Skip to main content
Main Content

Retire lead wolf early without ”killing” it.

Posted 2021-08-12 21:16:48 (edited)
Support.

I really,  really don't like that my lead will eventually  (and permanently)  perish,  whether by my own hand or from old age without being able to do anything about it.  I would love to have the ability to retire him early and make him immortal for emotional attachment reasons,  or keep him around for a little bit more as a regular pack member if he is old,  but not old enough to die yet.

🌿 「 Juno 」

Posted 2021-08-29 17:30:03
MEGA BUMP. This is one of my biggest gripes with Wolvden. I have no clue why you have to kill your lead wolf, it makes no sense to me, and I would love to be able to make them immortal, or have a normal role for them.

Monophobia

Posted 2021-08-29 17:37:29
Support!

I forgot to ever support this. It's simple enough, lead wolves should be able to become regular pack members if no longer wanted in the leader position, though should never be able to become leaders again. It's very strange that they can't be and the method through which they're replaced early doesn't really make sense. What kind of pack would slaughter their leader just to replace them? My wolves are way more heartless and evil than I thought they were.

Whirligig

Posted 2021-08-29 21:29:15
I don't know if I supported this already, but support. I am still hoping that someday, we'll get a way to immortalize our leaders. Because I'd really, really like to see my original starter wolf back in my pack.

Potema

Posted 2021-09-06 14:06:42
support! this would be great for lore reasons and so that we can finally immortalize our leads!
wolfyfeelers

Posted 2021-09-06 14:23:10

I Fully Support This. It Makes Sense And Like Others Have Been Saying It Gives The Chance To Immortalize Lead Wolves! I Really Want To Immortalize My Lead Wolf Rn, Both For Lore And Attachment Reasons. The Only Solution I Have Rn Is To Create A Copy Of My Lead Wolf And Immortalize That But It Just Doesn't Feel The Same. :[

𝚂𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚢𝚁𝚘𝚋𝚘𝚝

Posted 2021-09-26 09:43:11
full support! i've spent a lot of real life $ on my lead and would like to keep him at least in my pack (and immortal) after he retires from being lead. it's frustrating that there isn't really anything (that i could find anyway) that explains your lead will die when it retires, even on the jellyfish hover-over explanation. from what i've read, some newbies like myself have spent a lot of money on their lead without knowing this. i don't see why the lead can't be retired into the pack and made immortal, just like the normies in the pack. plus, personal attachments! people get attached to their leads, have lore and art, so it sucks to just have them killed off  just because you roll over each day to play the game you've been putting real life money into (since each rollover = their time will come up soon). it's basically made me decide to take a hiatus just so my lead won't die in a few weeks.

hannaH

Posted 2021-10-02 18:44:56 (edited)
i enjoy this idea. i retired my breeding stud from his position early, and he was able to stay in my pack - i think there's not a lot of reason not to let previous lead wolves do the same.

seagull

Posted 2021-10-18 06:52:33
I seriously love that idea!! I would love my first lead to be immortalized so she could watch over her pack even after the heir takes over!

PastelSkulls

Posted 2021-10-25 15:16:08
Support only if former lead wolves are ineligible for leaderboards. Because lead wolves have much greater potential stat gain than pack members, ex-leads could easily dominate the highest stat leaderboards if they were allowed to do so.

But other than that, I like this idea! It's especially nice for lore players - a leader could step down in favor of their chosen heir, or there could be a coup within the pack and a rival faction seizes leadership, while the old lead continues to live in exile. There's a lot of nice lore potential.

Lionel

Search Topic