well, I think. Certainly as well as he could have--I can think of nothing he didn't teach me that I wish he had, nor anything else I needed but find myself short--save my father himself. My heart grows heavy as I watch my older siblings, Miki and Myrkur, grow old as he did. They are gracious in their age as both my parents were, but time is unforgiving. I wanted my family to stay together when the pups came of age, but I didn't consider that time would tear it apart anyway. Ah . . . it's probably unfit of me to dwell on the sorrows that are a part of life.

Sága has taken a bad injury on a hunt today, but we've gotten through bad injuries before. I can only be hopeful. In truth, our pack has been fortunate thus far; we have lost no one to injury or illness, our five pups grew up healthy and strong, we are able to feed ourselves without worry, even through the winter. There is so much to be grateful for. Should I live to be as old as my father I will have another four years with the pack. I will see my older siblings pass, but it will be in peace and comfort if I have any say in it at all. I may even live long enough to see my littermates pass on. Or perhaps they, or the pups will get some itch to see the world for themselves. Hah . . . just now it's hard to imagine the pups even being able to feed themselves but there will come a time. Certainly they try hard enough.

One day I will grow old, but it will not be for a while yet. We are a strong pack with strong pups and they will carry on long after us. My focus for this third year as Alpha will be to strengthen our pups closer to their full potential.

Current Greyfeather Pack Members

Alpha Ákiljöf

1009 | L20 | ♂︎

Alpha Kamakshi

1009 | L19 | ♀︎

Elder Miki-lorka

Chaser; Team 1
1031 | L20 | ♀︎

Elder Myrkur

Lead Chaser; Team 1
1024 | L20 | ♂︎

Sága

Stalker; Team 1
878 | L16 | ♀︎
Symptoms: Bleeding, Exposed Tissue

Ákveðni

Finisher; Team 1
872 | L16 | ♀︎

Signý

Chaser; Team 1
853 | L16 | ♀︎

Kaveri

Finisher; Team 2
636 | L7 | ♀︎

Khushi

Lead Chaser; Team 2
633 | L7 | ♀︎

Indu

Stalker; Team 2
630 | L7 | ♀︎

Reva

Chaser; Team 2
626 | L7 | ♀︎

Darshan

Chaser; Team 2
624 | L7 | ♂︎

Today's Events:
  • The Lunar Dreamlands are close once again.
  • Sága was badly wounded during a hunt.
Successful Hunts
  • 0 of 1 large hunts
  • 0 of 1 medium hunts
  • 2 of 7 small hunts
  • 0 of 2 critter hunts
Pack Knowledge
  1. Tick Remedy: Garlic, Cedar Bark & Tobacco

Chantaey

Posted 2022-03-03 21:53:06 (edited)

Late Summer, Year 10

Oh, I know what you're thinking; 'Way to go, Sága. Go get injured on Ákiljöf's big anniversary.' Well it wasn't on purpose and my track record is impeccable. Just so everyone is aware. It wasn't even that bad of an injury. The knock to the head was worse than the wound. Honestly. The only reason I couldn't hunt anymore was because I couldn't see straight. Ákiljöf was all ready to pack up and leave for the Hollow again this morning--I was barely able to catch him to stop him from going! All I needed was a good night's rest. Everybody worries too much. I'm actually pretty annoyed the wound scarred; you may not have noticed but I was the only one of my siblings that didn't have the mark of some old injury. *sigh* At least it's only a small one . . . You might be wondering what the pack's stalker was doing to get a knock in the head. Well as it turns out the details are a little fuzzy . . . Ahem. Carry on, then!

