Everett

Beta Stalker
771 | L10 | ♂︎
Weight: 100%
1y 6½m | 7.1

Start of Autumn
  • All is quiet

• Hunting (2/2 Successful)
      • Week 1: The pack hunted a bighorn sheep ram.
      • Week 2: The pack hunted a whitetail deer buck.
Early Autumn
  • Beta team is reformed with Adaline and Everett.

• Hunting (3/4 Successful)
      • Week 3: Alpha team let their prey slip away but Beta team caught a beaver. There wasn't enough for the whole pack but the alphas didn't eat, allowing more of the pack members to.
      • Week 4: Beta team ambushed a stoat which they quickly devoured while Alpha team hunted a mule deer feeding the rest of the pack. There was nothing left.

Mid Autumn
  • Ru is showing symptoms of influenza.

• Hunting (4/4 Successful)
      • Week 5: Beta team ambushed a grouse and shared it among themselves. Alpha team took down a mule deer and the rest of the pack was able to eat.
      • Week 6: Beta team hunted a stoat and shared it among themselves. Alpha team took down a massive elk bull and the entire pack gorged themselves. Nothing remained of the carcass.
Deep Autumn
  • Ru recovers from influenza however it spread to Sandor.

• Week 7: Alpha team took down an elk cow; it was nearly enough to feed the entire pack for two weeks. Beta team also successfully hunted a beaver which was enough to feed the remaining members of the pack.
      • Week 8: The pack was full to bursting and did not hunt this week.

• Level-ups
      • Ru is now level 19!

Late Autumn
  • Alpha Hunter passed of old age. Rest in peace.

• Week 9: Beta hunted a deer doe while alpha team took down a whitetail buck.
      • Week 10: The pack has enough food and did not hunt this week.

• Level-ups
      • Everett is now level 10!
End of Autumn
  • Sandor passed. Rest in peace.

• Hunting (1/2 Successful)
      • Week 11: Beta team lost track of their prey but Alpha team took down a moose cow.
      • Week 12: The pack has enough food and did not hunt this week.

• Level-ups
      • Fang is now level 20!

May 2 - 7, 2023   

Researcher's Notes

Early Autumn (Month 1)

Beta hunting team was reformed this month and although the pack was doing well recently with successful hunts I suspect their need to put on weight for the colder months drove their decision to divide the hunting team. Alpha team is now short a member and Adaline is hunting with her brother Everett who, though had some breif experience stalking before his brother passed in the summer, seems to have forgotten much of what he learned. Still, even if they are only finding mouthfuls, Adaline and Everett are capable enough to feed themselves which is taking some of the pressure off of alpha team.

I did observe this month that the alphas were no longer eating first among the pack--instead ensuring that the pups ate their fill while also allowing the hunters to eat first and waiting for what remained to eat themselves. I've never seen this in the pack before. Perhaps the alphas sense their time is coming? Or perhaps they want to ensure the hunters stay as strong as possible since the alphas are no longer helping them...

Mid Autumn (Month 2)

Influenza again. By now I think I should expect it when the colder months come but it still always catches me a little by surprise. Ru caught it first and it quickly spread to Sandor. Fortunately Ru looks to be clear of it now but Sandor, being older, is far more at risk of dying as a result of the illness. And there's always the chance for further spread.

The pack's decision to divide the hunting teams finally seems to be paying off this month though--at least, perhaps, they will not be sick AND hungry. Alpha team managed to take down a large elk cow which, incredibly, the pack devoured completely over the course of the month, and beta team also managed to hunt a beaver which seems to have been the tipping point on the scale for the pack; for the first time in months there were scraps left behind for the scavengers!

Late Autumn (Month 3)

We lost alpha Hunter and Sandor this month. I saw no signs of illness in Hunter, so I suspect his passing may have been due to old age, however I can't be certain in Sandor's case. Fortunately the influenza does not appear to have spread and so I think with Sandor's passing the pack is safe from the illness for the time being.

It's hard to tell how affected Mira is by the loss of her mate. She has certainly slowed down--her last litter of pups are grown to energetic adolescents now that plow on ahead of her to watch the teams hunt--and she continues to eat last among the pack though it's clearly by choice. The pack gives her quite a lot of affection and checks in with her frequently. I fear there's a good chance we'll lose her this winter.

Hunting is going wonderfully for them--they are consistently bringing down medium and large prey and feeding off the remains over the course of a week or two. I consistently see scavengers at the kill sites which tells me the pack is getting enough to eat. What a relief and a good start to winter.

Chantaey

Posted 2023-05-14 11:58:26

Winter, Year 28

Year 1 of Kai's Reign

Greyfeather Pack

Alpha Kai

Alpha Chaser
1265 | L20 | ♂︎
4y 10½m | 6.2

Alpha Tariel

Alpha Chaser
1211 | L20 | ♂︎
5y 1½m | Unrelated

Finn

629 | L1 | ♂︎
0y 9½m | 7.2

Ginger

629 | L1 | ♀︎
0y 9½m | 7.2

Ru

Alpha Chaser
1237 | L20 | ♂︎
4y 10½m | 6.2

Jing

Alpha Stalker
1176 | L19 | ♀︎
4y 10½m | 6.2

Adaline

Alpha Finisher
883 | L12 | ♀︎
1y 9½m | 7.1

Everett

Scout
801 | L11 | ♂︎
1y 9½m | 7.1

Fang

Scout
1243 | L20 | ♀︎
5y 10½m | 6.1

Start of Winter
  • All is quiet.

• Hunting (2/3 Successful)
      • Week 1: Alpha team lost their prey during the chase. Beta team took down a whitetail buck.
      • Week 2: Alpha team took down a bighorn sheep ewe. The whole pack was well fed so beta team did not hunt this week.

• Level-ups
      • Adaline is now level 11!
Early Winter
  • Alpha Mira dies of old age. Rest in peace.
    • Kai and Fang compete aggressively for the role of alpha. Fang received three new scars.
  • Kai's reign begins.

• Hunting (2/3 Successful)
      • Week 3: Alpha team brings down a whitetail buck. Beta team fails to bring down their prey but they killed a hare as a consolation prize.
      • Week 4: Alpha team bringst down an elk cow but much of the carcass was left to scavengers. There was enough food remaining and beta team did not hunt this week.

• Level-ups
      • Jing is now level 19!

Mid Winter
  • Alpha Kai is showing symptoms of mange.

• Week 5: The pack kills a bighorn sheep ram.
      • Week 6: The pack kills a mule deer buck.
  • Level-ups
    • Everett is now level 11!
  • Illnesses
    • Alpha Kai: Mange
Deep Winter
  • All is quiet.

