Ghost Hunt Pack
- KODA'S REIGN- Koda had a unfortunately brief reign, cut short by his successor. He had been a rouge, traveling aimlessly through territories before stumbling upon the strange forest that would later become his home. While hunting, a large winged wolf appeared to him. She was revealed to be Nyx, the high goddess of night. She taught Koda the ways to lead a pack, the ways to live. Nyx brought more nomads to the forest, wolves Koda could care for and watch over. He was a kind wolf, always willing to hear those around him out. He died on 2022-10-09
- SPIDER LILY'S REIGN- Alpha Koda, the first leader of Ghost Hunt, accepted Spider Lily into his pack after the pup had been cast out of his previous pack. Spider Lily had tried to summon a god in hopes of ending the famine in his birth pack, accidently summoning and getting possessed by a demon named Kaleo. As Spider Lily aged, Kaleo gained more control. This lead to Spider Lily, during a time where Kaleo was in control, challenged Alpha Koda to a Alpha Duel, to which the leader ultimately lost. Spider Lily had been horrified when he gained control of his own body, finding that he was, in fact, Ghost Hunt's new leader. Times were peaceful up until Alpha Spider Lily's eldest son, Abin, challenged him to a Alpha Duel. Abin lost but escaped before losing his life. Still feeling love for his son, Alpha Spider Lily decided against hunting Abin down, instead focusing on training his second eldest son, Rein, to take his place as leader upon Spider Lily's passing. Little did the pack know that war and bloodlust was prowling the forest around them, waiting for the moment to strike. Spider Lily died of old age on 2023-03-27.
- Rein's Reign- Alpha Rein had a short time as leader. His brother Abin had declared war upon Ghost Hunt shortly after his coronation. After a brave wolf by the name of Haze took a sword through her heart, a sword intended for Rein, Rein stepped down as leader out of guilt. He allowed Swan Song to take his place, though Rein is his Second in Command.
- Swan Song's Reign- Swan Song was the cockiest wolf anyone had met, though not without good reason. He came from a makeshift "pack" that lived in a human junkyard. The "pack" based hierarchy through strength, and Swan Song was top dog. Many tried to take his crown, but their bodies would be left to rot beneath the garbage the other wolves would walk over. Eventually humans discovered this group of wolves and forced them out of the dump. Many scattered to other junk-covered areas, but Swan Song discovered Ghost Hunt. He had trouble fitting in at first, trying to prove his strength to be the Alpha. Alpha Spider Lily shut that down quickly without a real Alpha Dual. Swan Song was actually quite thankful. After Alpha Rein decided to retire, Swan Song was chosen to take his place. He only accepted the role as long as Rein was his second in command. ultimately, swan song's reign was quite peaceful, a welcomed change after the war.
These are the rules of the pack. If broken, the punishment is usually given by the pack alpha. However, for some more serious rules, Nyx herself will inflict punishment.
- There is to be no killing of fellow pack members. The only exception allowed is an Alpha Duel.
- The victor of an Alpha Duel will be crowned Alpha.
- The Alpha position is passed down to the current Alpha's heir when they pass on. Upon the Alpha's death, the heir will call upon the pack for any challengers. If anyone steps forward, an Alpha Duel will commence. If no challenger appears, the heir will be crowned the new Alpha, along with their mate if they have one. If the Alpha does not have any heirs, there will be a vote for who the next Alpha will be.
- The Alpha's heir must not be related to the current alpha/pack stud by blood. It must be adopted, or appointed by the current alpha.
- If a Alpha dies or is killed, the Alpha's mate will retire to the Elder's den. They may not take upon another mate, as it is considered a enormous show of disrespect to the previous Alpha.
- Prophetesses are not allowed to take a mate, though they are allowed to breed with the pack stud.
- Stalkers are the leader of the hunting parties. What they decide in their hunting party is law. The only one able to veto their decision is the Alpha.
These are the customs of the pack. This includes different actions or events in the pack.
- If a member of the pack believes that the current Alpha is not fit to lead, or that they themselves would be a better Alpha, a wolf can demand an "Alpha Duel". This is a fight to the death between the current Alpha and a challenger.
- When a wolf dies, the Prophetess and the deceased wolf's mate, when the moon is highest, will bring the body to the Tree of Ancestors. There, the Prophetess will speak over the body as members of the pack lay flowers upon the deceased's pelt. If the dead wolf is the Alpha, this ceremony will take place prior to the potential Alpha Duel and crowning of the new Alpha. If the dead wolf is the Prophetess, the new Prophetess will lead the ceremony.
- The blood-bond of peace between Ghost Hunt and Pentagram Paradox must be kept alive, brought about by combining the bloodlines of Alpha Swan Song and King Weight of The World.
Some wolves have normal roles like pupsitter, hunter, scout, etc. Some wolves have different roles and abilities. This could include Witches, Prisoners, even Ghost Whisperers. Most wolves have bits of lore on their bios. Some is information pertaining to their abilities, and some is just some quirky things. Feel free to read them!
- HIGH GODDESS- Nyx is the pack's high Goddess. She brought Alpha Koda here to first create Ghost Hunt. Now, she guides and protects the wolves who follow her. She will sometimes give omens and prophecies.