Alpha Ákiljöf

1010 | L20 | ♂︎

Alpha Kamakshi

1010 | L19 | ♀︎

Elder Miki-lorka

Team 1; Chaser
1032 | L20 | ♀︎

Elder Myrkur

Team 1; Lead Chaser
1025 | L20 | ♂︎

Sága

Team 1; Stalker
879 | L16 | ♀︎

Ákveðni

Team 1; Finisher
874 | L16 | ♀︎

Signý

Team 1; Chaser
854 | L16 | ♀︎

Kaveri

Team 2; Finisher
656 | L8 | ♀︎

Khushi

Team 2; Lead Chaser
652 | L8 | ♀︎

Indu

Team 2; Stalker
650 | L8 | ♀︎

Reva

Team 2; Chaser
646 | L8 | ♀︎

Darshan

Team 2; Chaser
644 | L8 | ♂︎

Today's Events:
  • The Lunar Dreamlands are close once again.
  • After some pointed rest Sága has recovered. She now has a small scar over her right eye.
  • Khushi, Indu, Reva, Kaveri and Darshan are now level 8!
Successful Hunts
  • 0 of 0 large hunts
  • 1 of 1 medium hunts
  • 0 of 7 small hunts
  • 2 of 4 critter hunts
Pack Knowledge

Chantaey

Posted 2022-03-05 05:30:04 (edited)

End of Summer, Year 10

Miki'lorka and Myrkur have passed on. We all knew they were growing older and that their time was coming but we really weren't prepared to loose them so soon; nor did we expect that they would both go at once. I try to look at it positively--at least they are together as they make the journey beyond--but it is a sudden blow to our hearts. Poor quiet Myrkur . . . perhaps it makes sense that they went together. Myrkur was never happy unless he was by the side of one of his litter mates. In the end all he had left was Miki'lorka.

Reva is taking Miki's loss particularly hard. It is no secret that she was Reva's favorite aunt. In truth they were so alike I think Reva found as much kinship with her aunt as with her own litter mates. She is doing her best to continue hunting with the other pups--as a chaser the success of the hunt is not as weighted on her role--but it is clear she is distracted and that her heart is not in it.

Khushi was wounded on a hunt today and none of the pups are being very clear about exactly what happened. They did manage to bring home their prey, a beaver, but it gives us little hints about how exactly Khushi was hurt. It certainly doesn't look like a bite. Judging from their attitudes it seems to have involved Reva. We can only hope they are not fighting among each other, especially after the loss of Miki and Myrkur. Ákiljöf is preparing to set out to the Hollow--no doubt he's kicking himself for not going when I was wounded--and Ákveðni is providing Khushi with some clear boundaries regarding resting and not going out to hunt more.

I feel for her--she's upset about missing out on the experience and her litter mates are to eager to stay behind with her. She'll lose her position as lead chaser for certain. I imagine that hurts as much as the wound does. We're all worried for her though; I may have recovered quickly from my injury but wounds can be life-threatening if they do not heal quickly on their own.

Alpha Ákiljöf

1010 | L20 | ♂︎

Alpha Kamakshi

1010 | L19 | ♀︎

Sága

Team 1; Stalker
879 | L16 | ♀︎

Ákveðni

Team 1; Finisher
874 | L16 | ♀︎

Signý

Team 1; Chaser
854 | L16 | ♀︎

Kaveri

Team 2; Finisher
656 | L8 | ♀︎

Khushi

Team 2; Chaser
652 | L8 | ♀︎

Indu

Team 2; Stalker
650 | L8 | ♀︎

Reva

Team 2; Lead Chaser
646 | L8 | ♀︎

Darshan

Team 2; Chaser
644 | L8 | ♂︎

Today's Events:
  • The Lunar Dreamlands are close.
  • Miki'lorka and Myrkur passed away.
  • Khushi was wounded on a hunt. She will not be able to hunt for the rest of the day.
Successful Hunts
  • 0 of 0 large hunts
  • 0 of 0 medium hunts
  • 7 of 8 small hunts
  • 0 of 1 critter hunts
Pack Knowledge

Chantaey

Posted 2022-03-05 22:48:04 (edited)

Start of Autumn, Year 10

Alpha Ákiljöf

1013 | L20 | ♂︎

Alpha Kamakshi

1012 | L19 | ♀︎

Sága

Team 1; Stalker
879 | L16 | ♀︎

Ákveðni

Team 1; Finisher
874 | L16 | ♀︎

Signý

Team 1; Chaser
854 | L16 | ♀︎

Kaveri

Team 2; Finisher
659 | L8 | ♀︎

Khushi

Team 2; Chaser
653 | L8 | ♀︎

Indu

Team 2; Stalker
652 | L8 | ♀︎

Reva

Team 2; Lead Chaser
649 | L8 | ♀︎

Darshan

Team 2; Chaser
648 | L8 | ♂︎

Today's Events:
  • The Lunar Dreamlands are fading.
  • Ákiljöf is traveling to the Artisan's Hollow to find a way to help Khushi recover from her wound.
  • The pups found their first medium-sized game trail!
Successful Hunts
  • 1 of 1 large hunts
  • 2 of 3 medium hunts
  • 4 of 8 small hunts
  • 1 of 2 critter hunts
Pack Knowledge