• Week 7: The pack killed a whitetail buck.
      • Week 8: The pack lost track of their prey early in the hunt but happened upon a muskrat as a consolation prize. Still hungry, the pack returned to an older kill for scraps.
  • Illnesses
    • Alpha Kai: Mange

Late Winter
  • Kai recovers from mange.
  • Tariel joins the pack!

• Week 9: The pack successfully hunted a whitetail buck.
      • Week 10: The pack failed to bring down their prey but happened upon a stoat as a consolation prize.

• Level-ups
      • Adaline is now level 12!
End of Winter
  • All is quiet.

• Week 11: The pack killed a bighorn sheep ewe.
      • Week 12: The pack brought down a moose cow.

• Level-ups
      • Ru is now level 20!

May 8 - 13, 2023   

Researcher's Notes

Early Winter (Month 1)

The first month of winter has been fraught with conflict. We lost alpha Mira to old age; it was her time but also so much sooner than I expected. And although the days after her passing were quiet as the pack came to terms with her absence, when it became clear she was gone there was aggressive fighting between Kai and Fang for leadership.

Kai and Fang, you might remember, are both progeny of sixth alpha Gabriel and his mate, Jin, but surprisingly not littermates. Fang is the older of the two but Kai just marginally larger and both inherited the fierce fighting spirit of their mother who lost an eye fighting an aggressive moose. The fighting between the siblings was bloody and far from simple shows of dominance--Fang seemed bent on winning the pack through blood and Kai, although usually happy-go-lucky with his family members, met his sister's aggression tooth and claw. I truly thought they were fighting to the death. At the end it was difficult to tell which of them came out the victor, but recent days have suggested Kai is now the new alpha.

Fang's face is torn up badly from the brawl and she has not been hunting with alpha team since the fight but instead appears to be scouting on her own. I suspect she is distancing herself from the pack rather than being forced away by Kai and I wonder whether the two will make amends or if Fang will end up departing from the territory.

Mid Winter (Month 2)

Some not-unexpected changes have taken place since Kai's ascent to alpha. With Fang still ranging alone, alpha team dipped to only three members and, for better or for worse, it seems beta team has once again been disbanded. Adaline and Everett have joined alpha team and Adaline has taken over the role of finisher. Everett, unfortunately, seems awkward and out of place hunting within a larger group--hopefully they will both adapt to their new roles!

Kai also picked up mange this month but despite the certain discomfort he has been ranging far and pulling the pack along with him looking, most likely, for a mate. With the energy he is pouring into searching I don't expect it will be long before he finds a nice she-wolf to join the pack.

Late Winter (Month 3)

Kai recovered from the mange this month and it hasn't spread! Always good news when an illness pops up. The pack saw some rough hunting as well and early in the month they were gnawing on bones to satiate their hunger, however they got lucky recently with a large moose cow and I've seen scavengers at the leftovers--the pack is doing incredibly this winter!

In even better news, Kai has successfully found a new female to join him and, I just have to say, she is absolutely stunning. I'm calling her Tariel; she's got a cream and white coat with beautiful shading and stunning clay colored eyes. She also has a mottled nose--something I've never seen before, and encountered Kai while showing signs of being in heat. That might have had something to do with how welcoming he was toward her but I can't say it was a bad choice anyway. Tariel appears experienced like the older members of the pack and was quick to join alpha team as a chaser (Everett has gone back to scouting, probably to his relief). She's a large wolf as well--sizing up just a little smaller than Kai's sisters, Fang and Ru.

Fang, speaking of, has been showing some interest in the new member of the pack but she continues to keep her distance and has largely been eating from kills once the rest of the pack has moved on. She hasn't been chased from the territory, so I think the pack would still welcome her if she returned, but I'm still unsure whether she'll ever choose to do so or if she'll eventually move on.

Chantaey

Posted 2023-05-24 09:22:10 (edited)

Spring, Year 28

Year 1 of Kai's Reign

Greyfeather Pack

Alpha Kai

Alpha Chaser
1281 | L20 | ♂︎
5y 1½m | 6.2

Alpha Tariel

Alpha Chaser
1216 | L20 | ♂︎
5y 4½m | Unrelated

Ru

Alpha Chaser
1249 | L20 | ♂︎
5y 1½m | 6.2

Jing

Alpha Stalker
1228 | L20 | ♀︎
5y 1½m | 6.2

Adaline

Alpha Finisher
917 | L13 | ♀︎
2y 0½m | 7.1

Fang

Beta Finisher
1253 | L20 | ♀︎
6y 1½m | 6.1

Everett

Beta Stalker
863 | L13 | ♂︎
2y 0½m | 7.1

Finn

Beta Chaser
695 | L2 | ♂︎
1y 0½m | 7.2

Ginger

Beta Chaser
649 | L2 | ♀︎
1y 0½m | 7.2

Start of Spring
  • All is quiet.

• Hunting
      • Week 1: The pack kills a whitetail buck.
      • Week 2: The pack took down an elk cow.
  • Level-ups
    • Adeline is now level 13!
    • Everett is now level 12!

Early Spring
  • Tariel is settled into a den; the pack hunts without her.

• Hunting
      • Week 3: The pack kills a moose bull.
      • Week 4: The pack is well fed and does not hunt this week.

Mid Spring
  • Puppies are born!

• Hunting
      • Week 5: The pack kills a mule deer.
      • Week 6: The pack hunts an elk bull.
High Spring
  • All is quiet.

• Hunting
      • Week 7: The pack hunts a caribou cow.
      • Week 8: The pack is well fed and does not hunt this week.
  • Level-ups
    • Jing is now level 20!

Late Spring
  • Finn send Ginger become adults. Beta team is reformed.

• Hunting
      • Week 9: Alpha team took down a mule deer. Beta team lost track of their prey early on.
      • Week 10: Alpha team killed a moose cow.
End of Spring
  • Fang rejoins beta team.
  • Adaline develops symptoms of mange.

• Hunting
      • Week 11: Alpha team hunted an elk bull.
      • Week 12: The pack was well fed and did not hunt this week.
  • Level-ups
    • Everett is now level 13!
    • Finn and Ginger are now level 2!
  • Illnesses
    • Adaline: Mange

May 14 - 19, 2023   

Researcher's Notes

Early Spring (Month 1)

The first month of spring brought the expected surplus of food and easy hunting. Like the successful winter, I continue to see carcass remains picked over by scavengers rather than eaten down to the bone by the pack.

They have been ranging less these last couple weeks and I have not seen Tariel hunting with alpha team which tells me she is most likely in a den and preparing for pups. Fortunately alpha team has not been struggling without her and recently took down a moose bull--a good meal before pups arrive!

