Skip to main content
Main Content

Freezing/unfreezing Wolves

Posted 2023-07-07 15:37:12
Heavy don't support. This would go against a lot of what makes this game's economy work.

Rippleskip

Posted 2023-07-07 16:10:20 (edited)
The frozen wolves wouldn't be sold/traded and are different from immortal wolves So how?

Have a look at Horse Fables and Furry paws.This idea is meant to work similar to those two gameswith a feature They have that's the same as mentioned and would be most likely account bound.
Yes, people can 'hoard' rare things but people are gonna do that anyway if they want.

We'd love to see how you don't support and if something doesn't make sense. ^ ^

Fangx

Posted 2023-07-07 18:35:11 (edited)
Agreed! I didn't think about the hoarding rare wolves thing so thanks for pointing that out. But yeah, look at horse fable. It'd work similarly and the only reason their economy is weird is because people super price things. But I digress. And even if people did hoard rare wolves it'd give them a chance to keep said wolf until they found another they wanna breed with instead of like having to breed so to say.

And the other thing is is this might even just give an option to unfreeze wolves. I'd be happy with something as simple as that instead of making a whole new-but--similar thing.
Cybertron

Posted 2023-07-07 19:53:44
Okay, let me try to go into detail. The reason this is so antithetical to how Wolvden is meant to work is that it makes everything too easy in a way it's not meant to be. For example if you have a litter of good pups and want to pick one for your lead wolf, this system would allow  you to freeze one or more of  the others until the one you choose is done, and then just move onto the next one, etc etc. Wolvden's breeding system is meant to be about progress. You need to make smart decisions with the wolves you choose to breed and use in roles because they won't be available forever. Changing this would be antithetical to the entire system the game is based around— the reason the rollover system works how it is is so that you can't do exactly what this thread suggests. Wolves are here when they're here. The immortality system makes wolves into trophies, essentially— it's like a fancier version of the Dynasty.

Cybertron, you mentioned saving rare wolves until you find one you want to breed it with. The thing is that, again, wolves are here when they're here, and the game is designed to be that way. It's meant to function so you can't just save wolves for when you need them, because they're meant to function like animals that exist and live in a pack, and animals age.

Rippleskip

Posted 2023-07-07 20:09:23
No support, for the reasons that Rippleskip mentioned. People could abuse this to save a rare NBW's age until their stud retires.

Ines🪻Semi-Active

Posted 2023-07-07 20:31:48 (edited)
I have to politely disagree Ripple and sorry for the text wall. I am Very passionate about this feature and what help it could have for the game for those who Do want it as well as Need it.

This is a game and can be played how one wishes.
It can be challanging if one likes or easy while still using the features the game provides if they like.

This feature merely helps with some issues esp for certain reasons plus it'd be optional to use and is on some levels a QoL thing. That's how i see it when on HF or FP. It was there for people who really needed it and had cooldowns to privent abuse. It makes things easier for people who are overwhelmed with what they have and since we can only have 1 account then it makes it even harder to better sort ourselves out sometimes.

I had a project for example, that i had to throw out because it was too over whelming for me with so many wolves to care for at once and better keep track of everything, and many weren't good ages when i did find a pair that'd fit. Everything that comes to this game isn't gonna stay rare for long on some fronts besides i know yer gonna say 'Well don't keep so many wolves' which hon, lemme be honest with you... No One is gonna be doing that. It was hard enough for me to chase off the wolves i did but the project i wanted so badly to do was canceled. Yes i could write things down and i did but i have ADHD and that doesn't always work.
One thing is I Had to change how i had my wolves and i hated it but it worked until i got fed up and culled near all my wolves. Not everyone is gonna do that and even though these wolves are just pictures, people care about them esp when they have a story or you want to keep lines going that you are fond of.

This feature we're requesting Isn't meant to break the game since we've experienced it in use on FurryPaws and HorseFable. It Is very different in one way from how things work here yet on the surface it does look similar. Do you even know the two games we're even talking about? If not then i recommend having a look at them. Sometimes I personally fail at explaining things but as a beta tester for the game i know what i'm talking about.

