Skip to main content
Main Content

Community Update #129

Posted 2024-02-16 11:58:10
You could think of it as a fun challenge to save up for the jellyfish. Or an opportunity to learn more about making money. We just got free grove items for playing Code Breaker which could be exchanged for jellyfish. It will also be good for the economy to have an item increase in value. I will probably raffle last year's jellyfish since I don't even use dating decors.

🍂 Leonca 🐆

Posted 2024-02-16 11:59:38
Wait so... you work to get event decor that you then have to pay (real money) to use? That.... is incredibly disheartening. So you don't get anything you can actually use for.. participating in the event? Like the other events give you bases/applicators/decor/currency/ect for doing the once a year event. Why would.. somethin like this even be implemented if you didn't plan for people to actually be able to readily use it?

ℭtrl 🌸

Posted 2024-02-16 12:00:22
"You could think of it as a fun challenge to save up for the jellyfish. "

The fun challenge was dating the wolves lol

Firenkyo 🌼

Posted 2024-02-16 12:04:03
For me the dating is just a way to get LB for the Tier rewards. So I get nothing for dating that I like enough to use, but I'm not angry at the developers for it. Keep up the good work, team.

🍂 Leonca 🐆

Posted 2024-02-16 12:04:45
i am suddenly so glad that i saved my jellyfish from last year...... honestly i wish there was another toggle for the dateables, that way you can have like one just-the-wolf version and one where they're laying/sitting down looking affectionately at you or something. i understand that would take work.. but it's a good solution to the jellyfish problem in my mind at least
Quillflight

Posted 2024-02-16 12:06:33
Wish I could like and upvote comments because a lot of good ones have been made.

@ Firenkyo 🌼, Hardcore agree. I don't see working for something twice as fun. I have other things I'm saving up for and would have just enjoyed actually being able to use something I worked for. These items are essentially worthless without another item you have to pay real money for. Not cool.

ℭtrl 🌸

Posted 2024-02-16 12:09:28
I have made hundreds of GC and I never paid real money. For me that is a fun challenge, but I can see how it's not for everyone.

🍂 Leonca 🐆

Posted 2024-02-16 12:13:00
"For me the dating is just a way to get LB for the Tier rewards. So I get nothing for dating that I like enough to use."

This lowkey felt like a slap in the face because while that's great for you, a lot of players (me included obviously) were very much looking forward to the decor rewards. That's the entire reason I participated in the dating at all. So yeah while some players don't care and that's fine that still doesn't make it fair to the people who do care and do want them.

"I have made hundreds of GC and I never paid real money. For me that is a fun challenge, but I can see how it's not for everyone."

Feel free to share with the class then <3

Making money on this game is really more luck than anything, unless you're buying it.

Vervain

Posted 2024-02-16 12:15:00
"I have made hundreds of GC and I never paid real money. For me that is a fun challenge, but I can see how it's not for everyone."

Ok.......? Good for you?
We've done the challenge - figuring out what npc likes and doesn't like and gaining max affection. The decors DON'T WORK without the jellyfish. You're getting half of a "reward" for it and being made to pay for the other half.

Firenkyo 🌼

Posted 2024-02-16 12:15:38 (edited)
I agree with Vervain and fire completely. Making money in this game is simply luck or by saving event stuff and never using it. After all this backlash, they'll definitely change it to give out jellyfishes though. As they should.

8 Point Buck