Skip to main content
Main Content

Parents of Mutated Pups Automatically Granted Carrier Status [ADDED]

Parents of Mutated Pups Automatically Granted Carrier Status [ADDED]
Posted 2021-02-10 09:26:02 (edited)

just a little idea I have! I have a non-albino wolf with an albino pup, so I know the mom is a carrier, but her carrier status is still listed as 'unknown'. The news post has asked we check with gene- a fairly expensive 150SC- before listing potential carriers. I think this is a great way to reduce scamming and I am all for that! However, if a wolf already has proven they're a carrier it seems strange that their carrier status is still officially 'unknown' without the player having to pay to check!

My idea is just that, if a wolf has a mutated pup, they're automatically given 'carrier' status for that mutation, since they're definitely carriers! This would be another barrier to false advertising or scamming (preventing people from saying, for example, 'oh she's a carrier, she had an albino pup but it died'), and help streamline gameplay a little!

This is just a small fix, but I think it would improve gameplay without having many or any negative impacts!

Crickets 🦗

Posted 2021-02-10 09:30:08

Support. I went and checked and was kind of shocked it didn't auto fill. If you had a mel pup you HAVE to carry mel so it just makes sense

Lily

Posted 2021-02-10 09:36:50

Supported, this would be nice and very simple. Also it’s a bit contradictory if you’re trying to sell a carrier who’s already had a mutated pup, when you don’t want to use the SC to confirm their status. What’re you supposed to say? Other than suck it up and pay the SC. I believe with the new rules about ‘potential’ carriers who aren’t confirmed via the stone, that you might not be able to advertise them that way. Or they’d make an exception, but yea support. 

LeapingDoe

Posted 2021-02-10 09:47:24

Full support! I'd really rather not have to pay 150sc just to get confirmed status for something that's... already confirmed.

Shadow

Posted 2021-02-10 09:49:20 (edited)

Support. I have a couple of confirmed carriers and I do not see a reason to pay to reveal it on their page, when it is already confirmed.

Miso 🥣

Posted 2021-02-10 10:01:09 (edited)

Support 100%

I was hoping it would do this, I have a mother confirmed Albino carrier (her daughter has an Albino son and the stud she bred to is not a carrier, she and daughter were also both scried before) and the fact Id have to jump hoops to show she's"technically" a carrier with proof or pay half a days wages just to continue reverse studding her is a little ridiculous

Same goes for the mother of the Albino, she has the proof directly in her nest, it shouldn't be so hard

Katkateu

Posted 2021-02-10 11:51:33 (edited)

Support!

This seems sensible because if the mother has a pup with a mutation then she is obviously a carrier herself. At this point, there would be no use in paying SC to be told information that you already knew. The only issue would be with other people would not know which is why this is a good solution.

Question: If the mother has a pup with a mutation and the pup dies and is not stored in the dynasty would she keep her confirmed carrier status? Personally, I would want to keep the mother to keep her confirmed carrier status because even though her pup has died she would have still have proven herself to be a confirmed carrier.

🌿 Fern 🌿

Posted 2021-02-10 12:23:15

Support, and I also wish the price was lowered.

Warpig

Posted 2021-02-10 12:54:39

@Kat I think she would. The pup may not show up anywhere but the game has already identified and labeled her as a carrier so I see no reason for it to change back

Lily

Posted 2021-02-22 18:46:33

Support! If a mutated pup is visible within family lineage, it only makes sense for them to be automatically confirmed as a carrier. 50/150 is quite a bit to spend on an already confirmed carrier. Though, for the record, don't get me wrong- I think the price is entirely sensible. It prevents the Mutation Market from absolutely exploding and making them as common as, say, merle markings. Their rarity would absolutely tank from cheaper scries- I feel like they've already gotten way more common even with that higher price point.

HOWEVER, that 50/150 should be put towards wolves with unconfirmed lineage, not wolves who already have living albinos/brachys/mels.

⭐️Star