Mid Spring (Month 2)

Excitement among the pack tells me puppies have arrived! All the energy makes me feel excited as well, although it will be a few weeks yet before I get a look at them.

Fang has been eating with the pack recently rather than waiting until they depart from a kill and they seem to be accepting her as though nothing happened at all, although she continues to eat last, apparently by choice or out of caution. I was a little worried she'd be met with hostility now that there are new pups among the pack but if I had to venture a guess I'd say Kai has no intention of starting trouble so long as she doesn't.

Late Spring (Month 3)

Finn and Ginger, the last pups from Alpha Mira, turned a year old this month. After their time learning about hunting with the adults it is finally time for them to give it a go on their own. Beta team was reformed with the two of them as chasers and the wandering Everett joined as well to serve as their stalker with which he has some previous experience. Although their early attempts were clumsy and unsuccessful, after a couple weeks Fang ended up joining beta team as well! I haven't seen the motley crew succeed in a hunt just yet--they're still getting used to each other and alpha team has been doing just fine providing enough food for the pack--but it certainly is nice enough to see the pack big enough to support a second hunting team!

Chantaey

Posted 2023-05-31 11:51:16

Summer, Year 28

Year 1 of Kai's Reign

Greyfeather Pack

Alpha Kai

Alpha Chaser
1288 | L20 | ♂︎
5y 4½m | 6.2

Alpha Tariel

Alpha Chaser
1228 | L20 | ♀︎
5y 7½m | Unrelated

Anastasia

592 | L1 | ♀︎
0y 4½m | 8.1

Levon

578 | L1 | ♂︎
0y 4½m | 8.1

Elene

577 | L1 | ♀︎
0y 4½m | 8.1

Bezar

559 | L1 | ♂︎
0y 4½m | 8.1

Ru

Alpha Chaser
1264 | L20 | ♂︎
5y 4½m | 6.2

Jing

Alpha Stalker
1241 | L20 | ♀︎
5y 4½m | 6.2

Adaline

Alpha Finisher
986 | L15 | ♀︎
2y 3½m | 7.1

Fang

Beta Finisher
1272 | L20 | ♀︎
6y 4½m | 6.1

Everett

Beta Stalker
880 | L13 | ♂︎
2y 3½m | 7.1

Finn

Beta Chaser
756 | L7 | ♂︎
1y 3½m | 7.2

Ginger

Beta Chaser
709 | L7 | ♀︎
1y 3½m | 7.2

Start of Summer
  • All is quiet.

• Hunting
      • Week 1: The pack hunts a caribou cow.
      • Week 2: The pack is well-fed and does not hunt this week.
  • Level-ups
    • Adaline is now level 14!
  • Illnesses
Early Summer
  • The puppies wean.

• Hunting
      • Week 3: Alpha team hunts a caribou cow. Beta team loses their prey during the chase but happens upon a pheasant rooster.
  • Level-ups
    • Finn and Ginger are now level 5!
  • Illnesses

Mid Summer
  • Adaline recovers from mange.

• Hunting
      • Week 5: Alpha team hunts a moose cow.
      • Week 6: The pack is well fed and does not hunt this week.
Deep Summer
  • All is quiet.

• Hunting
      • Week 7: Alpha team hunts a mule deer. Beta team hunts a deer doe.
  • Level-ups
    • Finn and Ginger are now level 6!

Late Summer
  • All is quiet.

• Hunting
      • Week 9: Alpha team kills an elk cow. Beta team hunts a blacktail.
      • Week 10: The pack is well fed and does not hunt this week.
  • Level-ups
    • Adeline is now level 15!
End of Summer
  • All is quiet.

• Hunting
      • Week 11: Alpha team kills a caribou cow. Beta team takes down a moose bull.
      • Week 12: The pack is well fed and does not hunt this week.
  • Level-ups
    • Ginger and Finn are now level 7!

May 20 - 25, 2023   

Researcher's Notes

Early Summer (Month 1)

I finally got a glimpse of the puppies this month! Four pups, all which appear healthy and strong, including an energetic runt. I'm so excited to see a good-sized litter and oh so hopeful they will all make it. The largest pup is a female I've named Anastasia--she bears a resemblance to her mother, including a mottled nose. There is another female, Elene, who is mostly white with some cream tones, and two males; Levon who also bears his mother's mottled nose but his father's notable red shading along his back, and Bezar, the runt, who also inherited his mother's cream shading.

Now that they have finally weaned their mother Tariel has gone back to hunting with alpha team while their father, Kai, appears to be spending more time with them playing and keeping an eye on them. Despite the added distraction for the pack, hunting continues to go well.

Mid Summer (Month 2)

Adaline finally recovered from mange this month--she carried it so long I was worried it would spread. Truth be told, I'm genuinely surprised it didn't, but with the pups still growing I can only be thankful. Adaline appears to have suffered minimally from the illness--undoubtedly she was able to keep her strength up with the surplus of food the pack has been able to provide.

Late Summer (Month 3)

Beta team is finally seeing some success at the end of the season. Between failed hunts and no reason to hunt (thanks to alpha team's success) they had quite a rough start. Now they are bringing down large game, sometimes having more success than alpha team! The pack almost always leaves meat behind with the two teams proving so successful--the excess will hopefully encourage the pack to continue to grow.

Chantaey

Posted 2023-06-06 18:13:16

Autumn, Year 29

Year 1 of Kai's Reign

Greyfeather Pack

Alpha Kai

Alpha Chaser
1305 | L20 | ♂︎
5y 7½m | 6.2

Alpha Tariel

Alpha Chaser
1245 | L20 | ♀︎
5y 10½m | Unrelated

Anastasia

599 | L1 | ♀︎
0y 7½m | 8.1

Levon

585 | L1 | ♂︎
0y 7½m | 8.1

Elene

584 | L1 | ♀︎
0y 7½m | 8.1

Bezar

564 | L1 | ♂︎
0y 7½m | 8.1

Ru

Alpha Chaser
1279 | L20 | ♂︎
5y 7½m | 6.2

Jing

Alpha Stalker
1254 | L20 | ♀︎
5y 7½m | 6.2

Adaline

Alpha Finisher
1033 | L16 | ♀︎
2y 6½m | 7.1

Fang

Beta Finisher
1279 | L20 | ♀︎
6y 7½m | 6.1

Everett

Beta Stalker
919 | L14 | ♂︎
2y 6½m | 7.1

Finn

Beta Chaser
776 | L8 | ♂︎
1y 6½m | 7.2

Ginger

Beta Chaser
729 | L8 | ♀︎
1y 6½m | 7.2

Start of Autumn
  • All is quiet.