Games are meant to be fun for those who play it and everyone here can play it how They want. It can be as hard or easy as you the player wants but to say that it has to be hard for everyone is Not fair for everyone. Let each person make that decision on their own please.
I like the challenge and i'm still working on my own mode: Survival mode But I like it to be enjoyable and not to overwork myself. Usually i keep just about or under 20 wolves (Same with lions on Lioden) and i usually have a great time where things feel balanced but when the game starts feeling like it's Too much then i don't want to play much if at all and i'm sure many on here will agree.

This feature would work wonders if it was implimented and it'd be optional for once again, those who really needed it as We can only have 1 account (on LD where we can have 2, many use their 2nd account to store lions they'd like to keep fr later use depending on their projects and i really don't see too much issue with it)
I do see the idea of thinking carefully but not everyone cares about that and just want to play and have fun with what the devs have made.

The freezing is meant to be temporary so it's not like Immortal wolves and it's seperate from RO times as those who'd Not be locked/preserved/name still pending are the only ones who'd age on RO while those selected for time freeze stay as they are unless you manually un-freeze them and would have a cooldown (HF and FP has the cooldown for until the next RL day) before they could be frozen again. Yes they wouldn't age, need food/toys nor would they be able to do other things until unlocked.

If this is true on the animals aging then why shouldn't we just get rid of RO then? They're meant to age after all and the RO gets in the way of that... Immortal wolves? How about we get rid of them since in real life there's no uch thing and that also gets in the way of aging.
This. Is. A. Game.
The players play as They wish let others decide for themselves and just try to see where we are coming from please. We are suggesting this for a reason that We would like that'd be optional for anyone to use.

Locking on Furry Paws
HorseFable
You can freeze your account but you can also freeze a tab where your animals are.

These games here may be more 'simple' or 'easy' but what they have is Helpful. People can save a rare wolf anyway by rarely logging in as well. Besides, i'm sure Devs can figure a way to help with that if that's what yer concerned about.
May i ask what Idea you can offer to make this an even better idea? I'd Love to hear it ^ ^

Fangx

Posted 2023-07-07 20:37:51
A huge part of the joy of this game for many people is being able to handle and manage your pack against harsh odds. If people were able to take an easy way out like this, or dare I say, cheat like this, it would strip the game of a lot of its meaning. I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with wolves you haven't been able to handle in the past, but this is not the solution.

Rippleskip

Posted 2023-07-07 20:41:49 (edited)
I agree on that front but That's different for everyone and certainly... I'm hoping they find good homes as NBW though ^ ^
Either way, I'd be hopeful for this feature no matter what anyone tells. In the end it Is up to the Devs and can be come up with. I hope my next attempt won't be a failure though.

Ideas to make this better are still welcomed ~
(I'm too stubborn pfft)

Fangx

Posted 2023-07-07 21:07:52
I respectfully disagree with the part: "This is a game and can be played how one wishes. It can be challenging if one likes or easy while still using the features the game provides if they like."

This not truly a single player game, and while one can RO whenever they want, and manage their pack however they like, there should be rules to keep this fun. I am also on Furry Paws, and while I enjoy that game, it is different from Wolvden. It is a different type of game, and should be kept that way.

The thing with browser based pet and trading games, is if there are exploits and easily abused features, it impacts everyone, specifically through the market.

Ines🪻Semi-Active

Posted 2023-07-08 19:02:03
I support this idea. And lemme tell you why I believe it wouldn't be as market breaking as some say it would. But first something to say about the "it's supposed to be hard" quotes people keep throwing everywhere.

As an old player I been here, since early access with occasional times where I hiatus. My experience with games is varied and far out there, I've been playing game, venturing throughout all kinds of breed games/ sims/ idles/ shooters and more. Yes this is a game that supposed to have some degree to difficulties in obtaining/ Achieving/ and overall managing but that should not be the main focus especially not in an argument at all. This is a game where people can choose varied ways to play, and forcing a game to remain difficult in every aspect does not make a breeding game with digital wolves fun, difficulty is for games like dark souls or bloodborn it has its places but not for a wolf pack manage/breeding sim. Not everything needs to be difficult or extremely challenging, I'm not saying make it easy idle but there is a fine balance that we need and can manage even with unrealistic or beneficial features that may be frightening.