Chantaey

Posted 2022-03-06 21:24:29 (edited)

Early Autumn, Year 10

Alpha Ákiljöf

1013 | L20 | ♂︎

Alpha Kamakshi

1016 | L19 | ♀︎

Sága

Team 1; Stalker
882 | L16 | ♀︎

Ákveðni

Team 1; Finisher
874 | L16 | ♀︎

Signý

Team 1; Chaser
857 | L16 | ♀︎

Kaveri

Team 2; Finisher
678 | L9 | ♀︎

Khushi

Team 2; Chaser
675 | L9 | ♀︎

Indu

Team 2; Stalker
672 | L9 | ♀︎

Reva

Team 2; Lead Chaser
670 | L9 | ♀︎

Darshan

Team 2; Chaser
668 | L9 | ♂︎

Today's Events:
  • Ákiljöf is seeking a way to help Khushi recover from her wound.
  • Indu, Reva, Kaveri, Darshan and Khushi are now level 9!
Successful Hunts
  • 0 of 0 large hunts
  • 2 of 6 medium hunts
  • 4 of 9 small hunts
  • 0 of 0 critter hunts
Pack Knowledge

Chantaey

Posted 2022-03-07 21:54:23 (edited)

Mid-Autumn, Year 10

Khushi has recovered from her wound and I believe everyone is breathing a sigh of relief. Ákiljöf is not back yet and with the way Khushi was throwing herself into the hunts, despite Ákveðni's efforts, we wondered whether he would be too late. By some miracle Khushi's youthful quick healing seems to be what saved her, and now that the wound is healed up a bit more we can see how close she came to losing one or both of her eyes. This news appears to have spooked Khushi as well--maybe she herself didn't realize how bad it was. She requested a transfer to her aunt's hunting team but wouldn't tell me why. I suspect it has something to do with the bickering that continues between her and Reva but until I have the full story, or at the very least, her reason, I've denied her request. She simply does more good on a team with her litter mates than I believe she would do with her aunts who, thanks to the pups' enthusiasm, don't get out to hunt that much anyway.

Alpha Ákiljöf

1013 | L20 | ♂︎

Alpha Kamakshi

1057 | L20 | ♀︎

Sága

Team 1; Stalker
883 | L16 | ♀︎

Ákveðni

Team 1; Finisher
874 | L16 | ♀︎

Signý

Team 1; Chaser
858 | L16 | ♀︎

Kaveri

Team 2; Finisher
679 | L9 | ♀︎

Khushi

Team 2; Chaser
677 | L9 | ♀︎

Indu

Team 2; Stalker
672 | L9 | ♀︎

Reva

Team 2; Lead Chaser
672 | L9 | ♀︎

Darshan

Team 2; Chaser
669 | L9 | ♂︎

Today's Events:
  • Ákiljöf is seeking a way to help Khushi recover from her wound.
  • Khushi has recovered from her wound by the strength of her own healing. She now has a large scar across her face.
  • Alpha Kamakshi is now level 20!
Successful Hunts
  • 1 of 2 large hunts
  • 0 of 4 medium hunts
  • 1 of 5 small hunts
  • 3 of 3 critter hunts
Pack Knowledge

Chantaey

Posted 2022-03-09 00:15:13 (edited)

