Skip to main content
Main Content

Has anyone come up with lore for the special bases

Has anyone come up with lore for the special bases
Posted 2023-04-25 03:12:41
If not I thought it might be cool to come up with a story for each. And it could liven up bios.
Timewaster

Posted 2023-04-25 08:59:31
My pack has a partially developed religion. In the lore of my pack, special bases are granted by spirits from one of the four Courts. Which court and which spirit depends on the base and the vibes of the wolf. For example, my wolf Silent Whisper inherited her base from Moran, the queen of the underworld.  If a wolf were to have a base like Merged, it would be granted by a spirit from the Court of the Sun. Most Lunar bases would be granted by the Court of the Moon.

But that's just my highly specific headcanons

Ghost of the Brook

Posted 2023-04-25 11:00:24
ooh that's interesting. Moran is celtic if I recall? Which makes sense with coigreach and the druid gear :). There are only three special base categories though so why for courts or did you assign court by event (i.e lunar, coig, cataclysm, matchmaker?). Is there a thread where I can read more about this?

Silent whisper looks perfect for an herbalist too :)
Timewaster

Posted 2023-04-25 12:16:35
Moran is not Celtic, she is a spirit that I created for my pack lore. You're probably thinking of Morrigan, who was an inspiration for the character of Moran.
The bases aren't assigned to a specific court by event or origin, but rather by individual base. Some bases are more likely to be assigned by a specific court, like the lunar event bases being assigned by the Court of the Moon. It's really just on a case-by-case basis in my lore. The religion came before the idea of assigning bases, so it's not a perfect match between base and court.
Here is a link to my pack's lore where you can read more about the courts and spirits.

Ghost of the Brook

Posted 2023-04-25 12:24:07
My leads usually gain lunar markings/bases/other from visiting the lunar realm the first time! Not sure how this ties into their religion yet but since day one they've been called the Ina Ani, or the Moon Water wolves! :)

Emi Wolvesbane

Search Topic