Skip to main content
Main Content

Opinion(s) About Breeding

Posted 2020-11-01 05:52:37

this may have been suggested already but i havent read anyone elses responses yet, i feel like for public breeding, yes just one male, but interpack breeding should be allowed no matter what

Almonds

Posted 2020-11-01 06:53:47

I agree that it makes the males feel useless - and that it adds yet another mechanic you have to pay real money for (in another thread I explained how it feels like a cash grab, though I don't think the devs intended that).

I've accepted that I have a bunch of high stat male puppies no one else wanted and I guess I'll pay to gender-swap them.  :shrug:

Cardéstal

Posted 2020-11-01 06:58:02

I was somewhat thinking about this stuff. Like what's the point of having a pretty lead if he's not your breeding male?

Moon Loon

Posted 2020-11-01 08:02:06

Anyone else start out with a lead male and start regretting it later on?

My main's cute, but I don't want only 3 marks on my only breeding opportunity. So the 325 stats he has right now are... completely irrelevant to me. Won't be levelling him any further, there's no point putting in that time and effort when it won't benefit my pack later down the line. He's a waste of space and I honestly can't wait for him to gtfo so I can replace him with a female. If only I had the GC to get it over with so I didn't have to wait forever lol.

Like, sorry my main man, I love ya, but you somehow forgot how to have puppies, so. Go away please.

Whirligig

Posted 2020-11-01 08:44:20

As it stands, the territory slots system alone discourages me from breeding. I need 6 more slots to keep all the puppies I want to keep, and I'm not sure I'll be able to get that many in time.

Jay

Posted 2020-11-01 09:04:17

Expanding territory is kind of excruciating with how difficult it is to get SC.

Moon Loon

Posted 2020-11-01 09:40:39

I have not yet gotten into breeding because... I have no idea what I need to reach my goal. I have markings down. My base color though... Its a tier 3 base. And I don't think anyone knows how to get them yet. As far as I see only one Wolf exists of that rarity yet and its not in "player" hand. So I'm unsure if I even should start breeding yet.

Charon

Posted 2020-11-01 15:49:21

Yeah, I'm not fond of the current situation with males either. Sure, they aren't actually useless, but whenever I post on discord/forums asking whether I should keep a puppy or how much a wolf is worth or anything like that, "male or female" always comes up as one of the first questions, and basically everyone agrees females are better to keep/buy and generally worth more.

Right now it's not so bad because the GC:SC ratio is low enough that it's not unreasonable to buy a male and sex-change him, but in the future I think male prices are going to go down a lot more, and I think that's neither fun nor realistic in this kind of game.

Nika

Posted 2020-11-01 19:15:01 (edited)

Honestly the male prices plummeting only works more in the favor of players like myself who can afford the sex changers, honestly. It means people can snipe the males, sex change them, and sell them back out as females without saying anything. Thus, turning profit if the wolf has good stats/markings. Or, getting them a fraction of the cost of a female and then making them female and in turn they saved a lot of sc.

Cardéstal

Posted 2020-11-01 20:18:15 (edited)

@cardestal does that really save anything though? if you buy a male just to make a profit selling back as a female, that means you need to sell her for at least 3GC/240-300SC more than you bought him for just to break even (and quite a bit more to make it worth the trouble, in my mind), and most often males who would sell for a significant amount as females still cost a quite a bit as males, and it can be tough to sell a wolf even if they are female with pretty markings if you have a higher price for her. combining that with the money it takes to feed them while you're holding them and space taken up in the den by them and any necessary pup-sitters, it seems like you wouldn't be making any more by the end of it than players who just sell their males for a lower cost and cut their losses

i've never tried it, though, so maybe there's just some strategy i'm not aware of or you've been lucky with selling pups quickly. either way, though, even if its working now, it won't work in the long run once more players join and GC becomes more valuable and harder to obtain and there are more pretty female pups on the market that the male pups won't be worth saving. if your strategy is working out for you, then i certainly admire your resourcefulness, but as we can see looking at lioden, it's not a strategy that preservers in the long run, especially considering sex-changers cost more here than there

Sneep

Search Topic