Skip to main content
Main Content

Development Update #14

Posted 2021-12-20 03:56:47 (edited)
Awesome! Does anyone know if remnants can be used to craft nesting materials?

Edit: Doesn't look like you can use remnants to craft nesting materials. This is a bit of a bummer for me, personally.

mercurie

Posted 2021-12-20 04:02:54 (edited)
I adore the remnants feature, it's going to improve so much.

Currently, FAPA is very tedious because you have to go to the bottom of the den and select the cave to feed or play from a drop-down menu for every single individual cave. If you have the full 10 caves, this makes feeding and playing really annoying. Given that most players who are desperate for FAPA upgrades have large packs, this requires either a great deal of scrolling or annoying button mashing (End + page up), and it's almost faster just to feed from hoard.

I'd recommend replacing the FAPA cave drop down menu with a checklist/selection box, maybe like you have in trading menu where you select items, to be able to select caves from a list to feed or play with, so you can for example feed 8 out of 10 caves or play 9 out of 10 caves at once. As it is, this update is kind of useless for feeding and amusing large packs where you have one or two specific caves you don't want to feed or play with.

Feed/amuse from stack isn't actually appearing for me. It did initially but then disappeared. I assume this is a bug, but for now I can't comment on this feature as I can't test it.
Edit: stack feature is back for me, and I tested. As others have said, this is currently actually slower and more annoying than doing it one item at a time, due to the fact that the drop down menu doesn't automatically put in a wolf who needs feeding/playing. If you go to an individual item, it has a drop down menu of wolves to feed/play with using the item, and it automatically selects the first needy wolf. The stack drop down menu doesn't do this, meaning you need to manually select a wolf from the menu every time, which is much slower. This should hopefully be a quick fix, and definitely needs changing.

Edit2: If, as tests seem to indicate, remnant feathers cannot currently be used to make nesting material, this badly needs fixing. For many users, reducing feathers to 1 use is their primary source of nesting material supply.

Spontaneite

Posted 2021-12-20 04:11:35 (edited)
@Mercurie

I tested and it seems remnants can not be crafted into nesting at this time dont quote me but I burred unnessary stuff to make room and tested with both blue jay and gull feathers.

@Admins

I agree with Spontaneite on the check list. Also I would tell everyone that you only get remnants of items already used fro crafting it seems. I tested out whale bones and you get nothing by fully using them.

Edit: Also Remnants don't seem to show up in TC normally. You can make a trade with them but when I go to Item > Bone > Recent my trade does not show up so far.

WinterNexus

Posted 2021-12-20 04:13:10
I second the opinion that remnants are very good but feeding/playing from stack is useless if it doesn't automatically select a wolf.

Fal - semi hiatus

Posted 2021-12-20 04:13:46
@Spontaneite: There was a slight issue with feeding/playing from a stack, it's been fixed and should be re-enabled!

@WinterNexus: This was already mentioned in the news post right under the Remnants header:

When an item that can be used for crafting is completely used up in feeding or playing it will now generate a "Remnant" version.  These new Remnants are now used in crafting in place of the food/amusement item.

This member is an Admin. Katze

Posted 2021-12-20 04:17:13
I find the feeding from stack easier, and faster, since I don't have to select repeatedly new carcass to feed from.

The remnants idea is really nice! However, I hope it only turns actually craftable items into them and not just everything.

Happend to notice that I got a remnant of a food item, which are not usually used in crafting. I believe this is still just a WIP stage of the remnants and it's in the development, so I hope it gets fixed if it's not supposed to do that! I don't want my hoard to stock up with these useless remnants everytime I feed my wolves or so (since they can't be sold, I rather just wouldn't have the extra ones with no actual use rather than having to discard them everytime).

But this was my input. Thanks for your hard work like always <3

Nemoxcix

Posted 2021-12-20 04:17:46
@Katze

Ahh that made no sense to my brain as I personally consider everything a "possible crafting item" meaning I save everything at 1 use even if its not a crafting item yet. That does make sense thanks for clarification.

I also added a edit on my post but seeing how they are now I don't expect them to pop up in TC yet.

WinterNexus

Posted 2021-12-20 04:17:55
@Nemoxcix: It's meant to only give remnants for items used in crafting recipes, if you've received remnants for anything not in a recipe, please report that to the Bugbox! :D

This member is an Admin. Katze

Posted 2021-12-20 04:32:11
Seconding everythinv Spontaneite is saying, with particular emphasis on removing the blank bar on the feed from stack dropdown - it should be just like the original feeding from carcass dropdown, that blank bar triples the amoumt of clicking vs the original dropdown where you can just keep hitting the feed button.

unsknown

Posted 2021-12-20 04:34:07
This is probably the update I've been most looking forward to ^^
Just tried it out for playing with wolves and I can say it's 100% better, no more putting it off for days when I don't have the spoons!

I do agree with what others have said though, it's a bit odd/frustrating that it doesn't auto-select the next wolf in the list. I can put up with it unless my hands are hurting, but I know people who would find it just as difficult as before, if not more. I hope it can be fixed easily.

VagueShapes