Skip to main content
Main Content

Wolvden, challenging or not?

Posted 2020-10-30 15:33:43

I joined when the game went public and found my comfort zone after just a few days. It's not difficult, it just requires a bit of thinking and planning. Once you find a comfortable play style to settle into, the game is fairly easy.

I've never had to buy food or toys, I've got a nice cushion of SC to fall back on (whatever I spend, I try not to drop below 1k), and I'm slowly building my pack at a rate that I can keep up with. I think a lot of the people complaining about difficulty just need a little patience.

Tenn

Posted 2020-10-31 05:55:35

I do not feel like the game is very challenging. Hunts are difficult in the beginning, but after a while the wolves build proficiency and synergy and it gets better. Illnesses are largely minor and relatively uncommon; I have a surplus of every single salve. Puppies are at risk of dying but if you protect the ones you want, it is almost a non-issue. Scouting later can be a pain (101 stats in strength and/or wisdom for the last biomes), but... it doesn't really matter because you'll get there eventually.

However... If you aren't very active, I'm sure the experience is very different. You can also get absolutely RNG screwed.

Miso 🥣

Posted 2020-10-31 16:42:10

I honestly wished the game was harder?

Started with EA and now after a full month, I got a 100% hunting party, plenty or cures (and few illnesses), too many herbs and I am close to scouting the last biome. I know that the coming monthly events will keep boredom away but I was surprised how easy it all was (if you know... you read the guides).

From all the complaints I've seen of RF and Glacier having a stat gate, I am probably in the minority wishing the gate was set higher, have it be more challenging.

Sienna Snow

Posted 2020-10-31 20:47:32 (edited)

For me personally, it's fairly easy with a tad of challenge to it. I joined from the first day of PA (never played LD, but thought about it) and I caught on rather quickly like I do with a lot of other games. They only things I've had a challenge with so far (as I'm typing this) is being able to breed the bases/markings I exactly want (which I'm still learning bit by bit through the Genetics guide - I think I'm a bit unlucky with RNG, but it would not be my first rodeo in dealing with this kind of gameplay) and not having enough territory space for more Adults. But.. I have a bit of a spending problem with SCs and GCs, so I'm constantly low in terms of in-game money. I try to purchase at least +1 territory every so often in-between splurges of buying wolves and breeding. That's just me though, I can't help it. 🤣

So far no problems on having enough food and toys for my pack, I've never had to buy any as I constantly get enough from my hunting party and exploring parts of the map whenever I can. As for herbs, I do run low on some of them, but it's often times manageable by either exploring, trading x3 on Herbert the Herbalist page for x1, or (very rarely) trading in TC. Leveling up my herbalist is quite easy as long as I at least send her foraging, if I don't have herbs to make medicine. I always make sure I at least have one of each medicine (learned all 21) in my hoard, just in case if one of my pack members fall ill. This makes it to where I treat them as the illnesses come.

For the hunting party, it was a tad problematic starting because I didn't have wolves with personalities that didn't clash. But it was an eaay fix after I bought ones that worked well together. Since then, increasing the party synergy has been no problem. The hunts sometimes fail, but it happens. It gets easier as higher up the synergy goes.

So far as of yet, no deaths of puppies or pack members and I try to stay ahead with enough Pupsitters, and of course, treating illnesses.

I haven't had any problems with unlocking new areas of the map as of yet, ever since having two scouts, it's made it a little more easier. Though, I will be honest, I do worry just a bit on the ones I've heard have a stat gate. I haven't reached that point yet (currently working on Taiga and Swamp), but I have a feeling I'll be able to make it soon enough.

So.. all in all, the challenge for WD (for me) is between easy and middle difficulty, with some patience starting out and getting your pack set up. Hey though, I like some challenge, so it doesn't really bother me any. That's what makes achieving obstacles along the way worth it, cause then you can look back at it and say "Hey, I did it! I made it through!". If they ever decided to add more of a challenge to the game, I wouldn't be opposed to it. I think it would be quite enjoyable. WD has effectively kept me going and keeps me active a bunch when I'm able. It's just so satisfying to watch the pack grow. 😎

Eternal Destiny

Posted 2020-10-31 22:24:43 (edited)

It was hard at first, but once my wolves got more proficiency tasks became easier, we're drowning in toys and are doing fine food-wise. I only need two more out of the twenty-one cures. No deaths or lethal illnesses. The only thing I find hard is making money to be honest. The racoon is a cheapskate, my only source of income is the snake.

😄 happy 😄[inactive]

Search Topic