Skip to main content
Main Content

Discussion: Feeding & Care Changes

Posted 2021-09-10 10:49:39
Bakusatsu #8261 - that's an excellent suggestion, just wanted to add that. :D
It's a little annoying to have to manually scroll through dozens of wolves to see the exact value (and frankly, my sight isn't that good even with glasses, I find it easy to misclick), this would be a huge help!

Flower

Posted 2021-09-10 10:52:13
Just chiming in with what others have said re: Amusement / trophy items used for crafting - I would not like a system which forces a full use of the item at one time, I would much rather have the current functionality of being able to choose how many uses of an item you want to apply per activity (play until one use, then craft decor/applicators/nesting material). Especially given the very low drop rates on trophies like fox pelts / skulls.
Mirenoch

Posted 2021-09-10 11:09:18
I like the overall idea except for the need of "processing" food before it can be used. It only makes the feeding more tedious with more steps. I would like to be able to keep using carcasses.
Shey

Posted 2021-09-10 11:11:17
The one thing I would really complain about is the fact that you can't give a wolf a certian about of food/toy. Let me just explain.

I'm running low on food. I have a beaver carcass left that is 8 uses. I have 3 wolfs about the leave due to neglect that, if they share the carcass, they will be satisfied until the next rollover. What's annoying is that you can't really do that.

In lioden, you get to pick and choose what uses of the carcass belongs to who. That works out for me!

However, when it comes to large packs, this would be annoying.

So why not combine the two features? Unless stated otherwise, the wolf will be fed all the uses. What if there was some kind of button you can press to feed them individual uses? Same with amusement.

Fancy Rat

Posted 2021-09-10 11:17:44

I was at first on board with the initial idea, but reading through the discussion is giving me second thoughts and I agree with points others have raised so far!  Specifically:

1. Random trophy/item drops from carcasses, such as bones and pelts, would be a fun plus
  2. Avoid making the task into more/unnecessary clicks, which means time and tedium for users
  3. Re: foehn#3956, adding existing carcasses into a stockpile that can be used as a 'Feed from Stack' rather than breaking them down into chunks
  4. A new Quest from Tala to help explain the changes when they are implemented
  5. Leaving 1 use for items so they can still be used for crafting
  6. Re: Maddie#201, renaming 'Processing' to something like 'Rationing' or 'Portioning' to sound more organic
  7. Re: KittyKookiez#34644, adding 'don't let wolves in this cave go below X% hunger/mood' for FAPA

Cloudsong

Posted 2021-09-10 11:18:38
Overall, I think this idea has some promise.  If implemented, the processing page would need to be sleek, easy to use, and feature rich as possible. If processing was too clunky, or restricted how I feed my wolves, this feature just be adding additional busy work to the game.  I think a key feature is being able to select how many uses of an item you want to process.  You should be able to do this on a per-item basis, but I also think it would be helpful on a global basic. For example, there could be a dropdown on the top of the processing page that allows you to select the maximum amount of uses taken from each item. That way, it would be easy to take a single use from each item.

This is more of a small thing, but I'm not a fan of the term "Processing." It feels impersonal, and gives too many "Meat Processing Factory" vibes. I like Maddie 🪐#201 idea to call it "Rationing." It feel more organic, and a bit less gross.

Keycatt

Posted 2021-09-10 11:19:14
I would love to be able to select which items are toys and which ones are not. Toys can't be processed into food correct?

TatteredFury

Posted 2021-09-10 11:20:47
Feeding and playing for all players would be adjusted to be more similar to how the current Feed All Play All tool is now. Using items from the Meat Chunks/Toys from Processing, the tool would be enabled on a cave level - enabling you to feed all or play with all wolves in a single cave.

Personally, I'd prefer to feed all my wolves at once instead of having to feed each cave individually. I get how some users might want to feed on a cave-by-cave basis, but for convenience it'd also be nice to have a global feed button. (Unless you want to keep that exclusive to paid FAPA which is understandable.)

Lionel

Posted 2021-09-10 11:21:50
@ Keycatt #1226 - I didn't understand the problem with the wording until you brought it out (I'm not a native speaker) and now that it's finally clicked in my head... Yeah, that sounds off. Rationing food sounds much better. Thanks for bringing it up in a way I can grasp!

@Staff - Also a side note but thank you all for opening a discussion thread for this. :D It's nice to be able to get everyone's point of view and this way, we can learn from other users too if something's unclear to us.

Flower

Posted 2021-09-10 11:22:25 (edited)
All of the ideas (from the original dev post) sound like they would be extremely helpful to both large and small packs.  I especially would appreciate being able to feed by cave, because I never want my raise and chase wolves to be fed to 100% right before they head out the door.
Newfluffland