Skip to main content
Main Content

Monster Hunter: Wolvden

Posted 2020-10-19 17:43:38

aaah i'm super super looking forward to mh: rise!! the only monster hunter i've played before is mh4u on the 3ds. i was never good at it but i loved it so much i powered through hahaha. i've always used the switch axe but i think when rise comes out i might try dual blades or heavy bowgun!

meowth

Posted 2020-10-20 00:29:05

I'm excited for Rise too, but all I'm hoping atm is that they keep sticky ammo + evading reload for light bowgun, since that's just my fave build! If not... I guess it's time to switch mains haha. Bows are also nice weapon to use.

Kahvinporo

Posted 2020-10-20 01:51:06

Thanks, miki-chan for the recommendations, really appreciate it!

Also I'm sooo hyped for rise as well. I'm really hoping they keep some of the weapon mechanics from world, I really enjoyed being able to also charge the shield and axe with the charge blade. If they keep the sticky ammo and evading reload in rise, I'll probably also try out the light bowgun, I've never used ranged weapons before but always wanted to.

WearyVoyage

Posted 2020-10-23 05:31:50

Though, does anyone have any collab dreams for Rise?  I would personally love if we got a collab with Pokemon... but killing the monster and severing parts might not go too well with how Pokemon works lmao But I'm sure they could figure out a way to adjust the quest if collab were to happen.

Kahvinporo

Posted 2020-10-23 06:18:30

I think everyone's speculating an Okami collab and maybe Wolf Link for the Palamutes. I think a Twilight Princess remaster alongside a Rise DLC would be great marketing hmmm...

Pokemon could work if you use a dog-like Pokemon as a palamute (Sword/Shield?). 

Jato

Posted 2020-10-23 07:04:55

Arcanine palamute... I've a huge need right now. Pokemon collab would work like that much better than having to slay or capture a pokemon haha. 

Kahvinporo

Posted 2020-10-24 03:20:38

okay... hear me out... devilman x monhun crossover with gelmer as the event monster..

miki-chan

Posted 2020-10-24 03:34:28

I'm unfortunately not familiar with Devilman... But how about Shin Megami Tensei x MonHun? SMT has several monsters and many of them wouldn't even be out of place in the universe. Especially the more beastly monsters like cerberus or orthys.

We also could get layered designs for felyne and palamute in the style of sith and garm! Perhaps layered armour from Devil Survivor or Persona games too. 

Kahvinporo

Posted 2020-10-24 03:43:07

Considering SMT 5 is approaching (as well as Nocturne) I think that layered designs based on the series is a good shout. Also, the Mario series is definitely going to get a shout in some way - likely with the Palicos getting Mario and Luigi hats and moustaches.

Blue Pigeon

Posted 2020-10-24 03:46:14

I haven't played any Shin Megami games but it's my brother's all time favourite series and SMT 5 is the reason I won't be able to play Rise as soon as it comes out LMAO 

He's been waiting longer and there's only one Switch so I suppose it's fair. 

I think the Final Fantasy series is probably going to be referenced, MH and FF seem to have a good relationship. 

Jato

Search Topic