Skip to main content
Main Content

Community Update #67

Posted 2022-11-11 21:50:23
Please note: Tone- this is not aggressive or mean or anything. I just felt like noting a pattern.

I'm a little baffled by all of the eye bleed special light bases.

There has not been a *single* special light base that has not felt low in pattern and incredibly, ridiculously, kind of uncomfortably oversaturated. Diana came close and I had high hopes for this year's Coigreach as a result, but honestly? Base alone, Wisp is not only grating on the eye, but also doesn't feel like it meshes well with the aesthetics of the other bases or the event as a whole. I've noticed this as a pattern in Special Light * bases- while mediums and darks get pattern and more muted colors, Lights often require significant effort from the player to make them look appealing, as far as my own experience has been. It feels as if Wisp was designed with markings first in mind rather than as a completed base- especially when compared to Annwn or Clover, which have far more intricate color patterning that doesn't hurt the eye.

I'm ngl, this is part of the reason I don't tend to breed Light base wolves, lol.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I'm just confused by the trend, especially when compared to less saturated but incredibly lovely non-Special wd Light category bases like chromium, opal, teardrop, piasa, rime, jacinthe, magnolia, pale, and titanium.

orderup

Posted 2022-11-11 22:10:54
YAAAAAAAASSSSSSS NNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSS
Spiritofthenight

Posted 2022-11-11 23:58:56
Can't wait for the new Pose variant to come out!!

🌵NIB Brachy Breeder🌵

Posted 2022-11-12 01:06:29
yayy news!

bambiroe [hiatus]

Posted 2022-11-12 06:08:57
News, let's goooo :)))
Sleepymoose

Posted 2022-11-12 06:31:27
The poll had a difficult question considering neither of the new bases are available in the game yet and some players may not think about the bases just by looks displayed in the wardrobe or news post.

Dżanek

Posted 2022-11-12 11:07:13 (edited)
I'm just like "What new base applicators??" -sees nothing new for sale-

Edit: They are in a news post if anyone wants to see them also: https://www.wolvden.com/chatter/topic/868064
Aria

Posted 2022-11-12 11:12:11 (edited)
For everyone wondering what new apps, if you go back in the news section, it mentions Coigreach (current event) will have a part 2 this year with Wisp or Annwyn being the two new bases you can choose from. Idk if everyone read it or not, but that's where they announced it and if you go to the wardrobe on the explore page, you can view them both. - Edit: not me typing this out and hitting submit as the post above me does an edit with the link lol

🌵NIB Brachy Breeder🌵

Posted 2022-11-12 11:20:39 (edited)
Aww I was really excited to get clover or moss and designed my plans around it. They are very woodsy and natural. (Edit: Or maybe I misunderstood and we still get clover/moss and the new part two unlocks something else, it's kind of hard to understand.)
Aria

Posted 2022-11-12 11:23:33
I really like both of the new bases has much has first ones. Overall I'm enjoying this has much has first time I did. Still wondering what Coigreach herbs are used for maybe the new amber item. ^^
Scream