• Hunting
      • Week 1: Alpha team kills an elk cow. Beta team kills a blacktail buck.
      • Week 2: The pack is well fed and does not hunt this week.
Early Autumn
  • All is quiet.

• Hunting
      • Week 3: Alpha team kills a caribou cow. Beta team kills a whitetail buck.

Mid Autumn
  • All is quiet.

• Hunting
      • Week 5: Alpha team hunts an elk cow. Beta team lost track of their prey early on.
      • Week 6: Alpha team kills another elk cow.
  • Level-ups
    • Adaline is now level 16!
    • Finn and Ginger are now level 8!
Deep Autumn
  • Finn contracts pox.

• Hunting
      • Week 7: Alpha team kills a moose bull. Beta team takes down an elk bull.
  • Level-ups
    • Everett is now level 14!
  • Illnesses
    • Finn - Pox

Late Autumn
  • Finn recovers from pox.

• Hunting
      • Week 9: Alpha team kills a whitetail buck.
End of Autumn
  • Alpha Kai is injured on the elk hunt and will have a new scar across his nose.

• Hunting
      • Week 11: Alpha team hunts an elk bull. Beta hunts an elk cow.
      • Week 12: The pack is well fed and does not hunt this week.
  • Illnesses
    • Alpha Kai: Wounded

May 26 - 31, 2023   

Researcher's Notes

Early Autumn (Month 1)

It's been a quiet start to autumn and thankfully the entire pack remains healthy and fed. Although sometimes autumn begins to hint at harder hunts ahead, the pack's increasing experience and their smaller, southern territory provides them with plenty. The pups are growing larger and I expect they'll be joining the hunting teams as observers very soon!

Mid Autumn (Month 2)

As expected, the pups have grown old enough to start tagging along on hunts. The distraction proved a bit too much for poor Beta team the first time they had tag-alongs and lost track of their prey before they really had a chance at it. I suppose the pups need to learn about failure, too!

Finn contracted pox about a week ago--the illness is typically very dangerous to pups but fortunately ours should be old enough now to be out of the worst of the danger. Sickness as the months turn colder is always a concern so I'll be keeping an eye out for symptoms from any other pack members.

Late Autumn (Month 3)

Finn was fortunate and recovered in about a week without passing the pox on to anyone else. Unfortunately, Alpha Kai took a bad hit during an elk hunt this last week and has quite the wound on his nose. They did manage to get the elk--a big bull, but the injury seems to be slowing Kai down a bit. Winter is bound to make it even more uncomfortable--hopefully he recovers quickly.

Chantaey

Posted 2023-06-07 10:12:08 (edited)

Winter, Year 29

Year 1 of Kai & Tariel's Reign

Greyfeather Pack

Alpha Tariel

Alpha Chaser
1263 | L20 | ♀︎
6y 1½m | Unrelated

Anastasia

608 | L1 | ♀︎
0y 10½m | 8.1

Elene

592 | L1 | ♀︎
0y 10½m | 8.1

Levon

590 | L1 | ♂︎
0y 10½m | 8.1

Bezar

570 | L1 | ♂︎
0y 10½m | 8.1

Ru

Alpha Chaser
1301 | L20 | ♂︎
5y 10½m | 6.2

Jing

Alpha Stalker
1268 | L20 | ♀︎
5y 10½m | 6.2

Adaline

Alpha Finisher
1079 | L17 | ♀︎
2y 9½m | 7.1

Everett

Beta Stalker
930 | L14 | ♂︎
2y 9½m | 7.1

Finn

Beta Chaser
819 | L10 | ♂︎
1y 9½m | 7.2

Ginger

Beta Chaser
780 | L10 | ♀︎
1y 9½m | 7.2

Fang

Outskirts?
1287 | L20 | ♀︎
Weight: 90%
6y 10½m | 6.1

June 1 - 6, 2023   

Researcher's Notes

Early Winter (Month 1)

The first week of winter also saw alpha team fail a hunt for the first time in quite a while. Fortunately beta team was able to take down a bison and it was more than enough for the pack to keep themselves fed. Recently they were even able to take down a moose and are certainly pulling their weight in keeping the pack healthy.

Kai still hasn't recovered from his wound, although he's been doing his best to help alpha team hunt again. The cold and the injury are putting a clear strain on him and I've noticed him returning to their bison kill more frequently than usual to feed. Oddly enough Fang has also been returning frequently to the kill--so far as I know she isn't sick or wounded . . .

Mid Winter (Month 2)

What a strange and sad few weeks it's been. Although I've spotted her wandering the outskirts of the territory on trail cameras, I haven't seen Fang hunting with the pack since beta team took down that moose. We also lost Alpha Kai--I can only assume there were complications with his wound--it just didn't seem to be healing.

The loss of an alpha is a heavy blow to the pack and I swear I can hear the sorrow in their howling. Alpha Tariel seems especially upset at the loss and has been lethargic since he passed.

With Kai dead and Fang wandered off on her own again, both hunting teams are short members now. Ru, one of Alpha Kai's littermates, is doing his best to pick up the slack on alpha team (hopefully Tariel begins to help with that as well) while beta team now does their best short and chaser and without a dedicated finisher. Surprisingly Everett has been attempting to fill the role while Finn and Ginger pick up the slack as chasers, but although more experienced than the other two, Everett does not seem particularly adept as a finisher and the team continues to lose prey.

Late Winter (Month 3)

Fang still has not returned to the pack, although I see her scavenging off their kills. It made sense to me why she distanced herself after losing that fight to her brother, Kai, but I can't figure out why she's wandered off this time. I often hear the pack howling their location for a rendezvous but she never answers or arrives.

Beta team did finally have a successful hunt without her but they're struggling significantly. Thank goodness winter is almost over. Young Levon, one of the adolescents from the latest litter, has developed a cough and is having a hard time keeping up with the pack on hunts. Alpha Tariel still makes sure he gets his share, so he remains well fed but he's certainly missing out on the experience of attending the hunts.

Tariel, on the other hand, seems to be doing a little better--her appetite has improved and she's helping Ru fill the empty chaser role on alpha team. She went into heat this month and it just makes my heart hurt all over again. We've been fairly lucky, I guess you could say, to have lost most of our alphas to old age rather than illness or injury, but something like this was bound to happen eventually. I wonder whether Tariel will choose to lead the pack alone for the rest of her days or whether she might take Kai's brother Ru as a new mate.

Start of Winter
  • All is quiet.

