Skip to main content
Main Content

Of Crowns and Chaos RP (1x1 Private)

Posted 2022-06-18 10:45:10
He agreed. At least he was agreeable in that way. During his time out on the battlefield written letters to his brothers or his mother were a consistent thing. Even if his camp were on Kesal's lands it was better to have a written letter than some messenger to deliver a verbal message. It was more of a sentimental thing as well as a smart strategy in any case proof of something ever need to arise. So Kieran was relieved when the other prince agreed to the suggestion of written correspondence. It made things easier for them but Kieran also had to be careful of what was written in the end because those letters could be found by anyone of either court and held accountably or used against the other down the road. Such a trifling thing to think about but when two kingdoms were at war such a thing wasn't out of the extreme. Even if Kieran enjoyed a good literature of poetry and war the second prince knew experiencing those ridiculous laws would make it that much more real and he best armor himself with all the information he could of Regnum Caelerum before his time in their court was detailed. That could be tricky though because for all he knew if he were to be the first to go over to Ori's kingdom he would not have much time to read up on it but neither would Ori if he were chosen. So would it be better if Ori spoke of it himself during their meal together?

Clearing his throat Kieran gave a half-crooked smile at Sage at his words and shook his head in amusement; the light returning into those pale orbs. "You make a fine point sir." he chuckled before turning to Ori and sweeping his hand out in front of him as if telling him to go first but not daring to touch him. Stepping off from the path instead as he did so to give the other space to walk.

"Shall we go get some breakfast? They have some good selections in the banquet hall." He offered with a brow raised inquiringly. He wouldn't tell the other Kieran had already eaten his breakfast but a small snack and some drink wouldn't hurt just so that Ori didn't feel uncomfortable with being the only one eating together. 

Turning a glance to Sage he tipped his head and asked politely. "In the meantime, would you be so kind as to find any and all books that may hold information about your kingdom to be sent to my room? I think brushing up on my knowledge of the kingdom would be smart before I go and make myself a big fool"  he laughed a little bit at that as if putting himself as a fool in the eyes of the Regnum court was supposed to be funny; he was at least attempting to lighten the mood even if it were at the cost of his own dignity. It would give the other something to do and give him the peace of mind that Kieran wasn't just blowing smoke up his ass; the elf truly did want to know about the kingdom even if they all knew Kieran's dislike for the culture. His reaction to Regnum Cealurum would resemble a wound he would've gotten in a battle. It would hurt and seem unnecessary but in the end, it would heal and he would learn from it in the end.

Rise0fthePhoenix

Posted 2022-06-20 08:47:25 (edited)
The young heir wasn't too concerned about spilling information that could potentially be of use to Kesal in the war. In his eyes, the kingdom he belonged to had no weaknesses. He didn't know what kind of information could possibly assist the enemy in their war efforts, he could be considered a scholar rather than a solider. A pen could be sharper than a sword though.

It was a bit of an instinct for Ori to recoil from strangers, the outside world had been protrayed as savage and unforgiving in some of the books he'd read. His shoulders stiffened at Kieran's movements, but he relaxed his arms to fall at his sides and walked by.

"I've neglected my curiosity for what the stronghold has to offer us in terms of replenishments." Ori replied. Even though he had been hungry, it hadn't been at the forefront of his mind. Being where they all were in that moment, there was a lot of more important matters to ponder over rather than self-care.

Sage gave a small nod to Kieran's request, empathising with him in some way. "Regnum Caelerum is rather tight lipped about the inner workings of their region, but I'll try." He didn't stick around for long after answering, heading off away from the courtyard in quick but long strides.

Prince of Amethyst

Posted 2022-06-21 10:00:16
Kieran returned the nod of thanks to Sage and watched the other leave with long purposeful strides; not wanting to further overstay in the pair's company. Clearing his throat Kieran turned back to Ori and followed the smaller male down the path he himself had taken not too long ago and quickly caught up with the other. He made sure to keep his distance so that Ori did not get uncomfortable or risk the chance of any part of them contacting. He wasn't sure what to say as they walked; thankfully not a lot of people were around them so Kieran did not fear being overheard when he suddenly spoke up and looked over at the other.