High Autumn, Year 10

Alpha Ákiljöf

1014 | L20 | ♂︎

Alpha Kamakshi

1058 | L20 | ♀︎

Sága

Team 1; Stalker
885 | L16 | ♀︎

Ákveðni

Team 1; Finisher
876 | L16 | ♀︎

Signý

Team 1; Chaser
858 | L16 | ♀︎

Kaveri

Team 2; Finisher
681 | L9 | ♀︎

Khushi

Team 2; Chaser
679 | L9 | ♀︎

Indu

Team 2; Stalker
672 | L9 | ♀︎

Reva

Team 2; Lead Chaser
674 | L9 | ♀︎

Darshan

Team 2; Chaser
669 | L9 | ♂︎

Today's Events:
  • Ákiljöf has returned with knowledge of a cure for open wounds.
Successful Hunts
  • 0 of 2 large hunts
  • 1 of 6 medium hunts
  • 2 of 6 small hunts
  • 0 of 0 critter hunts
Pack Knowledge
  2. Open Wound Salve: St. John's Wort, Winterfat & Yarrow

Chantaey

Posted 2022-03-10 00:35:49 (edited)

Late Autumn, Year 10

Alpha Ákiljöf

1014 | L20 | ♂︎

Alpha Kamakshi

1059 | L20 | ♀︎

Sága

Team 1; Stalker
885 | L16 | ♀︎

Ákveðni

Team 1; Finisher
876 | L16 | ♀︎

Signý

Team 1; Chaser
858 | L16 | ♀︎

Kaveri

Team 2; Finisher
703 | L10 | ♀︎

Khushi

Team 2; Chaser
701 | L10 | ♀︎

Reva

Team 2; Lead Chaser
696 | L10 | ♀︎

Darshan

Team 2; Chaser
693 | L10 | ♂︎

Indu

Team 2; Stalker
693 | L10 | ♀︎

Today's Events:
  • Kaveri, Khushi, Reva, Darshan and Indu are now level 10!
Successful Hunts
  • 0 of 0 large hunts
  • 0 of 3 medium hunts
  • 1 of 5 small hunts
  • 1 of 2 critter hunts
Pack Knowledge

Chantaey

Posted 2022-03-11 07:56:55 (edited)

End of Autumn, Year 10

Alpha Ákiljöf

1014 | L20 | ♂︎

Alpha Kamakshi

1059 | L20 | ♀︎

Sága

Team 1; Stalker
885 | L16 | ♀︎

Ákveðni

Team 1; Finisher
876 | L16 | ♀︎

Signý

Team 1; Chaser
858 | L16 | ♀︎

Kaveri

Team 2; Finisher
703 | L10 | ♀︎

Khushi

Team 2; Chaser
701 | L10 | ♀︎

Reva

Team 2; Lead Chaser
696 | L10 | ♀︎

Darshan

Team 2; Chaser
693 | L10 | ♂︎

Indu

Team 2; Stalker
693 | L10 | ♀︎

Today's Events:
  • The pups captured their first medium-sized game; a whitetail deer!
Successful Hunts
  • 0 of 0 large hunts
  • 3 of 4 medium hunts
  • 3 of 5 small hunts
  • 0 of 0 critter hunts
Pack Knowledge

Chantaey

Posted 2022-03-11 22:27:06 (edited)

Winter, Year 10

Greyfeather Pack Rendezvous Site

Alpha Ákiljöf

1014 | L20 | ♂︎

Alpha Kamakshi

1059 | L20 | ♀︎

Sága

Team 1; Stalker
892 | L16 | ♀︎

Ákveðni

Team 1; Finisher
881 | L16 | ♀︎

Signý

Team 1; Chaser
865 | L16 | ♀︎

Kaveri

Team 2; Finisher
736 | L11 | ♀︎

Khushi

Team 2; Chaser
735 | L11 | ♀︎

Reva

Team 2; Lead Chaser
730 | L11 | ♀︎

Indu

Team 2; Stalker
730 | L11 | ♀︎

Darshan

Team 2; Chaser
728 | L11 | ♂︎

Start of Winter
  • All is quiet.
Early Winter
  • Indu, Reva, Darshan and Kaveri are now level 11!

Mid Winter
  • Khushi is now level 11!
Deep Winter
  • All is quiet.

Late Winter
  • Kaveri was badly wounded on a hunt. She will not be able to hunt for the rest of the day.
    • Ákiljöf has begun seeking St. John's Wort, Winterfat and Yarrow to make a salve to help Kaveri heal.