• Hunting
      • Week 1: Alpha team lost track of the prey during the chase; however, they managed to corner a muskrat on the way back. Beta team took down a bison.
  • Level-ups
    • Finn and Ginger are now level 9!
  • Illnesses
    • Alpha Kai - Open Wound (19 HP)
Early Winter
  • All is quiet.

• Hunting
      • Week 3: Alpha team kills an elk cow. Beta team takes down a moose bull.
  • Illnesses
    • Alpha Kai - Open Wound (13 HP)
Mid Winter
  • Fang is not seen with the pack and is not hunting with beta team.

• Hunting
      • Week 5: Alpha team brings down an elk bull. Everett failed to bring down the prey for beta team.
      • Week 6: The pack is well fed and does not hunt this week.
  • Level-ups
    • Adaline is now level 17!
  • Illnesses
    • Alpha Kai - Open Wound (5 HP)
Deep Winter
  • Alpha Kai succumbs to his wound. Rest in peace.

• Hunting
      • Week 7: Alpha team hunts a whitetail buck. Everett failed to corner the prey for beta team but they ambushed a hare on the way home.
      • Week 8: Alpha team lost track of their prey early on but caught a muskrat on the way home. Beta team hunts a whitetail buck.
Late Winter
  • Levon develops a cough.

• Hunting
      • Week 9: Alpha team takes down an elk cow. Beta team hunts a deer doe.
  • Level-ups
    • Finn and Ginger are now level 10!
  • Illnesses
    • Levon - Cough
End of Winter
  • All is quiet.

• Hunting
      • Week 11: Alpha team kills a bighorn sheep ewe. Beta team lost track of their prey during the chase.
      • Week 12: Alpha team takes down a bighorn sheep ram.
  • Illnesses
    • Levon - Cough

Chantaey

Posted 2023-06-13 06:11:21

Spring, Year 29

Year 2 of Tariel's Reign

Greyfeather Pack

Alpha Tariel

Alpha Chaser
1279 | L20 | ♀︎
6y 4½m | Unrelated

Ru

Alpha Chaser
1317 | L20 | ♂︎
6y 1½m | 6.2

Jing

Alpha Stalker
1278 | L20 | ♀︎
6y 1½m | 6.2

Adaline

Alpha Finisher
1135 | L18 | ♀︎
3y 0½m | 7.1

Finn

Alpha Chaser
882 | L12 | ♂︎
2y 0½m | 7.2

Everett

Beta Stalker
973 | L15 | ♂︎
3y 0½m | 7.1

Ginger

Beta Chaser
810 | L11 | ♀︎
2y 0½m | 7.2

Anastasia

Beta Chaser
738 | L7 | ♀︎
1y 1½m | 8.1

Elene

Beta Finisher
722 | L7 | ♀︎
1y 1½m | 8.1

Bezar

Beta Chaser
696 | L7 | ♂︎
Weight: 80%
1y 1½m | 8.1

Levon

Scout
649 | L7 | ♂︎
1y 1½m | 8.1

On the Pack Outskirts

Fang

1287 | L20 | ♀︎
6y 10½m | 6.1

625 | L1 | ♀︎
0y 4m | 6.1.1

616 | L1 | ♀︎
0y 4m | 6.1.1

June 7 - 12, 2023   

Researcher's Notes

Early Spring (Month 1)

Alpha Tariel moved the pack north at the start of spring and it was perhaps one of the fastest shifts in territory I've ever seen the pack make. On better occassions, the pack might have been stuck near a den while their newest generation grew large enough to travel long distances, but with Kai recently lost and no pups on the way, perhaps Tariel took advantage of the spring bounty to make the change. Why she chose to move north, I can't say--the pack has been in their southern range since she joined--but I do know packs that can survive in the northern ranges tend to grow larger, faster. Perhaps the tundra was a region she was more familiar with when she was young?

I saw no sign of Fang during the move, although I admit the pack covered ground so quickly I didn't get many sightings of them. Moving camp and surveilance equipment has certainly been a chore but I do enjoy the tundra for the wide-open spaces and easy viewing. I'll continue to keep an eye out for Fang in hopes she's simply trailing along behind the pack but if she stays gone for too long I may not be able to consider her part of the pack anymore.

Mid Spring (Month 2)

The cough that Levon carried into spring is spreading more noticeably among the pack now. Last month it was moving slowly, from Levon, who recovered, to Alpha Tariel, but I wasn't too worried with only one pack member sick. A cough is more of a nuisance to them, after all. This month, however, there are now three pack members sick, including poor Levon again. They aren't recovering as quickly as I would expect them to in spring and I can't help but wonder if the stress from the move has anything to do with it. I suppose we should count ourselves lucky it's a cough and not the flu (I hope I haven't jinxed them).

In other news, I spotted Fang again this month! And she isn't alone--she's got two pups in tow! I think it's safe to assume the pups are the reason for her disappearance though which male they belong to I could only guess. I'm not sure whether she only had two, or whether she's lost some along the way, but she certainly didn't use the pack den to birth them and has presumably been keeping them fed on her own which are both impressive feats to overcome.

Now it appears she has followed the pack north which leads me to believe she's ready to rejoin them, however she continues to keep her distance. She may sense the illness in the pack, or is waiting for a time when they are better fed (hunting has not been going well this month) to make them more open to accepting the pups. I'm certainly curious to see how this unfolds--the pack once did very well with a lot of members to support it, however after Alpha Kai's loss, Alpha Tariel may be less than welcoming to pups that aren't her own.

Late Spring (Month 3)

The cough continues to linger among the pack this month and Elene appears to be suffering from an infection from a wound she received a couple weeks ago. Hunting has gone a little better this last month--Beta team only failed one hunt--however they are not skilled enough to take down the size of prey they were catching in the southern regions and so, despite success, the pack always seems to remain hungry. Illness doesn't help, of course, and I've noticed a few of the younger pack members starting to lose a bit of weight.

Fang made her move last week, bringing her pups and a peace offering (the remains of a porcupine she'd hunted on her own) to the pack. Most members remembered her and were accepting of her presence and curious about the pups, but I did not see any sort of 'official' meeting between Alpha Tariel and Fang or the pups. Certainly the alpha is aware of their presence, but there's no obvious acceptance or rejection of the three. They haven't been chased away, but they haven't integrated into the pack, either. I'm curious how this will turn out--Fang has done quite well on her own and the pups seem strong despite poor circumstances, but she is on the older side and perhaps the pups would have a better chance of survival if they secured a place within the pack.

Start of Spring (June 7)
  • Tariel moves the pack north into the tundra.

• Hunting
      • Week 1: Alpha team kills an elk bull. Beta team takes down a bison.
Illnesses
  • Levon - Cough
Early Spring (June 8)
  • Levon recovers from his cough however it spreads to Alpha Tariel.
  • No sign of Fang since the pack moved north.