"If you don't mind my question Ori. I noticed that you and your father do not um...look alike in some ways." he glanced over at his extra appendages "Do you take after your mother?" he added thinking back to his own family bloodline. Kieran himself took after his mother when it came to the appearance asides from his sharp eyes which he had gotten from his father. The rest of him was all his mother so he wondered how it was with Ori's family.

"I also remember it mentioned you were the only heir to Regnum; why is that?" he asked curiously as his gaze left the other and fixated on his shoes as they walked through the halls.

Rise0fthePhoenix

Posted 2022-06-21 10:24:10
The quiet between them as they walked didn't hang heavy in the air. Both of them were mewling over what words to speak, it was a matter of who made a sound first. Ori was too tightly wound up to spill his thoughts or feelings without careful consideration, he had many rehearsed questions and answers that hadn't been tried yet.

Kieran's note of his appearance could've been said for the other, in other categories too. He had an edge but it wasn't sharp and dangerous, until that was what he wanted. A strong aura that had the capacity to soft depending on the conditions.

"I was never acquainted with my mother, however other court members have commented that I share a strong resemblance with someone my father was fond of. Possibly a fleeting romance with a citizen." He explained. Some beings didn't require a male and female to reproduce, able to continue their lineage on with asexual reproduction. Ori wouldn't be surprised if that was how he came to be.

His light irises looked to the male royal, expression relaxed as he continued speaking. "I am the sun king's only seperate blood, our lineage solely consists of us. If he had accepted an apprentice, I would have gladly shared the title." Ori didn't recall reading or hearing about any other relatives. There was always those who were akin to family but never through blood. Mentors and apprentices were more common than parents or siblings in the court.

He wanted to ask about Kieran but already knew some things. It would be embarrassing for him to admit in person that he'd conducted his own research prior to arriving.

Prince of Amethyst

Posted 2022-06-21 10:51:47
He wasn't sure if the other would feel pinned to the spot at the question or not; Kieran wasn't sure how sensitive Ori was to the subject or if it was common knowledge. The elf wasn't very accustomed to the traditions beyond what he had read of the Regnum court and he had only ever encountered them through battle so the political side of things was left out of his attendance. He could always have asked Rhys but it never really came to utmost importance until now on his list of things to learn about. Perhaps he should have put more effort before. Ori's answer though made the elf take a pause a moment to mull over his words. He never knew his mother? That was rather odd; had she died in childbirth or something? Ori didn't comment on it outside of that so Kieran couldn't get an answer to his unspoken question instead the raven nodded his head politely and looked away long enough to pause at the doors to the banquet to allow the guards to open the doors for them to enter.

Beyond the array of food was still present. He idly walked over to grab something for him to drink while he allowed the other to grab something for himself to eat. Their conversation paused shortly in favor of grabbing food. Kieran settled himself down at an empty side of the table to wait for Ori before he spoke up again once the other was present.

"Does your father not want more children? He didn't seem too fond of allowing you near conversations about the court...how will you ever learn anything if he doesn't include you? Are you not supposed to take his place whenever he passes?" he suddenly asked looking over the rim of his cup at the other. It was obvious for anyone with eyes to see the lack of attention the king seemed to give his son and that bothered the prince.

Rise0fthePhoenix

Posted 2022-06-21 11:11:08 (edited)
Ori was rather pleased with the spread that'd been laid out for the visiting kingdoms. Regnum Caelerum didn't have any extravagant dishes of their own, surprisingly less was more in the food department. Uncomplicated and basic recipes is what they stuck to even if they could be a little more extra. Ori stuck to his usual, two shelled hard boiled eggs. If he had woken up early he would feel it better to eat more, but he needed to save his appetite now for the next meal.

He followed shortly after Kieran, storing an egg in his pocket while he sat and went to work on removing the shell of the other. "Fret not." All the questions he was being asked regarding his father put an edge in his tone. "My father is strong and healthy, he has many more years to reign over our prosperous land. Thus, I need not worry about rising with the sun yet."

Solar would talk to Ori in a different way, one of unwavering trust and interest in his worth. His personal likes and dislikes were not something for Ori to concern his father about.

