Skip to main content
Main Content

DESIGN A NBW MOJAVE - WIN A NBW MOJAVE - CLOSED (WINNER ANNNOUNCED)

Posted 2021-07-16 18:15:06

The Life of the Mojave
Wardrobe (Without Decor)

Lore Samplet: 

Long ago, life in the Mojave desert used to be non-existent. The present day cacti and wildlife weren't there for thousands of years, millions even.
Somewhere in the middle of the desert, at a oasis now lost to the sands of time, a wolf pup was born. This wolf wasn't a normal pup. Their fur was a bright pink, orange dancing along in vibrant colors like a cactus blossom. The edges of their fur faded red like a summer sunset, exploding in colors of different array. 
The Mojave Desert was their home, their birth place, but empty. How did they get here? How did their siblings get here? There mother was nowhere in sight, despite the faint memories of her smell and her soft fur. It was so empty. If they left the oasis, they would surely die of thirst. 
The pups stayed, and stayed, living off toads and insects that somehow gotten to the oasis, and the occasional palm tree leaf when food was scarce. However, when the pup and their siblings reached six months old, a power was discovered. Plants sprouted from each step took, some cactus, some bushes, some trees, all types of foliage was made. Only the pup with pink fur had this ability, their siblings watching in awe as plants and water sprouted from her paw pads. Now, decades later, the Mojave is lush with plants and animals, a hot but beautiful place to live.
----
A Blooming Assassin
Wardrobe (Without Decor)

Lore Samplet:

Pups born with odd fur were usually abandoned. Colors such as pink, blue, orange, yellow, and other vibrant, unnatural shades were seen as a sign of illness and disease. As such, pups were usually abandoned by their parents soon after birth, left to die to a predator or starvation. A pup that was born with pink and orange fur was of no exception, left beside a river to die.
However, this pup had a stroke of luck. While whining and calling out for their mother, the pup drew the attention of a nearby coyote. This wasn't a normal coyote, this coyote didn't hear the cries and think of prey. It was, in fact, a female coyotes who was grieving. Her litter had died a few hours ago soon after birth to a weasel. The coyote didn't see the wolf pup as prey, rather as her own kin. 
The motherly coyote proceeded to raise the wolf as her own, teaching it to hunt, to swim, to do all the things a predator would need to do in the wild.
One day, as the wolf pup, now an adolescent waited for her mother to return, she never did, even as the sun fell beneath the horizon, casting darkness across the land. The next day, the wolf left with a mission; to find their mom. In the end, the wolf found their mom, in the jaws of another wolf. Far too young to do anything, the wolf fled for the forest, disappearing in the trees. 
Now, present day, the wolf with majestic pink and orange fur searched for that one wolf who killed her mother, searching and searching so they could one day have their revenge.
----
A Mutated Cnitharian 
Wardrobe (Without Accents)

Lore Samplet:

Under the full moon, a wolf was born a rare, beautiful color. Tendrils sprouted from their head, spots in their fur pulsing a bright blue color. They were a hybrid, half wolf-half Cnitharian. The pack she was born into was a cnitharian pack, born from a loving mother and nourished as one of their own. 
Being half wolf, the pup had a paw in both worlds, able to freely travel between the Dreamlands and the Overworld at any time, whenever they wanted. This ability was seen as sacred by the pack, and as such the wolf was treated like a god, a god who protected them from the dangers of both the Dreamlands and the Overworld.
----
A Loving Mother
Wardrobe (Without Decor)

Lore Samplet:

A wolf with pink and blue fur who lived in a temperate forest had an interesting occupation. They would go around the woods, collecting and rescuing abandoned or lost pups and raising them to adulthood as her own.

magicfetus

Posted 2021-07-16 20:39:44

I was waiting for the other to end incase so heres my entry ^^

Dwelling Flame (Without decor 

KiraKiona

Posted 2021-07-16 22:39:48 (edited)

Seed of the Autumn Wind (Seed)

(Without Decor)

In the process of writing his whole backstory, but in essence, Seed was born in the mountains where he was an anomaly for his pelt— most of the wolves were grey and blended in with the snowy peaks, while his own was rich and red. In his first year away from home, he drew the attention of hunters. When he realized their desire to hunt him for his pelt was putting his family, who had claimed the mountains as home for generations, in danger, he fled, leading the hunters away from his family and simultaneously launching himself into an unfamiliar world of challenge and adventure.

Wanted him to have auburn mark potential without looking too garish (those red markings can be killers), so I ended up making a faux-auburn haha! Actually very pleased with the aesthetic, kind of a darker version of the base underneath it all! I tried really hard to keep both special markings, but I don't usually love grizzle (I prefer softer fades for the most part), and ultimately I thought the design was worth the shot. I hope you like what I ended up with! I might try again with a lighter design, but for now this is my only entry ^^ if I were to win him, I would definitely make him my breeding male and bond him with my lead wolf! I would want to keep his line uncommon, but would of course be happy to stud to you exclusively!

Sneep

Posted 2021-07-17 21:27:20

edited my submission w/ a quick decor mockup! :D 

Shiba [pie shark nbw]

Posted 2021-07-17 23:15:43

here she is! my kinda pathetic attempt but oh well!

seraweed

Search Topic