• Hunting
      • Week 3: Alpha team hunts a caribou calf.
      • Week 4: Alpha team kills another caribou calf.
Level-ups
  • Adaline is now level 18!
  • Everett is now level 15!
Illnesses
  • Cough - Alpha Tariel (37 HP)

Mid Spring (June 9)
  • The cough spread to Adaline.
  • The pups have graduated to adults.

• Hunting
      • Week 5: Alpha team lost track of their prey early on. Beta team lost their prey during the chase.
      • Week 6: Alpha team lost track of their prey early on but cornered a stoat on the way home. Beta team hunted a porcupine but the pack remains hungry.
Level-ups
  • Ginger and Finn are now level 11!
  • Anastasia, Bezar and Elene are now level 4!
  • Levon is now level 2!
Illnesses
  • Cough - Alpha Tariel (35 HP), Adaline (47 HP)
High Spring (June 10)
  • Alpha Tariel recovers from her cough however it has spread to Bezar and Levon.
  • Fang is spotted near the pack territory with two pups in tow.

• Hunting
      • Week 7: Alpha team took down a caribou calf. Beta team lost track of their prey during the chase.
      • Week 8: Alpha team hunts a muskox calf. Beta team kills a porcupine. The pack remains hungry and some members begin to show signs of weight loss.
Level-ups
  • Bezar, Anastasia, Elene - Level 6
  • Levon - Level 5
Illnesses
  • Cough - Adaline (45 HP), Bezar (35 HP), Levon (33 HP)

Late Spring (June 11)
  • Levon and Adaline recover from their cough, however it spread to Ru.
  • Elene is injured and will have a scar on her hind leg; her wound appears infected.

• Hunting
      • Week 9: Alpha team kills a muskox calf. Beta team kills a porcupine.
      • Week 10: Alpha team kills another muskox calf. Beta team hunts another porcupine.
Level-ups
  • Finn - Level 12
  • Levon - Level 6
Illnesses
  • Cough - Bezar (29 HP), Ru (38 HP)
  • Infection - Elene (35 HP)
End of Spring (June 12)
  • Fang approaches the pack with a peace offering.

• Hunting
      • Week 11: Alpha team killed a porcupine. Beta team lost their prey during the chase but managed to snag a muskrat on the way home.
      • Week 12: Alpha team killed a caribou calf. Beta team caught a porcupine.
Level-ups
  • Bezar, Anastasia, Elene, Levon - Level 7
Illnesses
  • Cough - Bezar (36 HP), Ru (32 HP)
  • Infection - Elene (36 HP)

Chantaey

Posted 2023-06-20 16:43:40

Summer, Year 29

Year 2 of Tariel's Reign

Greyfeather Pack

Alpha Tariel

Alpha Chaser
1290 | L20 | ♀︎
6y 7½m | Unrelated

Ru

Alpha Chaser
1333 | L20 | ♂︎
6y 4½m | 6.2

Jing

Alpha Stalker
1285 | L20 | ♀︎
6y 4½m | 6.2

Adaline

Alpha Finisher
1190 | L19 | ♀︎
3y 3½m | 7.1

Finn

Alpha Chaser
950 | L14 | ♂︎
2y 3½m | 7.2

Everett

Beta Stalker
1022 | L16 | ♂︎
3y 3½m | 7.1

Ginger

Beta Chaser
850 | L12 | ♀︎
2y 3½m | 7.2

Anastasia

Beta Chaser
785 | L9 | ♀︎
1y 4½m | 8.1

Elene

Beta Finisher
770 | L9 | ♀︎
1y 4½m | 8.1

Bezar

Beta Chaser
750 | L9 | ♂︎
1y 4½m | 8.1

Levon

Scout
690 | L9 | ♂︎
1y 4½m | 8.1

On the Pack Outskirts

Fang

1292 | L20 | ♀︎
Weight: 60%
6y 10½m | 6.1

630 | L1 | ♀︎
0y 7m | 6.1.1

621 | L1 | ♀︎
0y 7m | 6.1.1

June 13 - 18, 2023   

Researcher's Notes

Early Summer (Month 1)

Elene appears to be doing much better now and the cough is dissipating--only Bezar continues to have symptoms for it. Alpha team has been focusing their hunts on young caribou and, when successful, the kills are just enough to feed the pack. When hunger or illness leaves some members still hungry, beta team can fill in the gap with whatever they can find. I was worried how they'd fare for food in the tundra but so far this is looking like a fairly efficient system.

Fang and her pups, unfortunately, remain outside the pack--tolerated but not welcomed. Despite her age I've seen her hunting to feed her pups but she also seems to be teaching them to scavenge from the pack's kills when anything remains to be eaten.

Mid Summer (Month 2)

Jing, alpha team's valuable stalker, was injured this month and carries an open wound. The loss of a stalker in this harsh environment could be disastrous for the pack so I'll be keeping an  eye on her an monitoring her recovery. One of the young members, Anastasia, also picked up fleas this month--the largest danger they pose, of course, is spread, but hopefully they won't stick around.

Fang's pups are big enough to accompany the adults on hunts and begin learning the ropes. Fang made another attempt to integrate them into the pack but Tariel would not allow their presence on the hunt. Beta team wasn't too strict on following the instruction of their alpha, however, and I did see the young adolescents tagging along on one of beta team's hunts.

While I had hoped the pups might be welcomed to the pack, Tariel's reluctance to allow them to accompany her hunts tells me they are unlikely to join. It is good they're being tolerated, though, and sneaking in on hunts with beta team means the two might be better prepared to strike out on their own when their old enough.

Late Summer (Month 3)

The end of summer brought beautiful warm weather to the tundra and the entire pack, well-fed, have recovered from their various injuries and ailments! Unfortunately Fang is looking quite thin this month--there has not been much left over from the pack's kills for herself and her pups to eat. The pups are looking better than she is, at least. I've seen her making hunting attempts and she is usually successful, though only with small game, but her age is clearly making it difficult for her. I'm truly impressed with her grit and thankful to Tariel who, despite being unwelcoming, has at least tolerated the family scavenging from their kills.

Start of Summer (June 13)
  • Elene recovers from the infection.
  • Ru recovers from his cough.

• Hunting
      • Week 1: Alpha team lost track of their prey during the chase. Beta team hunts down a porcupine.
      • Week 2: Alpha team kills a caribou calf. Beta team hunts down another porcupine.
  • Level-ups
    • Level 13 - Finn
    • Level 12 - Ginger
  • Illnesses
    • Cough - Bezar (34 HP)
Early Summer (June 14)
  • All is quiet.