We were near the cliffs, trying to bring down a bighorn sheep--it was the first prey we'd seen of it's size this part of the season and we were all a little eager. I don't know how we didn't see it happening . . . we nearly had the ewe down when a big ram set in on us. The rocky ground made it easier for him to navigate than for us. Darshan and Indu both took hits before he turned on Kaveri. She saw him coming, I'm sure of it, but she had such a good hold on the ewe's haunches I guess she thought the beast's body would protect her, or that she'd bring it down in time. He caught her in the side--it was horrible. I think she got knocked out cold the instant he hit her. We all knew something was wrong as soon as she hit the ground and didn't get back up. He reared and hit her again before we all got to her.

It felt like forever before the ram decided not to tangle with the four of us as a united front. Kaveri was bleeding so badly . . . it was obvious even then that his horn must have gouged her at least once. It took her a long time to wake up and she was groggy and disoriented . . . If she survives I'm certain she will lose an eye. Indu and I walked her home between us. None of us said anything on the way--Kaveri is the strongest of us--it's terrifying to see this happen to her and I think all of us feel more than a little guilty we didn't somehow prevent it.

Once we made it home, father immediately set out for the ingredients we need to make a salve and help her heal. They are so hard to find though, I'm afraid for my sister. Darshan is spending every free moment by her side but we still have to go out and hunt without her--winter is so lean, we simply can't depend on just our aunts to feed all of us. Reva is being strangely distant and I can't help but wonder if she isn't as guilty for what happened to Kaveri as she was for what happened to me. But we don't talk about that . . .

End of Winter
  • After a day of rest Kaveri recovered some health but did not recover from her wound.
    • Ákiljöf is seeking St. John's Wort to make a salve to help Kaveri heal.
      • Ákiljöf found the last necessary herb and was able to mix the salve to heal Kaveri's wound.
  • A strange female wandered into the pack's territory but did not stay.

Kaveri grows weaker far too quickly. I have not spoken to the rest of the pack but I believe everyone sees it. We are bracing ourselves to lose her. She is young and there is still a small chance she will pull through--Ákiljöf is also close to finding all the herbs to help her. Oh, but she is fading so quickly. She has far less time than I first believed.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

He was panting hard when he padded back into the pack's rendezvous, his legs shaking slightly from strain and weariness. A long stem crowned by yellow star-shaped flowers was clutched gently between his teeth. Ákiljöf stopped, letting the scent of his family wash over him in a comforting confirmation of his arrival. His journey was done. Finally. He couldn't ever remember pushing himself so hard or being so tired.

Ákiljöf lifted his yellow eyes in the direction of his daughter. The memory of her blood's scent came back to him as fresh as the day her siblings had dragged her home. The actual smell was older now but his worry and fear and weariness filled the faded details like it had only just happened. Her face was still mangled and she was lying still--he could barely see her breathing. Her fur was nearly as dirty and matted as his own--it was clear she had been getting worse quickly. His ears dropped as the others noticed him but the awareness of eyes on him forced a breath into his lungs. He dipped his head and gently set the plant on the ground at his feet.

"I found it," he breathed tiredly. Everyone knew exactly what he meant.

His jaw hurt from carrying the plant so gingerly for so far. His legs and paws were packed thick with mud and moss and his coat was rank with the smell of wet and algae and decay from the swampland where he'd been looking.

Despite his condition, Kamakshi approached him, "She's very weak, but she's okay," his mate told him as she nuzzled his cheek gently.

Ákiljöf felt his legs shudder with a wave of relief, his body threatening to give up the last of it's energy to the promise of a job nearly done. The worst that could have happened would have been arriving too late and he could sense just how close the end had been. He nodded faintly and his eyes caught motion as his sister Sága rose from his daughter's side and moved toward him.

"I'll help you prepare it," Sága offered. "With this salve and a little rest she'll pull through."

Game Caught This Season
36% Success Rate (29/81)
  • 3 of 7 large prey
  • 5 of 32 medium prey
  • 16 of 34 small prey
  • 5 of 8 critters
Pack Knowledge

Next level up for 1st Litter expected Start to Spring, Year 10

Chantaey

Search Topic