"If there is a scenario where I cannot rise up, another will act as a pillar for me." He avoided using the word 'fail'. Failure was a fate worse than death to him. He wanted to so desperately make his father proud and meet his expectations.

Prince of Amethyst

Posted 2022-06-21 11:26:31
His keen eyes didn't miss the fact that Ori didn't seem to eat much. Unlike Kieran who hours previous had grabbed a plate piled high of different meats, fruits, and bread for breakfast the lion heir ate nothing but a single hard-boiled egg. Was he on a particular diet or something or was it just something that the Regnum Caelerum did that didn't eat much? He hoped Ori wasn't starving himself. Kieran was used to large dishes full of different vegetation sure; partly why he enjoyed being on a battlefield or mission meant that he could hunt for himself and eat meat without the look of disgust from others but this was different. He had expected the other to eat more than just an egg of all things.

Ori's voice brought Kieran's attention from his nimble fingers that were peeling the shell from the egg beneath and instead brought them to his face as he spoke. There was a sort of tension in his face that Kieran realized meant he wasn't truly saying his mind. It was something that Kieran began to pick up on. The topic of the other's father was touchy at best. Those words were rehearsed and it forced a smile of irony to the elf's lips as he finally leaned back into his chair and stared across at the other.

"I am not trying to imply something may happen. I simply like to put all options on the table to be prepared rather than be caught blindsided by emotion that could lead me astray," he commented shrugging. "I am not very close with my father but since I do have an elder brother I know that if something ever to happen to my king my brother will be able to step up. I never was thought to take the crown ever. I guess others thought I was too cold and distant to rule properly; ironic considering the man sitting on the throne right now." he scoffed under his breath as his fingers picked at the edge of the table in a habit of distress.

"The more I hear of your traditions and your kingdom it really does make me think we are as different as the sun and the moon our people represent..." a thoughtful look crossed his face and he glanced up at the other. "Have you ever thought to leave? I don't mean like the walls to the castle to stroll through the villages but more like...travel. See what the world has to offer beyond politics and the strict rules you are governed by? I mean don't get me wrong I know you think they are great and sensible because that's how you were taught growing up...but there are countless worlds beyond your books and scrolls Ori." he commented earnestly. As someone who had traveled a lot and seen a lot during his time as the governing leader of his father's army, he wondered if Ori ever craved the freedom Kieran experienced much more often than most people thought.

Rise0fthePhoenix

Posted 2022-06-26 03:33:23
[ Sorry for not replying, I'm on a short holiday until next week. Replies will be delayed and I hope you're having a good day/night ^^ ]

Prince of Amethyst

Posted 2022-06-27 07:20:53
[No worries! Thanks for letting me know! :) Hope you have a good holiday! I'll be here when you return]

Rise0fthePhoenix

Posted 2022-07-01 11:05:05
As Kieran spoke, he took a bite of the boiled egg and chewed thoughtfully. In the event that he had to take on the responsibilities alone, would he be prepared? Maybe no amount of studying and learning would ever fully ready him, and that scared him.

He swallowed his food. His character didn't have to be perfect, he could be sour and rude for all anyone cared, what mattered was that he could handle anything that was thrown at him. He had almost endless potential and knew he couldn't waste too much time, hence why he didn't indulge in leisurely activities at all. He had to spend his precious time taking in as much knowledge as he possibly could, following behind the Sun king.

"Of course I've thought about it, the world is bigger than what's behind the walls of Regnum Caelorum. There has not been no need to venture far, not for someone in my position. I cannot simply drop what I'm doing to go on a little adventure, surely you can understand." Ori's role wasn't like Kieran's, he was no warrior. Maybe. His fate was still rather ambiguous. He could grow to become a schooler, a mage like the ones that inhabited the stronghold, a war strategist. He was a smart young creature.

"I seek knowledge enough that I look forward to visiting your domain and exploring what it has to offer. Regnum Caelorum is strict in your eyes, therefore Kesal should be laidback in mine." He continued, not admitting to personally looking forward due to curiosity and interest in other cultures.

Prince of Amethyst

Search Topic