• Hunting
      • Week 3: Alpha team took down a caribou calf. Beta team hunted a porcupine.
      • Week 4: Alpha team cornered a porcupine. Beta team lost track of their prey during the chase but were able to ambush a stoat on the way home.
  • Level-ups
    • Level 19 - Adaline
    • Level 8 - Bezar, Levon, Anastasia, Elene
  • Illnesses
    • Cough - Bezar (36 HP)

Mid Summer (June 15)
  • All is quiet.

• Hunting
      • Week 5: Alpha team took down a caribou calf. The pack was well-fed and beta team did not hunt this week.
      • Week 6: Alpha team killed a porcupine. Beta team cornered a muskrat.
  • Illnesses
    • Cough - Bezar (30 HP)
High Summer (June 16)
  • Anastasia is afflicted with fleas.
  • Jing is injured and has an open wound.

• Hunting
      • Week 7: Alpha team kills a caribou calf. The pack is well-fed and Beta team does not hunt this week.
      • Week 8: Alpha team kills a porcupine. Beta team ambushes a beaver.
  • Level-ups
    • Level 16 - Everett
  • Illnesses
    • Cough - Bezar (28 HP)
    • Fleas - Anastasia
    • Jing - Open Wound (26 HP)

Late Summer (June 17)
  • Bezar recovers from his cough.
  • Anastasia is rid of the fleas.
  • Jing's open wound is healed.

• Hunting
      • Week 9: Alpha team hunts a caribou calf. Beta team lost track of their prey during the chase.
      • Week 10: Alpha team takes down a seal. The pack is well fed and beta team does not hunt this week.
  • Level-ups
    • Level 9 - Levon, Bezar, Anastasia, Elene
End of Summer (June 18)
  • All is quiet.

• Hunting
      • Week 11: Alpha team took down a caribou calf. The pack is well fed and beta team does not hunt this week.
      • Week 12: Alpha team hunted another caribou calf. The pack is well fed and beta team does not hunt this week.
  • Level-ups
    • Level 14 - Finn

Chantaey

Posted 2023-06-28 13:16:18

Autumn, Year 30

Year 2 of Tariel's Reign

Greyfeather Pack

Alpha Tariel

Alpha Chaser
1306 | L20 | ♀︎
6y 10½m | Unrelated

Ru

Alpha Chaser
1341 | L20 | ♂︎
6y 7½m | 6.2

Jing

Alpha Stalker
1298 | L20 | ♀︎
6y 7½m | 6.2

Adaline

Alpha Finisher
1207 | L19 | ♀︎
3y 6½m | 7.1

Finn

Alpha Chaser
988 | L15 | ♂︎
2y 6½m | 7.2

Everett

Beta Stalker
1033 | L16 | ♂︎
3y 6½m | 7.1

Ginger

Beta Chaser
880 | L13 | ♀︎
2y 6½m | 7.2

Anastasia

Beta Chaser
811 | L10 | ♀︎
1y 7½m | 8.1

Elene

Beta Finisher
795 | L10 | ♀︎
1y 7½m | 8.1

Bezar

Beta Chaser
776 | L10 | ♂︎
1y 7½m | 8.1

Levon

Scout
690 | L9 | ♂︎
1y 7½m | 8.1

On the Pack Outskirts

639 | L1 | ♀︎
0y 10m | 6.1.1

627 | L1 | ♀︎
0y 10m | 6.1.1

June 19 - 24, 2023   

Researcher's Notes

The autumn season has largely been a battle with ear mites which started with the young scout, Levon, early in the season. We did have a scare with Ru, one of the elder chasers on alpha team, who had an open wound and had grown quite weak before he finally started showing signs of recovery mid-season.

Fang passed away in deep autumn, leaving her adolescent pups to fend for themselves. Fortunately beta team was still tolerant of their presence and continued to let them get a few mouthfuls of any kills they made before Tariel arrives to shoo them away.

The ear mites started spreading late in the season and Alpha Tariel, perhaps in preparation for the infestation, for winter, or for both, moved the pack south again. Fang's pups followed along in their wake like little scavengers, but they are looking pretty skinny and I worry how they'll fare this winter. The rest of the pack is showing signs of weight loss as well--likely because of the mites already affecting several hunters. It's a dangerous start to winter, for certain.

Start of Autumn (June 19)
  • Ru is injured on the hunt for the muskox and has an open wound.

• Hunting
      • Week 1: Alpha team hunted a young muskox. Beta team takes down a porcupine.
      • Week 2: Alpha team lost track of their prey early on. Beta team hunts another porcupine. Levon remains hungry and returns to last week's kill to fill his belly.
Illnesses
  • Open Wound - Ru (26 HP)
Early Autumn (June 20)
  • Levon is showing symptoms of ear mites and is too miserable to leave the rendezvous.

• Hunting
      • Week 3: Alpha team takes down a young caribou. The pack is well fed and beta team does not hunt this week. Fang manages to ambush a stoat for her pups.
      • Week 4: Alpha team hunts a porcupine. Beta team took down a mule deer. Fang and her pups devoured the leftovers. Still hungry, Fang attempts to hunt again, and catches a porcupine.
Level-ups
  • Level 13 - Ginger
Illnesses
  • Open Wound - Ru (20 HP)
  • Ear Mites - Levon

Mid Autumn (June 21)
  • All is quiet.

• Hunting
      • Week 5: Alpha team took down a young muskox. Beta team ambushed a muskrat. Fang was unable to find anything for herself or her pups.
      • Week 6: Alpha team hunts a young caribou. The pack is well fed and beta team does not hunt this week.
Level-ups
  • Level 10 - Bezar, Elene, Anastasia
Illnesses
  • Open Wound - Ru (14 HP)
  • Ear Mites - Levon
Deep Autumn (June 22)
  • Ru recovers from his open wound.
  • Fang dies of old age. Rest in peace.
  • The ear mites have spread to Bezar.

• Hunting
      • Week 7: Alpha team hunts a young caribou. The pack is well fed and Beta team does not hunt this week.
      • Week 8: Alpha team takes down a bearded seal. The pack is well fed and Beta team does not hunt this week. Fang's pups devour the remains of the seal.
Illnesses
  • Ear Mites - Levon, Bezar

Late Autumn (June 23)
  • Ear mites have spread to Jing.
  • Tariel moves the pack south.
  • Anastasia is injured and has an open wound. She will have a large scar on her left eye.