The market is constantly being ripped and reformed by a lot based by new additions to the game and majority of players demand and supplies. I will use a few examples.
Throughout the game TIIIs has been here for ages, their valued diminished greatly over the years even those their chances are still difficult to obtain, from 100s of gc to 100s of sc TIIIs have been devalued greatly with or without newer features that could of added to such rates. Pies were featured last year in the Black Friday sales and are quite literally depended on people buying the mods and using them/ breeding to obtain. People have overbred these and changed the market permanently with pies diminishing in half a year till they dropped to 100s of sc in value for both long and even short Gens just whatever people can't sell. The new eye recipes just came out and were skyrocketing in price when people first got the recipes but with time these new eyes too will diminish to mere amounts of sc for whatever does not sell.
As for NBWs, even TIII NBWs are not selling, they used to be 100s of gc and now don't always sell for 50gc even. Depends on the TIII for varied values. So you see there is quite the trend here of very valued things not retaining value anyways. I believe by basic calculation that this freezer, if costing a fee, and even obtaining a cooldown when unfrozen like how everything else has cooldowns will not negatively effect the market but perhaps help it. If wolves could be frozen in age and be saved, people will have a way to save their favorites for the right time to use and or even hold untill sold at a young age. A lot of high valued wolves loose value over time when their age increases because people want young wolves. This feature could be more helpful in more than enough ways for players different play styles and if you don't want to participate then you merly don't need to use it. Having such a feature would be game changing but not enough for people to break the market with, the only market breaking thing that has been happening is the chase G1 hype where people only want Gen 1s to buy/stud/sell which is another issue that is actually holding us back and had already changed the markets and still changing them to this very second. Having such a freezer feature may be used be semi used by such people but the most you can do in extreme is freezing a carrier G1s and saving it until their is a demand for them which honestly isn't gonna break the market by much. Especially if we have a few, a cooldown, and restrictions on what wolves can be frozen.

Why be forced to not ro when you can just pay the cost to freeze your favorite wolf until it the right time?

calculated Pros
-Freezing a desired or sentimental wolf until the right moment

-Keeping high valued wolves from aging for projects (similar to pro 1)

-the ability to hold a wolf frozen until market demand is more desirable

Cons with potential fixes
-Easy to overuse? (especially for big packs)?
Fix- this can be fixed with limited slots/ fees and cooldowns to avoid large freeze packs
-Coding?
-The coding would be not too extremely complex (if WD doesn't use spaghetti code). This would require a mechanic to freeze the age (even roll overs in case it's attached and linked with age) basically a code to tell it to stop for as long as it has a frozen status on it until released from the frozen status and allow the wolf to continue to age properly again.
-High stat wolves?
-honestly the saving of high stat wolves isn't gonna break the game, nothing stops a person and their friend from spending hundreds on Gurana stating their leads and breeding the babies with the other. High stat wolves also don't breed such extreme monster stat babies and I don't think they ever will at this rate.

Bugs that can happen would be age jumping as if it was never frozen, frozen but still aging, roles decreasing while frozen and perhaps one more not known to my mind.

for Thread maker
Of course it's wolvden we are talking about so it would have to be balanced. I believe wolvden would put a cooldown on it, a fee and perhaps a limit like how we have limited immortal slots to prevent big packs from freezing half their wolves. And prevent the sick, on Claimed/Trade cooldown, travelers, wolves on roles, pregnant/or nursing wolves from being able to be frozen

Not sorry for the giant brick of text, I'm very passionate about some things with all due respect of my fellow players of course :3 if there are any issue or unclear words lemme know and I can (in shorter text) explain which part your confuse on

⛧🖤 ꫝꪖᦔꪊక𓆏 Salty Hat🕷

Search Topic