Skip to main content
Main Content

Adding A New Role Called Sentinels

Posted 2020-11-16 18:09:31

This is a great idea, something I thought of too. It would be great to have more roles and I would love to see something like this implemented. 

Zaynah

Posted 2020-11-17 00:33:57

Send the Guards! The Protectors! The Champions! The Guardians! The Peace-Keepers! The Warriors! The Patrollers!

Love the idea. Would also be interested in a "skirmish" feature to send these wolves into battle with another pack, kinda like how we send some wolves out hunting already.

Liger

Posted 2020-11-17 21:03:20

i love this idea    support  :) 

Ruby Red

Posted 2020-11-17 21:28:41

I only stand by this if the PvP is optional, and that no resources or territory slots are taken when defeated. I'd also like purchasing territory with SC to still be an option, so new players aren't unable to get new territory because of PvP.

✵MiniNefarious✵

Posted 2020-11-23 02:32:28

Supporting this. I especially like snow's contribution on page 2. Making the game more dynamic and immersive is fantastic - as it is now, your pack exists in a vacuum aside from studding in and out. I was shocked to find no collaborative or player to player play and this could help mitigate that.

Alyria

Posted 2020-11-23 20:36:16

Support for this!

🔥 RECONSIDER 🔥

Posted 2020-12-16 23:10:16 (edited)

I support this fully :D 

I already have a wolf ranked as a guard and would love if this was a thing to get him and future warriors more use <3

Hmmm maybe have a split option? Like A guard looks after the 'camp' and places closer to it like hunting grounds and a Soldier/Warrior would be the one to do Patrols/PvP Defense. Just an Idea ^ ^; 

Another fun idea maybe to have (Later more likely) random events that the Guard and Warriors could respond to from a random animal that tries to trespass or something. Maybe there could be future quests from the quest snake for them :3 

Pop up event example: "Hm, seems like that Pesky Racoon is snooping around in your territory and a Guard caught them. What should they do?" 

A. Question them 

B. Punish them 

C. Invite them in 

The answer would/could give something or not with a unique response (and maybe be linked to karma later if we get that?) 

Fangx

Posted 2020-12-17 01:20:21 (edited)

Support! Though I think that sentinels cannot patrol territories that are being scouted/re-scouted, like how our lead wolves cannot explore territories that are being scouted/re-scouted.

WolfDogamer

Posted 2020-12-17 07:28:51

oooh sounds lovely! maybe you could have a quest from tala where an animal, like a fox or badger for example, enters your territory, which could trigger a battle between it and the lead wolf? then she would teach you about the importance of protecting your pack and you would be able to make a wolf a guard/sentinel!

there could also be other consequences to an animal entering pack territory, maybe they could give minor injuries to random wolves or unprotected puppies (may seem harsh, im just brainstorming)

casperhydes

Posted 2020-12-17 20:06:02 (edited)

Adding a lil idea onto what snow said about this:

- The ability to choose your approach to the attack, ex. ambush, rush, surround. Each uses different stat comparisons/calculations.

I reckon you could form sentinel/guard parties which would include different roles and different stats for each role. This is similar to how hunting parties need a stalker, three chasers and one finisher to complete a full party. For sentinel/guard parties, you may need roles such as ambusher, rusher and attacker.

Example of roles:

• Ambusher - Smarts, Wisdom

Ambushers are like stalkers, they need smarts and wisdom to follow the opponent from a safe distance and judge the right time to attack.

• Rusher - Agility, Speed

Rushers are like chasers, they need agility and speed to keep on the opponents heels and keep them at their desired location.

Rusher's could also be used as messengers to warn the pack leader of a strong opponent, to which the lead wolf could either decline and accept the offer to help defend their territory and pack. For this, the player would get a blue notification bar at the top of their screen, saying something along the lines of:

(sentinel/guard party) encountered a (opponent name) whilst patrolling the territory, they need your help! Accept or decline?

If you accept or decline, both links will take you to a battle page, similar to the explore encounter battle page. If you decline, your sentinel/guard party will attack and may lose or win. Declining the offer and losing the battle means that your sentinel/guard party wolves mood(?) may decrease. If you accept, you will automatically enter a fight with the opponent, but your stats will also include your sentinel/guard attackers stats, as you're fighting as a group. If you accept, it means a loss of energy and hp to you and the wolves in the sentinel/guard party. Declining the offer means the sentinel/guard wolves loose hp and energy. You may win or lose if you accept or decline the offer. (Sorry, idk how to word this very well >_<)

• Attacker - Strength

Attacks are like finishers, they use their strength to battle the opponent or send them a warning about trespassing, depending on how far the opponent crossed into their territory and what damage they did.

Like how hunting parties can fail to catch prey, sentinel/guard parties may fail in ambushing, rushing or attacking the opponent.

This is just a lil idea I came up with, so its rather rough so ye!

WolfDogamer

Search Topic