• Hunting
      • Week 9: The pack is unable to hunt as they are too focused on establishing new territory.
      • Week 10: Alpha team took down a mule deer. Beta team hunts a porcupine and Fang's pups fill their bellies with leftovers.
Level-ups
  • Level 15 - Finn
Illnesses
  • Ear Mites - Levon, Bezar, Jing
  • Open Wound - Anastasia (26 HP)
End of Autumn (June 24)
  • Bezar is rid of the ear mites however, they spread to Finn and Ru.

• Hunting
      • Week 11: Alpha team and beta team both ambushed a stoat.
      • Week 12: Alpha team took down a whitetail deer. Beta team caught a beaver.
Level-ups
  • Level 20 - Adaline
Illnesses
  • Ear Mites - Levon, Jing, Finn, Ru
  • Open Wound - Anastasia (20 HP)

Chantaey

Posted 2023-07-11 12:54:05

Winter, Year 30

Year 3 of Tariel's Reign

Greyfeather Pack

Alpha Tariel

Alpha Chaser
1315 | L20 | ♀︎
7y 1½m | Unrelated

Ru

Alpha Chaser
1341 | L20 | ♂︎
6y 10½m | 6.2

Jing

Alpha Stalker
1302 | L20 | ♀︎
6y 10½m | 6.2

Adaline

Alpha Finisher
1254 | L20 | ♀︎
3y 9½m | 7.1

Finn

Alpha Chaser
995 | L15 | ♂︎
2y 9½m | 7.2

Everett

Beta Stalker
1039 | L16 | ♂︎
3y 9½m | 7.1

Ginger

Beta Chaser
890 | L13 | ♀︎
2y 9½m | 7.2

Anastasia

Beta Chaser
823 | L10 | ♀︎
Weight: 70%
1y 10½m | 8.1

Elene

Beta Finisher
800 | L10 | ♀︎
1y 10½m | 8.1

Bezar

Beta Chaser
785 | L10 | ♂︎
1y 10½m | 8.1

Levon

Scout
720 | L10 | ♂︎
1y 10½m | 8.1

June 25 - 30, 2023   

Researcher's Notes

Early Winter (Month 1)

The mite infestation predictably got worse in the cold months of winter. Despite having moved to easier hunting grounds, both teams have been struggling to capture prey. Alpha team is down to just Tariel and Finn at this point and with neither of them experienced stalkers, they're not finding much worthwhile. Beta team, though doing a little better at the start of winter, seems to be struggling now as well, only finding small game which is nowhere near enough to feed the pack. Unless their luck changes drastically it is shaping up to be a difficult winter.

Mid Winter (Month 2)

By mid winter only Alpha Tariel remained from alpha team to hunt. Her initial attempt ended in failure and beta team didn't do much better, but only a week later the alpha managed to weaken and kill a moose bull entirely on her own. It was an impressive feat and a kill that would have normally kept the pack fed for a couple weeks but the starving wolves devoured the meal in its entirety.

Although beta team had moderate luck this month as well, the pack is noticeably starving. I'm not sure I've ever seen them looking so thin. Fang's pups, the two female adolescents who had been following the pack and scavenging, rarely had much left to eat unless beta team allowed them a bite of a fresh kill. They've grown however, and seem to have disappeared this month. I hope they've grown confident enough to try hunting on their own and did not starve themselves.

Late Winter (Month 3)

Finally, a windfall for the pack. In this last month of winter they've managed to take down three moose and a couple deer. You wouldn't know by looking at them now that they were close to starvation only a month ago--it's a miracle they all made it through.

The ear mites remain an issue--there always seem to be several pack members miserable and virtually useless to the pack but with spring coming I can only hope they stand a better chance of being rid of them.

Start of Winter (June 25)
  • Levon is free of the ear mites however, they spread to Everett.
  • Beta team continues to allow Fang's pups to tag along on hunts, and even allows them a few mouthfuls of their kills, if there is enough, but Tariel always chases them away once she arrives.

• Hunting
      • Week 1: Alpha Tariel and Adaline ambushed a beaver. Beta team hunts a blacktail deer.
      • Week 2: Tariel and Adaline hunt a porcupine together. Beta team takes down a whitetail deer.
Illnesses
  • Ear Mites - Jing, Finn, Ru, Everett
  • Open Wound - Anastasia (14 HP)
Early Winter (June 26)
  • Finn is rid of the ear mites however, they have spread to Adaline.

• Hunting
      • Week 3: Alpha Tariel failed to bring down the prey she and Finn hunted. Beta team was only able to find a pheasant hen.
      • Week 4: Alpha Tariel failed to bring down the prey she and Finn hunted but they managed to ambush a stoat on the way home. Beta team only managed to hunt a grouse.
Level-ups
  • Level 10 - Levon
Illnesses
  • Ear Mites - Jing, Ru, Everett, Adaline
  • Open Wound - Anastasia (8 HP)

Mid Winter (June 27)
  • Anastasia's wound heals.
  • The ear mites spread to Finn.

• Hunting
      • Week 5: Alpha Tariel lost track of her prey during the chase. Beta team only managed to find a pheasent.
      • Week 6: Alpha Tariel miraculously managed to harry a moose bull down on her own. Beta team took down a deer doe.
Illnesses
  • Ear Mites - Jing, Ru, Everett, Adaline, Finn
Deep Winter (June 28)
  • Jing is rid of the ear mites however, they spread to Elene.
  • Fang's pups reach adulthood and depart from the pack's territory.

• Hunting
      • Week 7: Both teams lost track of their prey early in the chase. Beta team managed to ambush a stoat on the way home.
      • Week 8: Tariel and Jing lost their prey during the chase. Beta team takes down a blacktail deer.
Illnesses
  • Ear Mites - Ru, Everett, Adaline, Finn, Elene

Late Winter (June 29)
  • Everett, Adaline and Finn are free of ear mites however, they spread to Anastasia.

• Hunting
      • Week 9: Alpha team lost track of their prey early in the chase. Beta team takes down a deer doe.
      • Week 10: Alpha team took down a moose cow. Beta team's prey slipped away before they could finish the chase.
Illnesses
  • Ear Mites - Ru, Elene, Anastasia
End of Winter (June 30)
  • Anastasia is free of ear mites however, they spread to Jing and Ginger.

• Hunting
      • Week 11: Alpha moose bull. Beta moose cow.
      • Week 12: Alpha team loses their prey during the chase. Beta team takes down a deer doe. You wouldn't know by looking at them that the pack was nearly starving two weeks ago.
Illnesses
  • Ear Mites - Ru, Elene, Jing, Ginger

*Apologies for falling so behind again! I've had trouble finding the time for lore posts the last few weeks but rest-assured I plan to catch up over the next couple days. Thanks for reading!

Chantaey

Search Topic