- GODS- Hypnos and Thanatos are brothers and the sons of Nyx. They were sent into the mortal realm by their mother to understand mortal struggles and emotions before they ascended back into the immortal realm with their mother.
- PROPHETESS- The Prophetess is the healer of the pack. She can speak with the Goddess and Gods, where she will then relay any important information to the pack leader.
- STUD- The Stud is a male wolf selected by Nyx to sire the majority of the pups in the pack. This male is often chosen for his appearance, whether that be for a rare marking or for a odd mutation. If the Pack Alpha is male by birth, they will be the pack stud.
- THE TRAVELER- The Traveler is a wolf that trades with nearby packs for trinkets and decor. They are often gone, but is still considered a part of Ghost Hunt.
Many creatures live in the forest that Ghost Hunt resides in, and there are special locations within the forest that hold significant value.
- THE TREE OF ANCESTORS : This is the largest tree in the Weeping Willow section of the forest. The tree is the mourning and burial place of pack members put to rest. The tree is guarded by a wolf in limbo, stuck between life and death. This wolf guides the deceased to the afterlife safely. To see all the souls the tree has seen, click here.
- LUNAR REALM: The Lunar Realm is a strange dream-like place within Hypnos's mindscape. He allows the pack into this world once every moon. Many creatures cross over into the living world, resulting in strange couplings between the Lunar creatures and the Ghost Hunt pack.
- GRIFFINS: Griffins are creatures with a lion's body and an eagle's head, feet, and wings. They reside in the Lunar realm, and are a rare sight for their wariness towards the Lunar outsiders.
- THE GUARDIAN: The Guardian is a wolf-like creature made by Nyx to protect the forest surrounding the pack's clearing. It is a creature made of fallen trees and other dead plants. Mushrooms and moss grow upon its body, allowing it to blend in further with its surroundings. Wood dragons like to travel on its back, while fae like to play in its antlers.
- DRAGONBORNE: The current Dragonbornes are descendants of the ancient ones with the same name. They use to be half dragon, half wolf. Now they are simply descendants of those creatures. They have sharp claws, horns, and have a dragon familiar. A pack of them lives in the next territory over from Ghost Hunt. They are sly creatures, and will always raise the price of trades in hopes of adding more trinkets to their hoards.
- Wolf-Deer: Wolf-Deer are born randomly, a gift from Nyx. They are wolves with antlers, and are much faster and nimble than normal wolves. They are extremely rare, and won't be known to be a Wolf-Deer until they are a few months old when their antlers start to grow in. A large celebration is held when a Wolf-Deer is discovered in the pack, the Wolf-Deer being showered with trinkets and praise.
The den a wolf is to sleep in is determined by their role in the pack. Hunting groups sleep together in the den with each other, Elders and Scouts sleep in the same den, pupsitters sleep in their own den together, etc. A wolf's den location is determined on the influence and power they have in the pack. The closer to The Shrine a wolf's den is, the higher they are in the hierarchy.
- THE SHRINE- The Shrine is a temple in the pack where wolves go to worship their gods Nyx, Hypnos, and Thanatos. It is a sacred place where no conflict shall occur. The punishment for this action is determined by Nyx herself, often resulting in death. The pack's Prophetess is often seen here.
- THE CASTLE- The Castle is the Alpha's den. Their mate, heir, and the pack's Prophetess are to sleep here. Any visiting wolves from other packs sleep here as well, as it is the most comfortable den. Other wolves of the pack may also find themselves sleeping here, depending on their role. It is seen as a high honor to be allowed to sleep in this den.
- ELDER DEN- The Elder Den is the sleeping place of both mentors and scouts. Scouts sleep here to tell mentors stories of what they find on their traveling of the pack's territory, as mentors can no longer travel such a long distance anymore. Scouts also sleep here to protect the mentors in the event of an attack. Retired wolves also sleep here (wolves that have reached level 20.)
- HUNTING PARTIES- The hunters of the pack sleep in their respective hunting party's den. This allows the parties to obtain a closer bond, in turn allowing them to provide for the pack with a higher efficiency.
- NURSERY- The inner part of the Nursery is where the pups and adolescents sleep and play, while the Pupsitters sleep in the outer part of the Nursery to protect the pups. This den is the largest in the pack, as pups come plentiful and many wolves must participate in taking care of them.
- THE HOLLOWS- The Hollows is a den close to the outskirts of the pack's clearing. The individuals sleeping here were once a large pack of Badger-like wolves living in the Grasslands. After the rest of their pack was completely massacred, the few survivors went to Alpha Spider Lily for shelter, who accepted them into his pack. They still consider themselves a pack, so they have their own small hierarchy underneath Ghost Hunt's. Because of the vast difference in culture to the wolves of Ghost Hunt, Fox-like wolves also decide to become a member of The Hollows.
- THE OUTSIDERS- The Outsiders are wolves and creatures that are friends and allies of Ghost Hunt, though not actually apart of the pack. Some of these individuals live around the pack's clearing, while others are nomads, traveling in and out of the territory. None of the creatures live in the pack, though some will visit for a few nights to see mates, close friends, or siblings.
|Alpha Swan Song|