Skip to main content
Main Content

[On Hold] Alstroemeria (CYOA / Interactive Story)

Posted 2021-08-28 16:42:20
i choose c

magicwhitewolf

Posted 2021-08-28 22:15:41 (edited)
Chapter 1 — Choice 8: Results (0A) (0B) (3C) (2D)
The third choice won by a vote! This is the end of Chapter 1. Lunar "enemies" will be featuring more often from now on. Since this is a closing of sorts, the poll will be functioning a bit differently.

Chapter 1 [The Hunt] — Choice 9:

Guidonis forces himself to relax, allowing a small smirk to curve onto his maw. "They do treat me well," the young chaser admits, "although Asterlyn acts like a goose and Huāzaeleas tends to be lazy as a sunbasking seal."

The wolf bets that if he turned back to face his packmates, they would look positively appalled. Guidonis never speaks so casually, let alone to a... monster, for lack of better term. (Then again, half his pack calls him a monster. His swallows cheated death.)

He tries keep to keep eye contact with the creature, but its glowing, lumino orbs threaten to burn into his mind. Guidonis resorts to eyeing its unnaturally pointy fangs, only to glance back up when the beast cackles a rusted laugh.

"You hide your fear... with cordial confidence," it notes, nearly hissing the h's and snapping the c's. "You need not fear me, Little Lord... nor do your friends unless they harm you."

The swallows chirp in agreement then, bright and proud, nothing like their usual songs of mourning. Guidonis doesn't have much time to dwell on it because the creature finishes, "Go! Complete your hunt. We will speak in length... soon."

And then it disappears into strange blue mist, and Guidonis finally turns to his friends. Aruan looks too contemplative; Asterlyn, halfway between concerned and furious.

Chriou commands, "Hunt first, talk later."

They bring back a medium carcass that day. It's their first time catching something so large in the swamp. Guidonis hopes that the creature had nothing to do with it.

[End Chapter 1]

Well, then. There's no choice to be made regarding the passage above, but I do have a questions regardless. Feel free to answer as many or as little as you'd like.
1. Would you like to see the POVs of other characters, or should this stay focused solely on Guidonis?
2. What do you look for in a story? (mystery, fantasy, good characters, plot, etc.)
3. What do you want to happen next? (this is a very vague inquiry; vague responses are welcome)
4. Thoughts on what's happened so far? (I'm curious; give me all your theories)

Solstice [On Hiatus]

Posted 2021-08-28 22:27:47
1. I would like to see the POV of a few, select other characters, but only when relevant to Guidonis' main story, and I wouldn't want to see the POV of say, the Pherris Vagabond, because that would be too revealing I think.

2. I like good characters with character development and who have reasons for what they do; as long as there's that, I don't mind too much what else goes on. However, I do like mysterious, slightly eerie stories (not horror, though). I also like stories with subtle symbolism, or repeating themes, that might only be noticed by more attentive readers.

3. I'm really not sure. I would like to learn more about Guidonis' backstory, and maybe learn more about the rest of his pack.

4. I like it! I really don't have any theories I can think of right now. I need to learn more about Guidonis' backstory first. I do wonder if the leader knows anything about the Pherris Vagabond, and if he sent them to the Marsh for a reason along those lines...

︴▹ speedyscout 🏔️

Search Topic