Skip to main content
Main Content

Increase Odds Of Finding Chased Wolves? (and other chase changes)

Posted 2022-07-20 19:04:24
if they aren't going to increase the chances, they should at least make the system put priority on wolves with more than three markings so that it WONT be just recycled nbws.
Quiet Voices

Posted 2022-07-20 19:16:42
Oppose?

(Apologies in advance if this comes across as stilted, I'm not mentally with it rn.)

I've come to find that chased wolves are no big deal anymore. A few I've found recently were perfectly good and wouldn't sell even for cheap, so I gave them away. This tells me that NBWs are flooding the market so heavily that people aren't looking for them much, unless they have something very special about them. Even 7+ marking T1s are being tossed out like nothing, because they simply aren't in demand anymore.

If anyone can prove me wrong on that, please do. It's just from what I've seen, NBWs are insanely saturated. I've gone a month+ without seeing anything but rechased, while others will find multiple T3s in a single day. Then I'm suddenly finding a couple T3s in the span of a couple weeks. Tons of wolves are being found all the time, just sometimes it's not by me. It's not a matter of the odds being bad, it's that the odds were bad for me in particular. (I do hate sporadic RNG though, just saying that the overall likelihood seems fine.)

I wouldn't mind if a change was made to make rechases less common in the pool. I don't think these rechases kick out good chases from the pool, so as long as they aren't taking the place of good wolves, then I have no strong opinion there. However, I don't like the idea that a wolf has to pass a certain criteria just to get into the pool.

Who's to say what's a good wolf? If I chase a T1 with no markings, but has Dust eyes, should that be deleted? If I chase a T1 that only has a few markings but is objectively pretty, should that be deleted? It's a matter of subjectivity; some might say this wolf shouldn't have been chased, but when I saw he was for sale, I grabbed him because I thought he was cute. I don't see why he should have been excluded from the chase pool because someone else thought he wasn't worth it. I'm happy with him and that should be enough.

The individual should be allowed to decide what is or isn't good enough when they chase, not the site itself. Adding a kill option or the inability for site-generated wolves to make it into the pool would be better than forcing all players to follow the same restrictions for every wolf they chase.

Whirligig

Posted 2022-07-20 19:21:57
But this isn't to tell people what they should and shouldn't chase, just what will and won't be recycled back into the game. They can still chase what they want. My pack just started over this past week and I upped my hard mode rules, no inbreeding and zero event markings/skin/noses/claws. sadly the chased pool is so flooded with event markings I had to work really hard to find the ones I did that didn't have event junk on them. And then filled the rest with basic nbw until I can breed up some new wolves. In my search, I certainly didn't feel like there were too many chased.
Quiet Voices

Posted 2022-07-20 19:30:07 (edited)
The part about chasing restrictions was mainly in regards to the other posts, not the OP's suggestion. As for amount of chased, I think it can be easy to assume there's barely anything out there if one's only viewing what they find themselves. It's meant to be rare, but from the Chased Spotting Thread alone, there are roughly 12-24 found a day. Then add on wolves that are found but never posted about and that number would shoot up. Those odds seem acceptable, personally.

Edit: Forgot to add, finding chased wolves without event marks is an insane challenge, I wish you luck there. :')

Whirligig

Posted 2022-10-17 09:47:36
Neutral (for now) - I've been counting my NBW encounters. Chased wolves currently sit at 5.12% of all NBWs met. For those curious:
All NBWs met: 644
0 Star: 504 - 78.26%
1 Star: 96 - 14.91%
2 Star: 11 - 1.71%
4 Star: 0 - 0%
5 Star: 0 - 0%
Chased: 33 - 5.12%

Ihmislehma

Posted 2022-11-16 12:00:27
I support. After the update, I was thrilled to have more encounters. I would say I had about.... 6 in 2 days before. Since playing for two years, I got only one T3 - and even that I'm lucky with. (And I would say rounded to 10 chased wolves) With this update, I have a popping 10 encounters a day maybe. I get 1 chased maybe every 2 days now. However, 5/7 chased that I find are useless 1 mark NBW rechased wolves. My opinion on who gets to enter the pool: There are some chased wolves that people find with smoke eyes and  1-2 markings. I love them so much I'm ready to throw my gc at them as they fit my project. (But  game generated NBW should NOT reenter the pool once chased). Hence I would slap that kill button in a heartbeat (I dont want to get bad Karma for it either - but thats another thread debate).

@Whirligig To add to what Whirligig was saying, its true, more NBW have entered the market and the value has decreased. I have a T3 NBW female in HEAT for sale and she has nobody's interest. But I don't think thats a chased wolf problem, I think its a market problem on its own - so I wouldn't factor that to oppose getting more chased. The chased that I DO find I typically keep. (however loop back to the point made in the previous paragraph)

† ʀɪᴘ †

Posted 2023-04-04 09:04:09
Support. Of the 124 NBW encounters my lead has had (he started at level 13 and leveled up almost immediately) only 1 has been a chased, and it was a rechased regular NBW. Disappointing to say the least. I'd rather be able to disable NBW encounters entirely than lose my energy constantly finding valueless wolves.

Data:
link
Koi (They/Them)

Search Topic