Skip to main content
Main Content

Mutation Carrier Revealing Item

Mutation Carrier Revealing Item
Posted 2020-11-10 08:04:38

I have a fairly simple idea with a bit of flexibility. Either a grove item or scrying option that can be used on a wolf to reveal if they are a carrier for a mutation.

While we're in the very beginning stage of this game, it's arduous to find not only one carrier but two, and happen to breed them together, and get the possible mutation. With a carrier revealer, there would still be the trouble of figuring out which mutation it is, but at least you'd know something was there.

Alternatively, maybe there could be two versions. One on the scrying page that doesn't reveal the specific mutation, and a grove item that does.

Let me know what you guys think! 

🏳‍🌈ɓσωɦεα∂ɓσყ🏳‍🌈

Posted 2020-11-10 09:14:18

I love the idea personally! You've got my vote!

Izzy Ca'tuil

Posted 2020-11-10 09:32:02

Personally I would not want this featyre. I think the uncertainty about carriers is a deliberate design decision that works to even out the price of pups produced by muties and known carriers and reduce the number of muties over all, keeping them nice and rare. Most of all, If I remember rightly from Lioden, having muties is very much a "win condition" for a lot of people - it's something people strive for - and as a carrier testing facility would undoubtedly cost a fair bit of currency, and make breeding for muties much easier, I would personally consider it a "pay to win" feature. If I was wrong and the facility was fairly cheap or free, I'd have less an issue with it, but I'd still prefer it not to exist.

I bet it would move tonnes of GC though.

Coal

Posted 2020-11-10 09:34:01

i like the idea of having an item revealing a wolf that carries a mutation. 

as long as the user has the option to choose if they want to know which wolves carry a mutation. 

magicwhitewolf

Posted 2020-11-10 09:59:25

I do agree with Coal and I do have mixed feelings about this. I sure would love to know if any of my wolves are carriers, but I don't want it to become a pay to win feature. By either be able to find out if a wolf is a carrier trough crossroads NPC or GC item. So I propose that in the future, there would be a mutie reveal item - but it is an event exclusive or in the slot machine jackpot prize pool. If it was purchasable  during an event for event currency only, it would give all players equal chance to get it but also limit how many items could exist. 

Kahvinporo

Posted 2020-11-10 10:03:02 (edited)

I really do like this option. Since you are asking for carriers to be revealed, but not which mutation specifically! As the pool expands into more mutations that are passable this will make it still more interesting than blindly guessing.

Edit: Missed the GC item comment, but still support.

UnheardSiren

Posted 2020-11-10 12:41:16

"If it was purchasable  during an event for event currency only, it would give all players equal chance to get it but also limit how many items could exist." - Kahvinporo

This would alleviate a lot of my concerns :)

Coal

Posted 2020-11-10 12:42:19

I wouldn't mind seeing it as a scry option. 

Alan Dracula

Posted 2020-11-10 12:44:04

it should  allows all players an equal chance to get. 

you still wouldn't know which mutation is. at least you know a wolf or wolves are carrying a mutation. if you are trying to breed for a mutation you would know each wolves or wolf to breed. 

i still really like this idea. 

magicwhitewolf

Posted 2020-11-10 16:05:25

I'd love an option like this

Misfortune